Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions

Laundry room pictures remind me of all the VERY EARLY mornings I have spent there

Dee - since I know you are a very early riser like me I might text you to bring your coffee and come on down to the laundry room one morning! Feel free to bring any early riser friends. (I usually get there between 4:30 and 5!)

Wow, I don't get many date invites that sound as enticing as that!

:rotfl2:

However, I will have to pass because I already accepted a prior exciting invitation from another DISer in the early morning hours- I am going to have coffee out by the bus stop and monitor when (if) the early morning breakfast buses arrive.

True Story!

I know, you all envy my incredibly exciting lifestyle!

:laughing:

Last edited:
2016 Free Dining Bounceback

Thanks for the picture, Erika (TigrLuvsPooh)!

Thanks so much! For the first time that I can remember the BounceBack dates don't work for us!! It has always been from 8/20 on which was great on our end. I guess this seals the deal on an August trip not happening for us next year. My son will be starting college as well so was going to be a stretch to make it work. Oh well, maybe we hit the lottery by then :)

Jay

I love that you can use credit cards at the laundry now. I had the worst time at ASmu trying to use the wet dollars I had shoved in my swimsuit (no pockets). Now if they could set it up to be able to charge to magic bands I'd be overjoyed. ;)

~Cari~ pluto:

Has anyone recently stayed at POFQ? Wondering about the laundry room there. The thread isn't as detailed as ours is!!!

The BC has a second laundry room. It is the only laundry room I have ever used at the BC and it is the one that Erika was referring to as the "secret" laundry room. It is tucked away in a corner at the end of a hall near the Epcot end of the resort but I can't remember exactly where it is. :confused3

The YC also has a second laundry room that is located near the secret exit.

BC laundry: The small laundry is not accessible now during the first floor rehab. The only laundry that is up and running until the first floor rehab is done is the one in the building on the other side of the quiet pool.

Eyewitness Construction Reports: end of July 2015:

First Floor rehab TigrLvsPooh.jpg

Erika comments in her report about the access changes due to the work on the first floor rooms

The BC Secret Entrance/Exit is not currently available from the first floor hallways because of the current work. If you are on one of the upper floors, you can still get to the exit.

ETA: Another poster (drea21 ) has been told that you can't use the door by Room 1501 as an ENTRANCE to the resort at this time.

Also you can let people know that every entrance to the quiet pool area is closed due to construction/renovations at this time. So they'll need to take the main exit out the back of the lobby, walk down towards the lake and turn left like they're going to Epcot. Then enter the quiet pool area from behind the building where those bathrooms are. At this time there is no other way to get down there.

And for those asking about construction, It is currently in the back section of the first floor and you cannot even tell from the lobby.

Thanks for those alerts!!!

:goodvibes:

Last edited:
Actually the secret door is still available if you are using it from the second or third floors. You can still go in and out the door just can't access the hallways on the first floor.

Thanks for the clarification! I edited the post above.

:)

BC laundry: The small laundry is not accessible now during the first floor rehab. The only laundry that is up and running until the first floor rehab is done is the one in the building on the other side of the quiet pool.

Teena...do you think the entrance to the quiet pool and the secret entrance to Epcot will be accessible within a few weeks....ya know...say....by the 19th? :rolleyes1

By the way....2 WEEKS FROM TODAY we check in at the CR to begin our vacation! :rainbow:

Actually the secret door is still available if you are using it from the second or third floors. You can still go in and out the door just can't access the hallways on the first floor.
Do you know if the 1st floor hallway around the secret door will likely still be closed mid August? Some friends are going during that time, and I want to give them a head's up. Thank you!!! :)

Has anyone recently stayed at POFQ? Wondering about the laundry room there. The thread isn't as detailed as ours is!!!

I've never stayed at POFQ. However, another DISer who frequently posts on the Port Orleans threads (Andre) runs a Port Orleans fan site with tons of info about both POR and POFQ. Was able to find some info on the laundry rooms. Looks like as of April they've got new machines that take credit/debit only, and are connected to the internet so you can monitor your wash/dry cycles. http://www.portorleans.org/services.php

page 142-144

Is there any update on the progress of the room renovations at BC and over at BCV? Checking in a 2-Bedroom Villa on Oct. 24th!! Does the BC lobby look under construction? Or is the work mostly being done inside the rooms now?

Nothing in addition to what we have posted on Page 1 in the first post of this thread. Room renovations continue on the first floor and we don't have a start date for BCV

As far as we know, work on the BC lobby is not planned.

:)

Doing the 30 day happy dance!!!

Freaking out a bit when yesterday I found out the deluxe rooms no longer have a day bed they have a queen sleeper sofa (not happy about that).

I didn't know this. Where did you see the info?

:thumbsup2

Thank you for the room request tips! We will be there Nov 10-14. Hoping the weather is nice enough to swim. :)

Got it!

:cool1:

We are here!!! Arrived around 12/12:30 and room was ready. We booked a standard view, requested not first floor, full balcony & daybed and we had our requests met and have a GV room. We are by the Epcot entrance (can even see some WS roof tops from the room), but we have a stroller, so the steps won't always come in handy. And I have a box of Tastycake Chocolate Cupcakes waiting for Teena on Sunday (or Monday)! Hopefully my kids don't find where I hid them!!!! Now off to get my pedicure I couldn't fit in before we left.

Have a fabulous trip!

Glad to hear you got your room requests.

When you are back from your trip, could you give us a little review of you pedi. We often have people asking about the spa services

:goodvibes:

The time is finally here! My family will arrive tomorrow for our one night reservation at Pop and then we check in Saturday morning for our 7 nights at the Beach Club! This is our very first stay at BC. Now if only the weather will cooperate, it looks like rain almost every day! I want to spent afternoons at SAB!!!! Also I thought I would share a photo of my manicure I had done for my "Staycation" since I am a CM we are not permitted nailpolish like this but because I will have 9 days off I am taking a break from the "disney look"

Have a super trip!

:cheer2:

Hello all! I was planning a "budget" trip to WDW this fall but I couldn't stay away from my beloved BC&YC so I added a few nights at the beginning. So excited to see the BC room renovations in person, have a dole whip and turn another year older (ok, maybe not so excited about that, but birthdays at BC are the best, right?).

:welcome: back!

I'll pencil you in for the BC in Oct. Hope you make it happen!!!

:woohoo:

Secret Door access:

Teena...do you think the entrance to the quiet pool and the secret entrance to Epcot will be accessible within a few weeks....ya know...say....by the 19th? :rolleyes1

By the way....2 WEEKS FROM TODAY we check in at the CR to begin our vacation! :rainbow:

Do you know if the 1st floor hallway around the secret door will likely still be closed mid August? Some friends are going during that time, and I want to give them a head's up. Thank you!!! :)

Don't know. As soon as we hear that hallway has reopened we will let you know. I don't think we will get any advance word from Disney about when that will happen or when the work on those rooms will be finished.

As Teena pointed out, it is the first floor hallway that is closed, so you can still access the secret exit from other floors.

ETA: Another poster (drea21 ) has been told that you can't use the door near Room 1501 as an ENTRANCE into the resort.

Last edited:
Scottygirl: DD had Twins and Triplets on her soccer team. The triplets: one heading to Niagra, one heading to Denver, one heading to California. All playing soccer. The Twins are seniors this year but they commited already: one to Yale the other to Navy! I know how u must be feeling!!! Those parents are freaking out too!!!

I've got one whose going to be playing baseball!

If you mean do I think the first floor rehab will be done by August 19th ... no idea unfortunately. They are working like crazy and have been pretty much on schedule thus far. It's been a really good rehab!

If you mean do I think the first floor rehab will be done by August 19th ... no idea unfortunately. They are working like crazy and have been pretty much on schedule thus far. It's been a really good rehab!

Oh my gosh! The new rooms are absolutely beautiful from the pictures I have seen. I can not wait to sleep in one of them very shortly! Or, see you for that matter!:flower:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter