Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions

In 2013, we tried the Chef's Pasta Creation at the Captain's Grille- could be the same thing at the Lounge- it was the Tagliatelle with braised short rib and arugula. It was awesome! So good, in fact, that I believe it is now on the regular menu.

:thumbsup2

Thanks! Just watched one of DIS Pete's podcasts on the 5 worst WDW restaurants and he listed Captains Grille as #1! I have read so many raves about it here, I don't get it. I know that any restaurant can have an off day, but he claims that he makes several trips before rating. Any thoughts?

Can I call Beach Club Villas to request a room and when? Our arrival date is July 30th.
Reservation booked on points thru a DVC friend. Room request already states 2 queen beds.
I would really like a new room but not sure how many 2 bedroom units have been updated.
I cannot call DVC as I am not a member, can I call the front desk?

Thanks! Just watched one of DIS Pete's podcasts on the 5 worst WDW restaurants and he listed Captains Grille as #1! I have read so many raves about it here, I don't get it. I know that any restaurant can have an off day, but he claims that he makes several trips before rating. Any thoughts?

No idea! I have heard about Pete's dislike of CG, but haven't personally watched the podcast. I have heard more reviews characterizing CG as a hidden gem than a bust.

I have had breakfast, lunch and 3 dinners at Captain's Grille and I enjoyed all of the meals. I have links to the reviews of my meals on Page 1, Post 7, Dining.

Food has been good, service was fine (not terrible, not spectacular). The restaurant doesn't have much for "theming" compared to other Disney restaurants, and prices are on par with other Disney places, which maybe makes it overpriced, especially compared to "real world" dining.

:goodvibes

I don't do a lot of TS restaurants but Captains Grille hasn't let us down and their breakfast is inexpensive and yummy

After reading Dee's post I wasn't to add inexpensive by WDW standards;)

3. Last, but certainly not least, as new parents we are beyond excited to begin sharing our love of WDW with our daughter (even if she is too young to remember right now), but any tips staying at BCV and the parks in general when caring for an infant would be greatly appreciated. I pretty much know all of the tips and strategies that most WDW vets have, but I must admit, I don't know all of the little tips and intricacies that one needs to be aware of when going to WDW with children. A little nervous, help a new father relax!

Mine are much older now but we've been there with them as young as 3 weeks and all different stages of baby-hood.

My thoughts looking back are:
We found a comfortable, lightweight stroller that could be broken down one-handed and locked to load for buses; and kept all the baby stuff in the baby backpack so we could get around ourselves. I could put the pack on my back, pick up the baby, and collapse/lock the stroller and load myself onto a bus. Others have huge, heavy awkward strollers that require too many hands and loose items in the basket that fall all over when you pick it up.

Don't underestimate taking a break in the baby centers. It was a great way to get some on the floor time and work the bugs out, and the facilities in there are much, much nicer changing facilities than anywhere else in the park. A great spot to rest your feet and feed the baby, and then the baby slept in the stroller while we ate and enjoyed our meals.

If it rains - I loved leaving the stroller at home and putting the baby in the snugli carrier. One of out trips, it rained for several days and was quite cool. I put DD in the snugli, put on my rain coat and carried an umbrella over the two of us. We stayed dry, warm enough and it was easy for going in and out of stores and attractions. When we had the stroller in the rain we had to deal with the rain cover and the seat getting damp!

We're just back from our stay. We had a great time, after a bit of a rocky start. We spent Saturday at the parks, and when we came back to the room at YC at 10:30, we went to set the daybed up for our 4 yo. We moved the mattress, and someone had left cereal (looked like Apple Jacks) in the space between the mattress and wall, and the cereal was covered with little bugs. At first, they were just going to bring us a roll-away, but we found bugs all over the room, so they ended up moving us. YC was pretty full, so they switched us to a room at BC, and we had a wonderful stay. We tried Beaches and Cream for the first time, and we loved spending time at SAB. Our next trip is Poly in Sept, but I'd happily stay at YC or BC any day!

In reference to the talk of Captains Grill I noticed when I was reserving a Candlelight package last week that it is now one of the restaurants that is part of the CP dining packages. I wonder what that will do to how busy/non busy Captains Grill is during the holidays.

Can I call Beach Club Villas to request a room and when? Our arrival date is July 30th.
Reservation booked on points thru a DVC friend. Room request already states 2 queen beds.
I would really like a new room but not sure how many 2 bedroom units have been updated.
If you have a studio then you will get one queen and one sleeper sofa. I think that they are adding a Murphy bed to all of the studios - but I'm not 100% sure of that. Only dedicated 2 BR villas have two queen beds in the second bedroom.

I think the DVC member needs to make the request through their DVC member services.

I agree with @Wood Nymph. A studio will only have one real bed, a sleeper sofa and in the renovated studios a small pull down bed.
The only possibility for 2 queen beds is a dedicated 2 bedroom villa. There are not a lot of those - although I have read they are adding beds as they renovate, where they can
The member needs to call and make requests for you. They "own" the reservation until you check in
Enjoy

We have eaten there at least 50 times for breakfast, lunch and dinner and loved every time!!! Everybody has different tastes.

We're in club lounge waiting for our room at Beach Club. Getting antsy at 3:20 and when I ask I'm told "rooms are typically available between 3-5pm and we'll try to get it ready in that span of time". ???? When did check in time change to "we'll try to have it ready by 5pm". Feeling hot, tired and a bit cranky now. I did on line check in, had only a day bed request (we're 5 people) and said I'd arrive around 11am.

We're in club lounge waiting for our room at Beach Club. Getting antsy at 3:20 and when I ask I'm told "rooms are typically available between 3-5pm and we'll try to get it ready in that span of time". ???? When did check in time change to "we'll try to have it ready by 5pm". Feeling hot, tired and a bit cranky now. I did on line check in, had only a day bed request (we're 5 people) and said I'd arrive around 11am.
That's really frustrating. I've had that same encounter a couple of times at YC/BC and CR. I think CMs must believe that'll make you feel better to have some sort of explanation, but of course it's just annoying. Maybe it makes them feel better? Seems like a way better approach would be an apology -- repeated frequently -- and a serious effort to get your room ready. In any event, wishing you tons of pixie dust that your room is ready soon, and that this minor glitch fades from memory once your excellent vacation starts. (I would also provide post-trip feedback to the manager that this explanation is not helpful, and frankly annoys guests. It might help them train/retrain.)

In reference to the talk of Captains Grill I noticed when I was reserving a Candlelight package last week that it is now one of the restaurants that is part of the CP dining packages. I wonder what that will do to how busy/non busy Captains Grill is during the holidays.

I almost wonder if that is an error - I would have guessed Garden Grill inside The Land would be a place for CP, I don't remember them doing packages with restaurants outside the parks?

page 553-555

Tried to sneak that one in, did you?

I'll add you to the Be Our Guest list.

:woohoo:

BTW- I have my eraser posed to edit your December trip since your dates have changed.

:laughing:

:welcome: back!

Will do!

:cool1:

:welcome:

I'll add you to the Be Our Guest list we keep on Page 1.

:cool2:

:welcome:

When is your trip?

Here are some descriptions of the 6 BC Deluxe Rooms. At least prior to the room renovations. Not sure if anything has changed in the rooms since then.

Detailed balcony information on Deluxe Concierge Rooms from guests who have stayed there and reported back:

There are six deluxe Concierge rooms at BC.

1557 has a patio and lots of windows.
2557 and 4557 have extra large balconies.
3557 has the standing room only balcony.

3691 has both a standing room balcony and a full balcony
4681 has a standing room only balcony.

So 3 of the 6 have full balconies, 1 has a patio, and 2 have standing room only balconies.

natebenma, we will be there june 11th through the 15th following our Disney cruise. I have scoured blogs and sites and I have figured out which room Is perfect for our needs and wants, just hoping a 1/6 chance is enough lol. thanks for your info.

I almost wonder if that is an error - I would have guessed Garden Grill inside The Land would be a place for CP, I don't remember them doing packages with restaurants outside the parks?
It's new this year - they also added the new Italian place on the Boardwalk too (name is escaping me right now....)

In 2013, we tried the Chef's Pasta Creation at the Captain's Grille- could be the same thing at the Lounge- it was the Tagliatelle with braised short rib and arugula. It was awesome! So good, in fact, that I believe it is now on the regular menu.

I had this too one night last summer when our plans changed last minute and we ended up going there. Loved that dish!

Just booked a body scrub/massage and facial at the Mandera at the Dolphin resort. Has anyone been here? Is it worth the cost? Would Beach Club spa be better?

I've not used the spa at BC/YC, but in terms of setting, quality, and professionalism, the massage I had at Mandera a few years back, is the best I've ever had. Hope that helps!

I was really liking the looks of the truffle fries and buttermilk shrimp at A&C... maybe I should check out CCL, too!

I can vouch that those fries are great! We usually order them with a cocktail to end the day at YC.

No idea! I have heard about Pete's dislike of CG, but haven't personally watched the podcast. I have heard more reviews characterizing CG as a hidden gem than a bust.

I have had breakfast, lunch and 3 dinners at Captain's Grille and I enjoyed all of the meals. I have links to the reviews of my meals on Page 1, Post 7, Dining.

Food has been good, service was fine (not terrible, not spectacular). The restaurant doesn't have much for "theming" compared to other Disney restaurants, and prices are on par with other Disney places, which maybe makes it overpriced, especially compared to "real world" dining.

:goodvibes

We have eaten there at least 50 times for breakfast, lunch and dinner and loved every time!!! Everybody has different tastes.

I'd never watched him before, but he irritated me. We've eaten all three meals at one time or another at CG, and been really happy. For this upcoming trip, we have dinner booked, and I for one, am very excited. The food descriptions made me eager to book. I felt the tone of that video was really negative, and over the past year, I've become SO much happier eliminating negativity from my life whenever possible, and that includes negative people. :wave2:

If you have a studio then you will get one queen and one sleeper sofa. I think that they are adding a Murphy bed to all of the studios - but I'm not 100% sure of that. Only dedicated 2 BR villas have two queen beds in the second bedroom.

I think the DVC member needs to make the request through their DVC member services.
We are in a 2 bedroom Villa

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter