Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions

I am not sure if this information is already known by everyone on this board, but I thought I would mention it just in case it is not. We finally did pick a pearl at the Japan pavilion in Epcot on the last night we were there. It was really fun and my daughter loved learning how to count in Japanese! Well since it was so late and my toddler was melting down we didn't have time to look and have the pearl set into anything. I figured I'd do something with it when I arrived home. Since we were departing the next day our plan was EP in the morning (before the world showcase opened), beaches and cream for lunch, and then a last swim in stormalong bay! While we were walking over to the big slide I saw the Pearl Factory and thought what the heck. I went over and mentioned how we did the pick a pearl the night before in Japan and if they could set it in a ring. They were more than happy too! So now I have a memory of the pearl in EP and it was set in a ring at the Beach club while I floated in the pool!

Thanks for posting this!

I was actually wondering this weekend as I was scrolling through pictures on Page 1 if the Pick-A-Pearl stand was still open at the resort. I have pictures of that and the Hair Wrapping Place. I don't know how much traffic they get, so it is good to hear they were able to help you out.

I think I am going to do the Pick-A-Pearl ceremony in Japan during my trip in October to celebrate our 30th Wedding Anniversary- which is "Pearl". It will probably end up in my jewelry case with the 2 pearls I picked at Sea World in the 80's and never had set into jewelry. Oh, well.

Anyone know the significance of a Petrified Tree for the 31st wedding anniversary? (Go West)

::yes::

Just returned from a very quick visit to the YC, booked as a magical standard view room.

The Magical Express was super quick - arrived at YC one hour after touchdown. Two stops before YC... only CBR and BWI - no BC!

As MDE indicated about four days prior to check-in date, I was upgraded to a garden/woods view room; the room type was listed as GdWds WChrAcc RollIn OptHr 2Q. Since there was no room text by the time I arrived at the resort, I stopped at the desk. The CM said my assigned room was indeed the type listed in MDE, with the only difference from a standard room being the roll-in shower and no tub. The room text for #2147 arrived about 2:50 p.m. - about three hours after arrival.

The location was great - literally 15 steps from the elevators and just a few more to the main staircase leading to the lobby. The balcony overlooked the courtyard, with a small view of the lake, if turning toward the right. Facing toward EPCOT, the high fireworks could be seen and music heard from the balcony. Also being heard from the balcony was quite a bit of noise from SAB, which was concealed behind the trees. I think the noise level varies, depending on the wind direction.

As someone else mentioned, the door at this room type is on a timer and takes approximately 30 seconds to close; so, you need to stand in front of the door, waiting for the door to close. There is a wall-mounted door actuator (similar to what you typically might see when entering a store, for handicapped access), which was located just past the closet. As I found out, just an accidental bump against it will open the door for 30 seconds, with no regard for what state of dress or undress you may be in. :eek:

The room condition was fairly good - a few cracked floor tiles in the shower and small crack in a sink were the worst defects I noticed. A light switch, located near the door to the connecting room, was marked "desk lamp," but did not operate the lamp...until I pulled the lamp's plug and inserted it into the lower part of the outlet, instead of the upper, where it originally was plugged in. Also an issue was the way the bedside lighting was wired - the wall switch next to the right bed operated the far right wall-mounted sconce on the right side for each bed, while the other switch operated the left light for each bed. Another strange room feature was the location of the full length mirror - directly opposite the toilet and immediately next to the shower. Ugh! I did not understand why the mirror was not located on just the other side of the wall in the hallway - there was plenty of room.

The room had two queen beds, but no daybed, no lounge chair. The double sinks were located in the same room as toilet and shower, all behind a pocket door. There is limited counter space at the sink area.

Due to heavy continuous rain on Sunday evening, all of the resort restaurants were packed - no seating available without a reservation. Crews Cup Lounge had a line going out the door. A walk over to Ale and Compass showed a packed lounge and long line at the bar, with people placing orders. Kudos to Robin for handling the crowds with such calm. There is a very limited menu selection for food - but, the same great burger from Crews Cup was available at Ale and Compass. It was then that I was able to confirm that carry-out was available, so burger and fries it was, and everything was delicious!

Sorry for long report; here are some photos from visit...maybe more to follow.

YC  2147 view toward courtyard.JPG YC 2147 facing courtyard and lake.JPG YC 2147 facing full balcony.JPG YC 2147 interior.JPG YC2147 view toward back entrance.JPG YC 2147 bathroom_sink area.JPG YC 2147_roll-in shower_shower spray.JPG YC 2147 shower+mirror.JPG YC 2147 shower_visible alarm.JPG YC 2147 shower_folding seat.JPG

Last edited:
VGM!!!

VERY GOOD MINION!

Thank you so much for these excellent pictures.

May I use them? I would like to link this post to Page 1 for the renovated 1BR. I want to add the room pictures and description to the BCV Room View/Description thread. And I need some updated lobby/public space pictures for the BCV Post 10 on Page 1.

Thanks, again!

:banana::banana::banana:

Yes of course, use what you want. If you need me to send the pictures to you another way I can, whatever is easiest for you.

Just home from a long weekend at BC, for the first time.
It was supposed to be grown ups only, but the kids ended up needing to come last minute.

We really loved the resort. (The Boardwalk and Poly are our normal "go-tos"). The pool was awesome. A little overwhelming with it being so spread out and our kids being all ages, but we managed. The bar outside was great and we enjoyed dinner poolside one night. We enjoyed a Mickey Pants sundae at the take out window at Beaches and Cream.

Thinking of returning for spring break. Thank you for all of the tips in this post!

Here now and at pool bar. Is it the sunken treasure that isn't on the menu and what is in it? Tia

Here now and at pool bar. Is it the sunken treasure that isn't on the menu and what is in it? Tia
From Post 17:

Sunken Treasure: The unofficial beverage of the Beach and Yacht Club FAQ forum:

DSCN2849-1.jpg
sunkentreasure.jpg

Contents: Malibu Rum, Midori, orange juice, pineapple juice and Sprite with a splash of BOLS Blue Curacao.

Thanks, pixarmom, Feckless, WDW4us2006 and Ninja Mom for the photos!

The Sunken Treasure was removed from the menu at Hurricane Hanna's for several years but has recently returned to the bar menu at HH and several other pool bars at other Disney resorts.

Thanks to medicgirl177, who experimented at great personal risk to decipher the secret formula:

Sunken Treasure- recipe by medicgirl177
1 1/2 shots Midori
1 shot Malibu Coconut Rum
1 shot orange juice
1 shot pineapple juice
Sprite or 7-Up to fizzy taste
1 shot Blue Curaçao
Over ice
Dress with Pineapple slice, cherry, or umbrella

SunkenTreasureingredients.jpg
P1130980.jpg

SunkenTreasureNinjaMom.jpg
SunkenTreasure2.jpg

DIS%20OH.jpg

Anyone know if there's any king bed, standard view CL rooms at the YC? Want to complete my online check-in and while it's showing as an option, I don't want to waste the request if there's none to begin with.

The pay phones were removed and the openings are now covered by metal panels. There are, however, several "house phones" on the side wall. When I took the photos, there was a father with his young daughter standing next to the elevator, looking puzzled why I was taking the pictures. When I told him the elevator was not real, he took a look behind the wall and came back looking amazed. It really is funny, but probably was an architect's way of having things looked balanced, without having the expense of an actual 4th operating elevator.

I stayed at the Beach Club every year from around 1991 until 2001, I never knew or noticed this about the elevator! I can't wait to check this out in about six weeks!

Anyone know if there's any king bed, standard view CL rooms at the YC? Want to complete my online check-in and while it's showing as an option, I don't want to waste the request if there's none to begin with.

According to my notes, 2 of the 24 YC CL SV rooms have King Beds. I don't know which rooms they are.

I think it is worth requesting it. Since a room with a King Bed can only accommodate 2-3 people, the number of parties who can stay in one of those rooms is limited.

:goodvibes

According to my notes, 2 of the 24 YC CL SV rooms have King Beds. I don't know which rooms they are.

I think it is worth requesting it. Since a room with a King Bed can only accommodate 2-3 people, the number of parties who can stay in one of those rooms is limited.

Thanks Dee. I swore this time around I wasn't going to put any requests and just see where we end up but....

I am not much of a drinker, but there are a few things on the adult beverage menu that pique my interest. Yum on the grapefruit beer! And I wouldn't turn town a Grasshopper made with actual hops.

:drinking1

I agree with the grapefruit beer! Yum! I got the beer flight at the German Biergarten (DH said he would share, but left me to my own lightweight devices while he sucked down a sprite), and the grapefruit beer was definitely my favorite! Next time I'll get a stein of only that... not the giant stein, like I said I am a lightweight, just like my mama. ;)

~Cari~ pluto:

I agree with the grapefruit beer! Yum! I got the beer flight at the German Biergarten (DH said he would share, but left me to my own lightweight devices while he sucked down a sprite), and the grapefruit beer was definitely my favorite! Next time I'll get a stein of only that... not the giant stein, like I said I am a lightweight, just like my mama. ;)

~Cari~ pluto:

I had a bottle at the Crews Cup (while with your mom, incidentally) last August. It sounds like it has popped up at Beaches & Cream and probably some other resort restaurants, but I haven't personally investigated at other places. Yet.

Last edited:
This is not an easy thread to leave. It's a bit like the mafia, once you join you are always part of the family.

I tried to leave this thread after our first trip to the YC in 2012. I was told I couldn't just leave the thread and so I've stuck around and had the opportunity on all my trips since to meet and hang out with some of the cool kids. .

Just a bit of a warning, though... If you read a couple of pages back, you will see that it is not easy to get away from us.
:offtopic:

All this kinda got me reflecting. I have 'known' a lot of the friends on this board for years. Some I have met in person. Some not.

Went back as far as I could on DIS and the earliest post I could find was when we had a pick 'em game in 2010. We were picking when a certain princess that is now starting school would be born. We have been through so much together. It is amazing to see how our families and friendships have grown and changed.

There have been times where moderators and others have had to reel us in some on the personal stuff. But without it I truly believe this would not have become one of the most used/informative board on the DIS. Period.

Thank you Dee for being the glue. Thank you friends for being the paper. And thank you DISboards for being the wall we get to use.

Sappiness over. We now return you to Channel 17 for all your resort information.

:offtopic:

All this kinda got me reflecting. I have 'known' a lot of the friends on this board for years. Some I have met in person. Some not.

Went back as far as I could on DIS and the earliest post I could find was when we had a pick 'em game in 2010. We were picking when a certain princess that is now starting school would be born. We have been through so much together. It is amazing to see how our families and friendships have grown and changed.

There have been times where moderators and others have had to reel us in some on the personal stuff. But without it I truly believe this would not have become one of the most used/informative board on the DIS. Period.

Thank you Dee for being the glue. Thank you friends for being the paper. And thank you DISboards for being the wall we get to use.

Sappiness over. We now return you to Channel 17 for all your resort information.

@MickeyT

Awww! Very sweet post.

Regarding that guessing contest... IIRC, someone else took your birthday date first before you had a chance to guess. And won.

Last edited:
Wanted to give a huge shout out to Matt at B&C for helping us celebrate DD's birthday last weekend (and for presenting DS with an unbirthday button to calm his jealousy!). After much debate, we decided we didn't have room for a kitchen sink and opted for Mickey pants instead. We were able to customize our flavors and toppings, and they still did the big "show" presenting it to her and wishing her a happy birthday (which embarrassed the crap out of her and I loved it!!!)
image.jpeg

We were able to customize our flavors and toppings, and they still did the big "show" presenting it to her and wishing her a happy birthday (which embarrassed the crap out of her and I loved it!!!)
That is an adorable picture. What a happy memory that will be. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter