Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions

We are at the YC there May 9-16th. Wasn't giving the construction a second thought until your review...4th I've read discussing HORRIBLE noise. You were on the 4th floor so was the construction below you on 3 or near you on 4?

Thanks

Tee hee! We are at YC as well May 9-16. I am getting sooooo excited.
That said, I too hope noise is at a minimum. We are staying club level, that the fifth floor, so I'm thinking the noise will be null. But I can't say it doesn't concern me a little.

We are at the YC there May 9-16th. Wasn't giving the construction a second thought until your review...4th I've read discussing HORRIBLE noise. You were on the 4th floor so was the construction below you on 3 or near you on 4?

Thanks
The construction is finished on the 4th and 5th floors. They started work on the 3rd floor about three weeks ago. I think each floor has been taking about six weeks, or so, to complete.

Question about the YC construction. I'm starting to get nervous about our trip even though it isn't for 3 months. Does anyone know the schedule/timeline? If the above is correct and about 6 weeks per floor and right now they are on 3, does that mean the lobby will be a mess when we get there? Will it affect the pool or yachtsman steakhouse?

We are club level so I was hoping it would be far away and maybe winding down. But now I'm a bit concerned

The construction is finished on the 4th and 5th floors. They started work on the 3rd floor about three weeks ago. I think each floor has been taking about six weeks, or so, to complete.

Sounding like we might miss the room construction with our trip being in the beginning of September!

So I did some research on BC rooms etc... I am now concerned. Under room requests there is " 2 queens".. If we are 4 people is it correct to assume that there are 2 queen beds?? what would be the other option for 4 people?? I am sure they won't give us a King?? or is that for 2 people who want separarte beds??

Just got back from a one night stay at YC. We came to see wishes for one last time and also F&G. We were booked in a standard view room, didn't get a text or email so around 1:00 we headed to the front desk to ask about our room. We were told our room wasn't ready yet but the CM said she could find us a room that was ready. We were giving a room on the 4th floor, returned, and with a water view, over SAB. We have stayed at YC quite a few times and our thoughts. The location was awesome, except if it was June-August and the hotel was full, the noise from the pool would have been very loud. The construction below us continued past 6:30, we returned back to our room around 4:00 to take a nap so we could go to MK EMH until midnight, yes we need naps. The noise was so loud we finally left our room around 6:30. The noise started up again around 8:00 am. The new rooms are nice, like the floor and love the bathroom. There is a lot of drawer space and the closet is more efficient use of the space. If we were staying longer we would have mentioned the noise but since it was just one night and were upgraded we decided not to say anything. We love the YC and will be back when construction is done.

Thanks for sharing the info about your room. Sorry to hear about the construction disruption. I'm bothered to hear this reported a couple of times recently.

Could you give us some details about the bedding in the room- 2 Queens or King bed? Daybed or no? Tub or Walk-in shower only.

Bonus points if you provide the room number.

:goodvibes

Are
That's too bad that they didn't include BC or YC for your dates. :(
Are you getting a villa or a studio at OKW?
We have booked the villa. All dates from April to November were included but numbers were limited by free dining. Once the quota was reached that was it. we don't get a room only offer so can't book any other rooms now that the free dining quota is used up.

My family really enjoyed OKW when we stayed there. It is a great retreat from the busy days at the parks - so nice and peaceful! My DH really liked taking the boat to downtown Disney for dinners as well.
We loved the boat the times we stayed at FQ and Riverside. I've got to admit it's the washer and dryer in the villa that has me most excited

So I did some research on BC rooms etc... I am now concerned. Under room requests there is " 2 queens".. If we are 4 people is it correct to assume that there are 2 queen beds?? what would be the other option for 4 people?? I am sure they won't give us a King?? or is that for 2 people who want separarte beds??

THe should not give you a King as that would be a gross undersight as a King bed is meant for 3 tops (2 adults and a child or 3 adults with a roll away).

Oh, I am terrified of the noise!! I have a 2 year old who is beastly without sleep. I just called to see if BC had anything, but obviously they did not, as we check in 5/10. The CM tried to tell me they were done with room refurbs- LOL. She did call the resort and asked that we get the quietest rooms available (we have two). Likely we will end up in an old room, but sleeping in an old room seems preferable to being miserable in a new one.

I was there from 4/18-22/17 on the 5th floor, traveling with my two sisters. It was my understanding that at that point, they were working on the 3rd floor but I can't confirm that. We didn't have any power outages or anything like that, but we had a phone message on two days during our stay that we may lose water from 12-3pm. We weren't really in the room at that time, so I don't know whether we lost water or not? There were times that I could hear a little of the construction noise, but I wasn't in the room too much during the day - mostly to change or something. One of my sisters did hang back one day to do some work, and she said the construction noise was distracting at times. Overall, we had a wonderful stay and didn't feel too inconvenienced by the refurb, although we didn't need to worry about napping children or anything (just one napping adult one day!). Some days the room was serviced rather late, which at times was a bit of an inconvenience, but my guess is mousekeeping was working on early checkins, and it wasn't a big deal. We took turns on the daybed and we all thought it was quite comfortable!

Last edited:
I was reading some reviews and many stated 2 full size beds... Can anyone confirm if the bed sizes are full or queen?. I am assuming these may be europeans where full/double is used interchangably.. But I need to know that these are Queen size USA standards sizes.... I cannot see BC having fullsize beds???????

We stayed last year in a garden view was a great room. 2 queens and a daybed.. I am just now learning that for example.. day beds are not in every room.. My mom loved that couch.. she would take day breaks in the room and read,, that couch was awesome.

We booked a package through Disney last June, (so others might have received something different since then) and we received the Incredibles booklet.
Booked trip for October thru Disney and received booklet but no incredible on it.

I was reading some reviews and many stated 2 full size beds... Can anyone confirm if the bed sizes are full or queen?. I am assuming these may be europeans where full/double is used interchangably.. But I need to know that these are Queen size USA standards sizes.... I cannot see BC having fullsize beds???????

We stayed last year in a garden view was a great room. 2 queens and a daybed.. I am just now learning that for example.. day beds are not in every room.. My mom loved that couch.. she would take day breaks in the room and read,, that couch was awesome.

I certainly hope not! We booked our room specifically for two queen beds. I haven't been to BC yet so I can't say, but have reservations in a month.

My standard view stay was 2 queen size beds with no pull down couch on Easter week. We had more then enough space and only a small balcony. Room never felt cramped. All deluxes only have Queen or King beds.

Thanks for sharing the info about your room. Sorry to hear about the construction disruption. I'm bothered to hear this reported a couple of times recently.

Could you give us some details about the bedding in the room- 2 Queens or King bed? Daybed or no? Tub or Walk-in shower only.

Bonus points if you provide the room number.

:goodvibes

We were in room 4205, 2 queen beds, no daybed. It had a tub with 2 shower heads, a rain shower head and a movable hand held shower head. There was a kuerig and beverage fridge. It was a long walk from the elevators.

The construction was below us and we received a notice I. The room that stated the hours were 9-5. As I said before, if we were there for longer than one night we would have complained.

BC will have a king bed or two queen beds. Not full size.

On edit, here's the description from the Disney website of the BC garden view rooms, which seems to envision rooms with 1 queen bed and something smaller like a day bed.

"2 Queen Beds and 1 Day Bed or 1 Queen Bed and 1 Twin-Size Sleeper Chair and 1 Day Bed or 2 Queen Beds or 1 King Bed and 1 Day Bed or 1 King Bed."

We loved the boat the times we stayed at FQ and Riverside. I've got to admit it's the washer and dryer in the villa that has me most excited

yes! the washer/dryer factor! Not that I'm a fan of doing laundry on vacation- BUT less face it - when your DH thinks a 6 day vacation only requires 2 pairs of socks and 3 pairs of underwear (yes that is what he packs) then you are going to be doing laundry no matter what anyway. This is going to be our first time in a regular room as we usually book a one bedroom DVC room and can't stress enough how great it was having a washer and dryer right in the room! So easy to throw in a load of laundry when DS is taking a nap.. But thank you for mentioning this - you just reminded me to go look on a map to find out where the laundry room is...:laundy:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter