Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions

There is no set order nor number of additional stops. It is 100% dependent on how many guests at each resort are heading to MCO around the same time.
100 Acre Hiker, In addition to this great information, know that you always get picked up 3 hours prior to your flight time so if you want to squeeze in another hour at the resort choose a different transportation option. (Meaning you either spend that time in the bus or at the airport, but either way you are leaving the resort at the same time. )

Also, we'll only be taking Magical Express for our departure from BC heading to the airport. Does anyone know what the order of resort stops is going back to the airport? On our last trip, we stayed at the Contemporary, and the return trip was at least 1.5 hours making 4 resort stops. We're thinking about Uber-ing it to MCO if it's going to be anything close to that again.
The ME usually travels the following route to the airport: YC then BC then BWI then CBR
The length of travel time depends on how long they have to wait at a resort for people to show up and load or for other vehicles to get out of the way. The bus has usually gotten us to the airport two hours before our flight time.

Today was ADR day and I had to share - DH & I refer to this as the "No Repeats Tour":

Dinner - Tutta Italia, 'Ohana, Via Napoli
Lunch - Sci Fi, Nine Dragons
Breakfast - Be Our Guest

We had too many ADRs on our last trip (10) so we cut it down. Plus, we plan on trying Flame Tree and Yorkshire for quick service AND it's Food & Wine while we are down there. I don't think we'll leave hungry.

Question for you experts - our BOG breakfast is pre-park opening. Is there a proper procedure for when you arrive at the MK? Is there a certain gate to enter through for ADRs? I hate the thought that I have to cut through people to get to the front ("honest, I'm not cutting the line") so any advice would be most appreciated!

Random question, are there may or any standard view rooms on the ground floor at BC? Thinking with a baby and stroller that being on the ground might be easier.... We do online check in Friday so trying to decide what I should pick for requests. Thanks!

Two part question: We are staying in September, family of 5, We've never stayed at the YC before. We have a SV booked. Two questions: Should I bother doing on-line check in? I can't see the benefit (we should be checking in around 3:30pm) bc it seems it benefits the hotels, not us, when I've done it in the past. My requests never seem to be met until I actually go back down and speak with front desk. And (not at a Disney Resort) when we do not do on-line check in, and check in in person, we've been upgraded in the past. Just looking for feedback on pros/cons. Or, if I do end up doing on-line check in, should I request being near elevators (we don't necessarily need to be near an elevator, but the hike seems long if you're not). How many "secret entrances" and stair cases are there for us to use if we are on a far wing? (We're not afraid of stairs, just hate the winding hallways if we can be outside). Just wondering what to request if we do on-line check in (high floor?) . We won't need to request daybed since there are 5 of us, and I assume every room has balcony. I know with SV, it's up in the air, so just trying to figure out. Thanks in advance!!

Random question, are there may or any standard view rooms on the ground floor at BC? Thinking with a baby and stroller that being on the ground might be easier.... We do online check in Friday so trying to decide what I should pick for requests. Thanks!

I don't think there are any Standard Views on the first floor, Most of the first floor that would be Standard are public spaces

Two part question: We are staying in September, family of 5, We've never stayed at the YC before. We have a SV booked. Two questions: Should I bother doing on-line check in? I can't see the benefit (we should be checking in around 3:30pm) bc it seems it benefits the hotels, not us, when I've done it in the past. My requests never seem to be met until I actually go back down and speak with front desk. And (not at a Disney Resort) when we do not do on-line check in, and check in in person, we've been upgraded in the past. Just looking for feedback on pros/cons. Or, if I do end up doing on-line check in, should I request being near elevators (we don't necessarily need to be near an elevator, but the hike seems long if you're not). How many "secret entrances" and stair cases are there for us to use if we are on a far wing? (We're not afraid of stairs, just hate the winding hallways if we can be outside). Just wondering what to request if we do on-line check in (high floor?) . We won't need to request daybed since there are 5 of us, and I assume every room has balcony. I know with SV, it's up in the air, so just trying to figure out. Thanks in advance!!

Given all of your concerns, I think you would be better off just checking in in person. It seems like you have had issues in the past, so go with what makes you comfortable and what works for you. We do do online checkin, but we have very few preferences and are generally happy where ever
Good Luck

Question for you experts - our BOG breakfast is pre-park opening. Is there a proper procedure for when you arrive at the MK? Is there a certain gate to enter through for ADRs? I hate the thought that I have to cut through people to get to the front ("honest, I'm not cutting the line") so any advice would be most appreciated!
When we had to be at MK early for the Keys to the Kingdom tour, the early reservation people were lining up on the left hand side of the area. Make sure you get to the bus stop early, at least an hour early. That pre-opening bus tends to be very full. We had to be at MK by 8am for our tour on a day that the park opened at 9am. We got to the Mk bus stop at the BC at 7:10am and had to wait about 20 minutes for a bus. When it arrived it was almost full. We were the last ones to squeeze on and we were just about sitting in the drivers lap. But the bus ride was only about 15 minutes long so we made it into the park in time. :)

There aren't any standard view rooms on the ground floor. Most of them are on the third and fourth floors. I would pick close to elevators. That will give you the shortest walk since you'll always have to take an elevator no matter where your room is located.

Today was ADR day and I had to share - DH & I refer to this as the "No Repeats Tour":

Dinner - Tutta Italia, 'Ohana, Via Napoli
Lunch - Sci Fi, Nine Dragons
Breakfast - Be Our Guest

We had too many ADRs on our last trip (10) so we cut it down. Plus, we plan on trying Flame Tree and Yorkshire for quick service AND it's Food & Wine while we are down there. I don't think we'll leave hungry.

As WoodNymph mentioned, there will be CMs with clipboards or iPads to the far left of the turnstiles. They will either ask for your name or reservation number (and in Feb. some just scanned our MBs) and will then direct you past those waiting for RD. There will be a dedicated entrance spot for those with early morning ADRs.

When we had to be at MK early for the Keys to the Kingdom tour, the early reservation people were lining up on the left hand side of the area. Make sure you get to the bus stop early, at least an hour early. That pre-opening bus tends to be very full. We had to be at MK by 8am for our tour on a day that the park opened at 9am. We got to the Mk bus stop at the BC at 7:10am and had to wait about 20 minutes for a bus. When it arrived it was almost full. We were the last ones to squeeze on and we were just about sitting in the drivers lap. But the bus ride was only about 15 minutes long so we made it into the park in time. :)

As WoodNymph mentioned, there will be CMs with clipboards or iPads to the far left of the turnstiles. They will either ask for your name or reservation number (and in Feb. some just scanned our MBs) and will then direct you past those waiting for RD. There will be a dedicated entrance spot for those with early morning ADRs.

Thank you both for the quick responses! I was planning to get to the bus stop by 7:00 and if DH grumbles, I will remind him that he can pay for a taxi but he still has to walk from the Contemporary!! :rolleyes:

Ok. Just finished 8 wonderful nights at the yacht club. We were in room 3100, a garden view room with a nice view of the quiet pool and tennis courts. We were

Yacht and beach are our favorite resorts, Hope this will help someone who is on the fence the push they need to stay here. It is truly the best on property.

Your pictures are absolutely gorgeous!!!

We're officially 30 days out to our first Beach Club stay (we've always done MK resorts)-- so excited! A couple of questions:

I am a little confused about how the boat transportation works. I've tried looking for maps and routes. Is the boat to Epcot on the same route as the boat to HS? Does it just go in a loop? If you are at the Yacht Club dock, how do you know if the boat is heading toward which park? I know it's quicker to walk to Epcot, but if my elderly parents come along, they will opt for the boat. I'm really hoping it's not a loop that would mean you may have to go first to HS if you're destination is Epcot. Can someone explain it to me?

Also, we'll only be taking Magical Express for our departure from BC heading to the airport. Does anyone know what the order of resort stops is going back to the airport? On our last trip, we stayed at the Contemporary, and the return trip was at least 1.5 hours making 4 resort stops. We're thinking about Uber-ing it to MCO if it's going to be anything close to that again.

Have a great trip! Looks like you got responses to your other q's....

Q for the board: What are other transportation options back to the airport? Reason I ask is because on our last trip, we boarded the bus and not even 10 minutes after we departed we found out our airplane was delayed quite a bit so we ended up spending 5 hours at the airport zzzzz I would have much rather been enjoying that extra time at the pool! I didn't like having to get to the airport so early so I'm wondering what other options would allow us more time at the resort. Thanks!!

Have a great trip! Looks like you got responses to your other q's....

Q for the board: What are other transportation options back to the airport? Reason I ask is because on our last trip, we boarded the bus and not even 10 minutes after we departed we found out our airplane was delayed quite a bit so we ended up spending 5 hours at the airport zzzzz I would have much rather been enjoying that extra time at the pool! I didn't like having to get to the airport so early so I'm wondering what other options would allow us more time at the resort. Thanks!!
You could always Uber or cab it.

Just this week we did a daily car rental from National. There is a desk in the lobby of the Dolphin. Super easy, and cheaper than Mears or a Town car for our family. You cannot use resort checkin though, and would need to transfer and check your own luggage. Husband uses Uber.

Transportation Alternatives to Tragical Depress

Tragical Depress.jpg

Q for the board: What are other transportation options back to the airport?

Reason I ask is because on our last trip, we boarded the bus and not even 10 minutes after we departed we found out our airplane was delayed quite a bit so we ended up spending 5 hours at the airport zzzzz I would have much rather been enjoying that extra time at the pool! I didn't like having to get to the airport so early so I'm wondering what other options would allow us more time at the resort. Thanks!!

You could always Uber or cab it.

Just this week we did a daily car rental from National. There is a desk in the lobby of the Dolphin. Super easy, and cheaper than Mears or a Town car for our family. You cannot use resort checkin though, and would need to transfer and check your own luggage. Husband uses Uber.

Private livery is also an option, although probably more expensive than the above suggestions.

Ed Korgan Travel is a service we have used for transportation between MCO and Universal and from Universal to Beach Club. I have also heard good things about Tiffany Town Car as well.

Last edited:
Beach Club Villas Floor Plans

BCVFloorPlan1.gif

BCV%20FloorPlan2.gif

BCV%20FloorPlan3.gif

BCV%20FloorPlan4.gif

BCV%20FloorPlan5.gif

Requests for BCV info:

I have never stayed at the villas and I am not very familiar with DVC properties. The two posts I have on Page 1 were inherited from others when I took over the thread and enhanced by viewers like you who have provided info and pictures.

If you are staying at BCV now, or soon, can you let us know where renovations are happening? Are parts of the 5th floor blocked off? 4th floor? Elsewhere?

Here are a few things I would like to add/include:

Pictures of Grills

Picture of Pool Table

Addition of pictures to the BCV View thread:
BCV Room Views

If there is anything else you think would be helpful for me to add to Post 10 BCV overview and Post 11 BCV Rooms, please let me know.

:goodvibes

Requests for BCV info:

I have never stayed at the villas and I am not very familiar with DVC properties. The two posts I have on Page 1 were inherited from others when I took over the thread and enhanced by viewers like you who have provided info and pictures.

If you are staying at BCV now, or soon, can you let us know where renovations are happening? Are parts of the 5th floor blocked off? 4th floor? Elsewhere?

Here are a few things I would like to add/include:

Pictures of Grills

Picture of Pool Table

Addition of pictures to the BCV View thread:
BCV Room Views

If there is anything else you think would be helpful for me to add to Post 10 BCV overview and Post 11 BCV Rooms, please let me know.

Here is the view from the villas. Room 416.

[GALLERY=][/GALLERY]

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    105.5 KB · Views: 25

We never use ME, we always rent a car from the airport. We get our luggage when we arrive at the airport. When its time to go home we always bring our luggage downstairs by valet at airport check in at YC/BC and let them take our luggage to the airport for us. This way we can spend the extra time at the pool or the parks without having to worry about luggage check in at the airport.

I guess what I'm saying is you don't have to use ME to have your luggage sent to the airport!

page 438

We cannot wait to return home to the YC in July! (July 23-31) We stayed there last year for the first time (same week) and fell in love with the place! My hubs gets to celebrate his birthday there again this year - jealous! :bday:

:welcome: back!!!

I'll add you to the Be Our Guest list.

:cool1:

Ok. Just finished 8 wonderful nights at the yacht club. We were in room 3100, a garden view room with a nice view of the quiet pool and tennis courts. We were basically in the middle of the yacht club wing. It was easy to enter and exit via the lobby, or any of three stair wells just a few steps in all directions.

*snip*

So glad to hear you had a great time.

Thank you so much for your detailed review and fantastic pictures! I haven't had a chance to look at the other pictures in your gallery.

Would you mind adding your view pictures and description to the YC View Thread? Or I can do it, with your permission. Since your pictures have a copyright, I don't want to use them without your ok.

:cool2:

Yes! It had two queens and a daybed. The daybed was very much like a standard twin size - larger than the twin murphy bed in the renovated studio at Boardwalk - which BCV Studio 105 was not. Neither was the BCV Studio 455, which was where my parents were.

Regarding BCV Views - 105 was a 1st floor room and the patio was looking towards the door into the Beach Club Marketplace. 455 was overlooking the quiet pool and you could see some of the Epcot fireworks that were above the tree line.

Thank you for the additional info!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!