Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions

Thanks for the info! I am so sad to see that is your view. I know that you love to see the gazebo and that you suggest it to anyone who ever asks about YC garden views
Taking one for the team. I know someone has to have this room so others can get the good viws Since it was only two nights we put up with it.

Going to miss this guy in the new room this December

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    120 KB · Views: 52
Not sure if this has been posted yet. Newly renovated Yacht Club rooms. I love the look, although I'm not sure I understand the We the People pillow in terms of the resort theme. I have no issue with a pillow that says We the People, I'm just not sure how that fits with the Yacht Club nautical theme.

http://allears.net/acc/g_yc.htm?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

VP

Does anyone know if they are working on the whole 5th floor (CL) rooms now, or is just certain wings. Anyone have a YC CL reservation now or in Feb. I know one of our posters was moved to BC CL recently.
Not all wings surrounding the wedding gazebo are five stories high. The wing facing toward EPCOT and toward the lake are four stories. I believe that this condition also exists at other areas of both YC and BC. So, if working by wing, just around gazebo, would be smaller area if just that view and 5th floor being worked on.

Last edited:

I don't believe the renovations will impact the structure of the YC, just the rooms and hallways themselves. A structural renovation would be a major undertaking. The balcony count should remain intact. I could be wrong though!

That is correct, this is an interior renovation only.

Has anyone been able to book Captain's Grille. I think they must not be taking summer ADRs due to renovations.

Has anyone been able to book Captain's Grille. I think they must not be taking summer ADRs due to renovations.
Just had lunch there today on an ADR but you may not be having the same experience for later on due to the planned (announced) renovations
Katesdadm

Got my reply from Disney Signature Services (the replacement for the resort-specific IPOs)! It was a VERY enthusiastic email, and YES they can help me with ADRs. :) Many explanation marks throughout. LOL. So pleased to have that contact made! For anyone who has an upcoming CL stay and hasn't yet heard from them, the email is Disney.Signature.Services@disneyworld.com or 407-939-7777. Hope that helps!

Just had lunch there today on an ADR but you may not be having the same experience for later on due to the planned (announced) renovations
Katesdadm

Did they say when the renovation is to begin? I couldn't book anything the week of my trip in July, for any meal.

We are staying at the BC April 23 - 29 and can't wait. :yay: We've been to WDW many times, but it will be our first time staying at BC. So, help me get excited -- what are your FAVORITE things about staying at BC/YC???

Everything!! We stayed at the YC last year and loved every minute. Being walking distance to Epcot was amazing. We had great bus service and never waited more than 10 minutes for a bus. The staff was amazing - so friendly and accommodating. My girls loved being called "princess" by everyone. We loved SAB - even though we were there during the summer it never seemed crowded and we always found loungers. Also had good food experiences - Captain's Grille, B&C, Cape May breakfast (doing Yachtsman next time!). We're going again next year and were toying with the idea of Poly or GF - but every time we talk about it we all come back to the YC. I don't think we'll ever stay anywhere else!

i asked a couple of the employees about the CG remodeling and either they were told they can't talk about it or they truly did not know. Seems the Disney employees are pretty tight lipped about all this work that is going on. I did have an ecellent exchange of ideas with a Fittness and Fairings employee who was as unhappy about the reduced merchandising space as I was. But even they were not sure what the final outcome was going to be once the remodeling is completed. Last year at my 180 day mark I was not able to book an ADR for the CG but then it opened up a few weeks later. I recommend to just keep trying if your July dates aren't showing right now.
Katesdad

page 773-774

Taking one for the team. I know someone has to have this room so others can get the good viws Since it was only two nights we put up with it.

Going to miss this guy in the new room this December

I'm still mourning the loss of the Mickey Lifeguard lamps from the beach club, but it will be sad to see these YC lamps go too. And of course that is following the loss of the infamous BC hallway fish lamp. Why must the lamps suffer?!?

:(

Could you share your room number with that garden view?

:thumbsup2

Not sure if this has been posted yet. Newly renovated Yacht Club rooms. I love the look, although I'm not sure I understand the We the People pillow in terms of the resort theme. I have no issue with a pillow that says We the People, I'm just not sure how that fits with the Yacht Club nautical theme.

http://allears.net/acc/g_yc.htm?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

VP

Thanks for sharing that link!

I believe the design is still a work in progress. It will be interesting to see what says and what goes.

::yes::

Got my reply from Disney Signature Services (the replacement for the resort-specific IPOs)! It was a VERY enthusiastic email, and YES they can help me with ADRs. :) Many explanation marks throughout. LOL. So pleased to have that contact made! For anyone who has an upcoming CL stay and hasn't yet heard from them, the email is Disney.Signature.Services@disneyworld.com or 407-939-7777. Hope that helps!

Thank you so much for letting us know!

I am really glad to hear that, but does that mean I'm fired?

I'll add the new contact info to Page 1, Post 12.

@MickeyT Look- no space in the email address!

page 773-774

I'm still mourning the loss of the Mickey Lifeguard lamps from the beach club, but it will be sad to see these YC lamps go too. And of course that is following the loss of the infamous BC hallway fish lamp. Why must the lamps suffer?!?

Could you share your room number with that garden view?

Thanks for sharing that link!

I believe the design is still a work in progress. It will be interesting to see what says and what goes.

::yes::

Thank you so much for letting us know!

I am really glad to hear that, but does that mean I'm fired?

I'll add the new contact info to Page 1, Post 12.

@MickeyT Look- no space in the email address!

Agree about the lamps, especially the fish one on the way to the BC secret entrance!

Laid off sounds better than fired. LOL. I am still considering doing my own for the "must have" or difficult ADRs. DD has mentioned CRT because we have never been, for instance, but I HAVE to get BOG lunch. I just need the full August hours released and then I'll make my plan!

i asked a couple of the employees about the CG remodeling and either they were told they can't talk about it or they truly did not know. Seems the Disney employees are pretty tight lipped about all this work that is going on. I did have an ecellent exchange of ideas with a Fittness and Fairings employee who was as unhappy about the reduced merchandising space as I was. But even they were not sure what the final outcome was going to be once the remodeling is completed. Last year at my 180 day mark I was not able to book an ADR for the CG but then it opened up a few weeks later. I recommend to just keep trying if your July dates aren't showing right now.
Katesdad

Have an upcoming YC stay this summer and my family LOVES YC more than BC but we miss having the mug station closeby. Do we know that for sure Fittings and Fairings will have that after the construction? So excited and thanks for the info! Enjoy your trip!

I'm still mourning the loss of the Mickey Lifeguard lamps from the beach club, but it will be sad to see these YC lamps go too. And of course that is following the loss of the infamous BC hallway fish lamp. Why must the lamps suffer?!? !
Room 1097, right next to the electric room rightat the corner of the hall.

page 773-774

Well... perhaps if they hadn't misbehaved...

Pixar_logo_College_humor.jpg

Agree about the lamps, especially the fish one on the way to the BC secret entrance!

I have spent at least an hour roaming the hallways of the Beach Club (and to a lessor extent the Yacht Club) LOOKING for that lamp!

I miss you fish lamp! You always told me when to turn in the maze like lair of Beach Club hallways. When I saw you I knew I was on the right path. Maybe that's why I have spent hours in the hallways lost and looking for you, well that and all those signs I needed to put up asking if people could keep a secret and if they emptied the lint trap when they used the hotel's dryers.

5941168597_ce09db4fe5_z.jpg

~NM
PS. Some people think I make this stuff up but others of us know better...

I wanted to let everyone know that WREC Liquidators had a Facebook post saying they have Yacht Club furniture in right now. I know they are located in Somerset Kentucky, not sure if they ship. I tried posting a screen shot of the post but I keep getting an error message.

Have an upcoming YC stay this summer and my family LOVES YC more than BC but we miss having the mug station closeby. Do we know that for sure Fittings and Fairings will have that after the construction? So excited and thanks for the info! Enjoy your trip!
100% sure if construction and store employees weren't just giving me a story line.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter