Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions

IMG_2087.JPG IMG_2086.JPG

Here are a few pictures from our stay at YC CL last week. We had room 5225 which is waterview. I didn't make any requests; when we arrived at about 10 am, our assigned room wasn't ready, but the CM was able to move us to this one which was ready. It is in the far hall from the lounge, about 1/2 way down. We usually don't mind the the walk down there, but as we get older, it is a little harder. Might actually request closer to lounge nextime. This room is over the dreaded "roof" but that doesn't bother me at all. If you are sitting or if you look straight out, you see the lake & Boardwalk, pool to the left & lighthouse to the right.

The room had 2 queens, tub & shower & chairs only, no sofa. There was the 1 club chair & 2 desk chairs. Kind of a strange combination I thought. The chairs are vinyl, not cloth. I did not find the blue chair comfortable at all. In the old rooms, I enjoyed sitting in the chair with my feet up on the footstool. The one time I tried to relax in this chair, I brought one of the desk chairs over to put my legs up on. Still not comfortable, you just slip around on the vinyl. Mostly I just climbed up on the extra bed to relax on. Another thing to point out about the room, there is no box spring on the bed. The mattress sits on the bed frame directly, sort of on a platform. And the mattress does slip around a bit on the platform, not a lot but a few inches. Just watch out for your shins as you get in if the mattress has slipped away from you!

And again, I found the bed a bit high. I am 5'2 & had to "lift up" to get into the bed. I think it will be a bit high for a small child getting in & out of bed alone. The room wasn't completely dark at night because of the small nightlights by the sink vanity & the light coming in around the curtain. I prefer it pretty dark & this was fine, dark enough to sleep well but a little light so I didn't kill myself in the dark at night. I love the curtains with the hidden Disney touches!! I would totally find a window to use them in at home if I could purchase them.

I love the pocket door in the bathroom & the barn door in front of the vanity area. I closed it just when I was blow drying my hair so DH could still hear the tv without blasting the volume. :rotfl2:

The floors? I'm "ehh" about them. They look pretty, but, no, they are not fresh swept every day, the little fuzzies from our socks were still there for a few days. And the floor along the baseboards looked kind of dusty when we checked in. I know, carpets are no cleaner. Just personal preference which 1 you are grossed out by more! ;) I did notice that without the carpet, there is quite a bit of space seen under the door to the hall. Not a big deal except now you hear everything said in the hall. One morning I heard voices that sounded like they were inside our room as I was waking up. Looked out the peephole & saw 2 housekeepers standing across hall from our room talking in normal quiet voices, not loud at all. Just the sound bouncing under the door onto those hard floors & echoing into the room.

This room 5225 does not have a connecting door either. Forgot to mention that but I know that is important to some people. After hearing the noise from the hall, I was glad there was no noise from a connecting room too!

IMG_2158.JPG IMG_2161.JPG

Last edited:
Have you thought about Uber? I was skeptical about it but my 20-something kids use it all the time. Last week, we stayed at POR and used it for our resort to resort trips. It was so quick, easy, efficient and inexpensive that I will never use a taxi or Disney transport again for those types of trips. We always use busses/boats to the parks, but resort-resort can be time-consuming. We used Uber 7 times, and spent a grand total of $50, including tips. In the past, we had used taxi service from BC to the Poly or CR and spent about $18-20 for a taxi with tip. BC to CR will probably cost you between 6-8 dollars, depending on the time of day. it is door-to-door service, and all of our drivers were friendly and excellent. There were lots of people using it, and as a matter of fact, we used Uber from the BC to POR and there were at least 2 other families with cars that showed up at the same time.

If time is an issue, I would highly suggest it.

If Uber isn't for you, I would do the bus to MK then just walk to the CR. BUT, I also love walking through Epcot, so if you have the time and isn't 100 degrees, that would be nice, too!

I have heard great things about the California Grill brunch, have fun!

OT! About Uber...I'm super skeptical about it in a general sense. How can you ensure that the driver is qualified and not a serial killer or anything? I'm usually not skeptical about other people but this makes me weirded out.

More random thoughts: there is still a line in the tub area for hanging clothes to dry. Don't know if that has been mentioned before. The closet is great! Found a place for everything easily. And I did use the ironing board & iron twice. It was great to just slide the board in & out & not mess with setting it up & taking it down.

The room always felt cool enough, no problems with the air conditioning at all. I did notice you can't set the thermostat below 68 tho. That was fine for us, but some people may think that is too warm.

Careful with the safe.... the one time my DH locked it, he obviously didn't punch in the code we had decided on. Except he insisted he did. We couldn't open it. After 3 tries, it times out for about 15 minutes. Still didn't work, down to CM desk to ask for assistance. A manager had to come with a master key to open it. And I made sure to lock it myself after that, lol! It really isn't easy to mess up: you put in 4 numbers which show up & you can see before you hit the lock button. Then the 4 numbers display again after that too. But I guess if you're just not paying attention to what you're doing.........;) The safe was large enough to hold 2 tablets, iPod with headphones, couple of extra magic bands, small jewelry box & still have lots of extra space. Even when we added our wallets & phones when we went to the pool, there was still plenty of extra room.

I am wondering if some of the reasons behind the decor changes is bed bug prevention. As I sat on the vinyl chairs, I thought how easy it must be to just wipe stuff down & how much easier it will be to identify & treat the room if any bugs are found. Only the mattress to discard if needed, no box spring to worry about too. No carpet to hide bugs. Maybe I'm wrong, but just my thought.

We also got our Dasani water bottle replaced, a nice bonus for those of us who can't take the Florida tap water. The larger size toiletries are perfect. My DH uses the bar soap so the large shower gel was just the right size for me for the week.

We returned to our room about 3pm on Wednesday & the room hadn't been cleaned yet. That was not typical tho. We just put the do not disturb sign out & skipped housekeeping that day. There are 4 big towels in the bathroom plus 2 more by the sink area, 4 hand towels & about 6 washcloths, so we had plenty of towels to get us thru the day. I noticed they were much better about picking up the dirty plates from the hallway then they have been in the past. Looked like they might make sweeps twice a day at least which is much better than in years past.

We saw several management types around the lounge area, chatting & offering beverage refills etc. The food offerings in the club lounge have significantly improved, a welcome change!! I did post about the daily offerings in the club level thread. Basically breakfast they have added 2 cold meats & cheese plus more variety of bagels, breads & pastries. Afternoon has added some crudités to the snacks. And the evening offerings have improved & added new variety. For years it was some fried pastry type thing like quesilldas. Now they had an actual meat several times. Always 4 cold salads & 2 hot foods plus several cheeses, crudités & pb&j shooters withrolls. Everything was replaced as it ran low. I never saw empty serving plates. I was also happy to see the desserts improve too. Not much variety day to day, but many more items offered. Everyday had 3 types of cookies, 3 or 4 different mini cupcakes, a creme brûlée or panna cota mini cup, Rice Krispies treats, brownies, a bar type treat like vanilla chocolate Oreo moouse & a s'mores moouse that I found irresistible! Let me know if anyone wants more specifics on the food. We don't drink, so I have no info on the adult beverages, sorry!

We rarely heard any construction noise. Only an occasional banging, not loud enough to bother us tho. However, I don't think they were working in the wing our room was in. We saw a workers in the rooms & on the balconies over the back entrance area several days. Didn't hear any noise at a StormAlong Bay either. The boats to Disney Studios were fairly full most times we went there. We had pretty good luck with buses to MK. We seemed to have only a few minutes to wait as we got to the bus stop.

All the cast members we came across were friendly & helpful. There were some faces we recognized but lots of new people too.

Sorry I rambled on! All in all, another great trip but it's always nice to be home! :goodvibes

Last edited:

Hello!
Headed back to the Beach Club next weekend for Memorial Day.
We have a standard room booked. Does anyone have a room number that was standard and some how had a nice view? lol. I'm heading into Touring Plans to play around with room views.

@focusondisney - Great reviews and pictures! Thanks for taking the time to post!

@JoeyEmmaMomma - I found Touring Plans rather useless in terms of standard rooms. o_O We stayed in standard room 4652, and it is above the port cochére. It was very loud early in the morning (like 5-6 a.m. early). I finally figured out that they were likely unloading luggage from airline cages, as it sounded like heavy objects rolling across metal rollers or something similar. So, if you are a light sleeper, I recommend you try to avoid any standard rooms over the entrance.

OT! About Uber...I'm super skeptical about it in a general sense. How can you ensure that the driver is qualified and not a serial killer or anything? I'm usually not skeptical about other people but this makes me weirded out.

Uber.jpg

I think that drivers associated with Uber are supposed to be screened by the company. Since you are using an app that is operated by Uber and acts a go-between for the customer and the driver, you will be given information (driver name, car type) of your vehicle, so you know it is not a random person stopping to get you into their car.

Drivers (and customers) are also rated after each ride, so there is supposedly a way to tell if the driver you are hiring has positive feedback.

That being said, there certainly have been some dicey stories in the news and I have been the passenger in an Uber with my friends where we did not have confidence in our driver's skills.

:car:

@Simba's Girl - To add to the above, who knows how many thousands of Disney Guests have utilized Uber over the past few years, and I can't recall a single criminal issue making headlines- as I'm sure it would.

But the good news for you and many others who have concerns about Uber - either safety or ethical - is that Disney is going to launch their own Uber-like service in the near future. They are already hiring for the driver positions - internal applicants only with a (IIRC) at least three years of service.

@focusondisney - Great reviews and pictures! Thanks for taking the time to post!

@JoeyEmmaMomma - I found Touring Plans rather useless in terms of standard rooms. o_O We stayed in standard room 4652, and it is above the port cochére. It was very loud early in the morning (like 5-6 a.m. early). I finally figured out that they were likely unloading luggage from airline cages, as it sounded like heavy objects rolling across metal rollers or something similar. So, if you are a light sleeper, I recommend you try to avoid any standard rooms over the entrance.

lol, thanks!
I usually find TP helpful at some of the other resorts we frequent, but maybe it's just that a nice standard view doesn't exist! :)
I full balcony for my kids to step out on to, and a quiet room would be nice too I suppose!

lol, thanks!
I usually find TP helpful at some of the other resorts we frequent, but maybe it's just that a nice standard view doesn't exist! :)
I full balcony for my kids to step out on to, and a quiet room would be nice too I suppose!

I found there were only three standard view rooms that showed up, no matter when I checked...

Thanks so much focusondisney for the great report! I'm feeling much better about our upcoming July YC CL stay!

Well I was unsure at first but finally decided. Unless a massive discount comes out (unlikely at this time) we chose to move my party over to the Cabins at Fort Wilderness. The deciding factor is that you have your own space so we can stay up late and not be worried about waking the neighbors and also a bed for everyone. I love the yacht club and will return but this was the right choice for this trip. Now to call about a golf cart rental.

@Simba's Girl - To add to the above, who knows how many thousands of Disney Guests have utilized Uber over the past few years, and I can't recall a single criminal issue making headlines- as I'm sure it would.

But the good news for you and many others who have concerns about Uber - either safety or ethical - is that Disney is going to launch their own Uber-like service in the near future. They are already hiring for the driver positions - internal applicants only with a (IIRC) at least three years of service.
NOOOO!!! I can already see how that's gonna go: Uber & Lyft will be cut out of WDW (again? I know there were issues when they first started) & prices will double in a year. Great add on for those with big budgets probably: for $50... who am I kidding?... $100/day have access to Disney Uber to take you wherever/whenever! :furious:

I have at so many pages to catch up on but I'm very excited and had to share- Cat's outta the bag! My F&W trip is a surprise gift for my parents for Mother's Day and (early) Father's Day and it went over great! (Shocking, I know, but I kept thinking of reasons they might not want it & I was working myself into a ridiculous tizzy!) No one else in my fam has been to WDW, but we're DL vets.

Dad: "Disney WORLD?" That took a moment to sink in. "What's the Beach Hotel?..."
Mom: "Food and Wine. Epcot." As it sunk in is she was all smiles, carefully reading the details in the brochure WDW sent about our trip (SO glad they sent that out now)
Sister: practically cried she was so excited (she got the gift by default!)

We are one very excited family!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter