Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions

My YC stay was in garden view room 4223. Looking straight down, I saw roof and was going to complain that was not a garden, but looking straight out I had a nice view of the lake and boardwalk. Could also see parts of SAB. Really more partial water than garden IMO. Once those trees grow up it will be ruined though.

image.jpg

My YC stay was in garden view room 4223. Looking straight down, I saw roof and was going to complain that was not a garden, but looking straight out I had a nice view of the lake and boardwalk. Could also see parts of SAB. Really more partial water than garden IMO. Once those trees grow up it will be ruined though.

View attachment 112129

Bummer, that your garden view room, has so much rooftop, but a plus to have some water view!!

Last edited:

Was just reading a thread about the Yacht Club rooms really needing a refurb, and that they are really run down. Can anyone ease my mind about this? I would imagine it's just a few rooms that are run down, but I can't picture a "deluxe" resort having major issues. The original poster was mentioning, marker marks on the wall, peeling brass, and wallpaper???

Was just reading a thread about the Yacht Club rooms really needing a refurb, and that they are really run down. Can anyone ease my mind about this? I would imagine it's just a few rooms that are run down, but I can't picture a "deluxe" resort having major issues. The original poster was mentioning, marker marks on the wall, peeling brass, and wallpaper???
We were there in November and our room was perfect. No signs of wear and tear on the carpet or walls or furniture. I wish I could remember which room we were in. But no complaints from us :) So hopefully it's just the odd room here and there.

We were there in November and our room was perfect. No signs of wear and tear on the carpet or walls or furniture. I wish I could remember which room we were in. But no complaints from us :) So hopefully it's just the odd room here and there.

And we were there in October and our room was in great condition - no wear and tear that we could see.

:sunny:

And we were there in October and our room was in great condition - no wear and tear that we could see.

:sunny:

Thank you BOTH! You know how you get a thought in your head when you read something? That thread made my heart skip a beat. LOL

Yeah it made me worry a little too, even having just been there not long ago. I think it's probably because we know it's due for refurb soon. Sometimes too much information is dangerous :) It's unlikely they'll have finished much by our trip in November, so sadly I won't be able to see what the new rooms look like, although maybe that's a good thing because I really love the look of the rooms now. Looking forward to seeing pictures when someone gets them though!

SNIP
We switched to a Poly studio last night and the toilet was MASSIVE!

Oh my gosh, did anybody fall in while using this giant toilet? I am headed to the Poly in a couple of weeks with Rebecca and Nannette. I think I will wear my water wings just in case, every time I have to use the bathroom.

The three of you could have a tea party in that bathroom! One person can sit on the throne while the other two "ladies in waiting" can sit on the floor or play twister!

And for the first time, I am "relieved", not disappointed, that I will not be joining you on this part of the adventure.

:lmao:

page 122-125

Just want to say thanks to Catho72 and izzylovesmickey for the great live reports and especially for the descriptions of the unique tours. We appreciate you taking us along on your families journeys!

:goodvibes:

Thought you all might enjoy seeing this photo from when my WDW obsession started in 1974. (I am on the left)

That picture is way cute! Thanks for sharing!

:)

Here are some pictures from our recent BC stay - we were upgraded to a 1 bedroom suite - 3501 - and had an amazing stay!

Thank you so much for posting the pictures! Your daughter is adorable! I'm so happy you were sprinkled with Pixie Dust. pixiedust:

I'll add the pictures of the room to BC Deluxe Room thread- would you like me to blur out your daughter's face? Or are you ok with the pictures as is?

I would also love to use the closeup campfire picture on Page 1.

:cool1:

Ahhh nice picture! I sure do remember wearing those smock tops!!!

I know you have been posting and I think I welcomed you back, but I don't have you on the BOG list, so I will add you for Sept.

:welcome:

(Just in case)

:woohoo:

Hello! Been a while since I have checked in here. Lots going on in life.

Since we stayed at BCV in January and it was so cold and rainy and the slide was down for yearly repairs and didn't get to enjoy Stormalong Bay, I have us booked in a Lagoon/Pool view at YC from 09/13 - 09/16 before we head over to WL.

This was a surprise for DH who really really really wants to go down the slide.
And since he has been in Afghanistan since March and returns home on Aug 15 I thought he deserved that fun :)

:welcome: back and I would also like to add my thanks. I can only imagine how difficult it is for your family for your DH to be away.

I'm so happy to hear you have a wonderful welcome home trip planned.

I'll add you to the Be Our Guest list and wishing him lots of chances to slide!

Just put a deposit down to rent BC villa for DD 3's first trip to Disney. So excited. We have only stayed at Swan as a couple and I stayed at POR as a kid. I have always eyed the BC pool. Tell me what we must do at this resort with our DD especially since out of our six days only two will be at the parks!

When is your trip?

I haven't stayed in this area with a little one, but of course there is the sand bar area of Stormalong Bay that kids enjoy and there is a kiddie pool and small slide that some guests miss because it is behind (part of) the big slide.

Check out the activities on the monthly calendar (Page 1, Post 4) for some ideas of activities at the pool and resort. I remember seeing some coloring pages posted in the lobby on my last trip- picture of the day or something like that. Check out the campfire ('smores) on the beach and the nightly movie. Even if you aren't going into the park, there are places in the area where you can see some of the fireworks from EPCOT and if there are any from Hollywood studios. Pin trading with cast members (although this can get to be an expensive and time consuming habit for some) especially if your daughter refuses to trade the pins she has but wants new ones.

OK- who has some additional ideas???

:beach:

page 126-128

I could definitely handle touring like that. I would love skipping gates. Thanks for sharing!

Can't remember if you have posted here before, so :welcome: to this thread.

:)

I arrive at BCV on Monday for a very short (less than 24 hours) stay before switching hotels to volunteer for Geekycon. if anyone has any requests for pictures or information, let me know. I know someone wanted a picture of BCV lobby and someone wanted a picture of BCV studio fridge. Any other requests in the YC/BC/BCV area?

This is a resort only trip. I will just be hanging out, relaxing, so I should have time to check things out if asked.

Have a fantastic trip!

Okay you've already gotten good responses to this (Yup the first week of November.) but I wanted to add a few more options to entice you... :rolleyes1

My Mom & I are coming in on Oct 31st (1 night at BW) so that we can do the S&D's Food & Wine Classic on Sat, MNSSHP on Sunday, a week of F&W (staying at BCV), then off-property for a couple more days to hit the other things in Orlando (What? There are other things in Orlando!?!?!?! :D ), and doing MVMCP before flying home.

Also during that 1st full weekend of Nov are the F&W marathons. So timed right you could do 5 different events over 10+ days.

One thing to note is that even though the parties start on the 8th the resort decorations usually don't fully go up till after Veterans Day (Nov 11th). For example the Contemporary's Frozen gingerbread display was Nov 13th, GF the 23rd, & BC the 25th.

(BTW I'm not new to this board, just haven't been around for a couple years since my last BC stay in 2012.)

Rach

:welcome: back!

I don't have your birthday trip or your amazing F&W trip (that I may be copying...) on the Be Our Guest list. OK to add you?

Thanks for sharing your itinerary

:woohoo:

Is there anything I should request or think about while requesting for a standard room at BC? I read somewhere that not all the rooms have queen beds which would be disasterous! Do they all have the daybed too?

I think I want to be closer to EPCOT too. View - or do all standards come with the standard parking lot view? Higher floor or lower floor for less walking?

When is your trip?

As others have mentioned, the rooms have either 2 queen beds or 1 King. Some with day beds, some without. Some of the rooms at the BC used to have double beds, but as far as I know, those beds are all gone.

:cool1:

Hi all, I have been reading this thread as much at I can, and I am super excited for my first visit to the Yacht Club in September. The budget only allows for one night, but I am looking forward to relaxing at the pool and enjoying some yummy drinks! Thank you for this wonderful thread full of info!!

I'll add you onto the Be Our Guest list we keep on Page 1. Sounds like a nice plan for your resort day!

:thumbsup2

Thanks to everyone for all the great info here! First stay at BC 8/27-9/2, usually we are at CBR 2 times a year but got a great rate for BC through TA, standard room.

I'll add you to the Be Our Guest list.

Great time for a Beach Club visit.

:cool2:

@SwanVT2. High! My family will be enjoying Beach Club for the first time in 21 days. We have ADRs at Beaches and Cream (lunch) and Cape May (dinner buffet). Check out the character buffet breakfast at Cape May. We actually plan to leave the parks mid-day to enjoy Storm Along Bay (SAB), the first time in many trips to take midday breaks. Besides the Marketplace, Bars for Sunken Treasures, No Way Jose from Beaches and Cream, and bringing chocolate and graham crackers for the toasted marshmallows by the nightly campfires- we are also planning on hand painting a ceramic of choice on Wednesday at Sandcastle Club. I'm still debating renting a water vehicle (DD14 wants to do this even though she has only driven a bicycle) and perhaps renting a bicycle cart/trolley. You could consider miniature golf which is within walking distance or by boat near Swan/Dolphin.

Seriously, the CL food picks were very mouth watering! I'm still not going to plan on not being in the parks at the hours CL provides these offerings though. We'll see how we like leaving the park midday for the pool first on this trip.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter