Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions

@dansdad or anyone else who knows...

Do all of the resort gift shops, including the All Stars and Values, have the cases of Dasani water to purchase?
24 bottles, 12 oz, $6.39

:drinking1

page 505

I'll be in beach club next september for the first time! I'm really excited to try a Deluxe resort in Disneyworld. Since I live in Italy, I have to spend really lots of money into flights and trasportation, so I always stayed at the Values resorts. But this time will be extra special :D

I've heard from numerous persons that the bus system at the Beach club is not really good....any tips? During my first morning I have an AR for Cinderella royal table at 7.55 and I would love to be there really early...

Oh nice, I didn't know they added the time screens there too! I knew they added them at the boardwalk inn and in some other resorts. That's really usefull :)

Thanks for the info!

:welcome:

I'll add you to the Be Our Guest list.

:cool1:

The bus boards are new to the resort, the last month or so.

IMHO, the buses, especially in the early morning, are not bad. However, if you encounter full buses, you may want to walk over to the YC and load there.

I have a info in the first post documenting when the AK and MK buses came from 6:30 am to 7 am on one morning in August. I would say go out early and check out when the bus boards say a MK bus will be coming. Ride to MK is about 15 minutes.

If that won't get you there in time, you can take a cab, there should be some lined up at the front of the resort. BUT, if you take a cab, you should ask for it to drop you off at the Contemporary Resort (if you can still do that, I have heard rumors that is now discouraged), because otherwise the taxis can only bring you to the TTC (Ticket and Transportation Center) and you will need to take a monorail or the ferry to the MK entrance and that will add a significant amount of time to your trip.

Let us know if you have any other questions.

:goodvibes

I don't know if this is in the Room info post, but I was worried that my laptop would not fit in the wall safe as they are a fair bit smaller than the box ones elsewhere in WDW. I can confirm that a 15'' MacBook Pro fits' in the save with around 2 inches to spare around in all 3 dimensions :)

Thanks for the info. I will add your comments to the "Will it Fit?" post about the safes in Post 14, Other Useful Information.

:thumbsup2

We are at Yacht Club right now checked in on Saturday I requested a high floor close to elevator and we got both. We have standard view which is a group of trees not bad at all. I feel like the room is still in good shape no issues but I'm looking forward to the refresh :D. I believe some convention folks checked in yesterday so I
We will see how much busier it gets around the Yacht Club. Weather and crowds have been perfect!! I just love it here at this resort IMO it's the perfect place :beach:

Thanks for your comments! Glad your trip is off to a great start, hope it continues to be fantastic.

I am going to add your comments to the current YC room condition info.

:woohoo:

Hi All, our family is booked in BC November 15-22, and since this is the first time we're staying on property with both kids (4yo son & 2yo daughter), I was hoping the Beach Club experts could give me some tips and hints.

First, we're booked for a Garden or Woods view room; any special requests we should make about the room or location?

Second, we'll be there for our daughter's 2nd birthday. Is it worth making any noise about that other than ordering a cake for one of our dinners?

Any other thoughts or tips are welcome

:welcome: to the DIS and posting on this thread.

If a full balcony is important to you, you should add that to your room request. Other than that, as others have pointed out, preferred room locations are subjective and can be different for every family.

Definitely mention your DD's birthday. You may get some pixie dust at restaurants or the resort, you may not, but she will definitely get some attention if she wears a birthday button.

party:

We have reservations at the yacht club the week they've announced they are starting renovations. We just made them recently before they announced it. I went back on Expedia both yesterday and today and today they're saying they're completely sold out. I have a couple questions. 1. Why would they be sold out overnight? Is that because they're shutting down a portion of it for renovations? Or do they really fill out so quickly. 2. Also how badly we be affected by the renovation?

I'll add you to the Be Our Guest list for August.

As others have mentioned, Disney website has been glitchy. Also, just because Expedia is shown as sold out, it just means that they (the third party booking company) does not have room for sale. Disney may still have rooms available. And finally, unless you are staying on the 5th floor, Club Level, you should not have any issues at all with the renovation.

Last edited:

I booked Yacht Club from 8/24 to 8/30 with a garden view before they announced the upcoming renovations. My hubby likes to sleep in and join us in the afternoon. I'm just wondering how much noise there might be in the mornings. We love YC and SAB but when we're paying $4,500+ I don't want my hubby to be unhappy about the noise levels.

As everyone gets ready for Memorial Day weekend, and the unofficial start of summer, I just want to use this thread to ask my fellow DISers to keep in mind the true meaning behind the holiday. I’ve “met” many of you on here who are veterans or are serving. Many others have someone dear to you that have been or are currently in service to our country.

To those brave men and women who have made the ultimate sacrifice, we remember you, we honor you and we thank you.

I booked Yacht Club from 8/24 to 8/30 with a garden view before they announced the upcoming renovations. My hubby likes to sleep in and join us in the afternoon. I'm just wondering how much noise there might be in the mornings. We love YC and SAB but when we're paying $4,500+ I don't want my hubby to be unhappy about the noise levels.

We have had 3 trips now at a resort that had room renovations going on, with one of them being YC, and we had no idea they were even happening. All 3 times we found out either during the after stay survey when they specifically asked if the refurb disturbed us during our stay or over heard CMs talking about it. In our experience, and others that we know, WDW does a very good job of keeping guests away from the work being done. Personally, we would not hesitate to stay at a resort during a room refurb.

We have had 3 trips now at a resort that had room renovations going on, with one of them being YC, and we had no idea they were even happening. All 3 times we found out either during the after stay survey when they specifically asked if the refurb disturbed us during our stay or over heard CMs talking about it. In our experience, and others that we know, WDW does a very good job of keeping guests away from the work being done. Personally, we would not hesitate to stay at a resort during a room refurb.

Thanks we have never stayed during room rehabs before so I just wanted to make sure it wouldn't be a big deal. I really want stay at YC again, this is my daughter's favorite resort and it will probably be our last big Disney trip before she heads off to college in a few years.

Thanks we have never stayed during room rehabs before so I just wanted to make sure it wouldn't be a big deal. I really want stay at YC again, this is my daughter's favorite resort and it will probably be our last big Disney trip before she heads off to college in a few years.

I hope you have a Magical trip! :thumbsup2

We have stayed at the BC during room rehabs and haven't been too bothered by them. Since the YC rehabs are scheduled to begin the week that you arrive, there is a good chance that you won't be affected at all. They often start later than scheduled. But you might want to make sure when you check in that your room isn't near the planned work area.

Last edited:
HI, everyone. I'm making my annual early summer return to this board in anticipation of our late August trip to the BC! This year we are combining with a three night stay at Contemporary. We like mixing a MK area resort for a couple of nights then a relaxing vacation at BC! We are staying club level again (thank you, pin code!). Last year we booked club level garden view and ended up with a full balcony overlooking the boardwalk that was relatively close to the lounge. I could not have asked for a better room. This year, GV was not available when I booked and I want to maximize the likelihood of a close to lounge room with a not awful view. What do you experts suggest? Upgrade to lagoon view? or make requests?

Great to be back on this board! All your posts make me really excited for our trip!

@dansdad or anyone else who knows...

Do all of the resort gift shops, including the All Stars and Values, have the cases of Dasani water to purchase?
24 bottles, 12 oz, $6.39

:drinking1

that's not a bad price. I was going to get water delivered from Garden Grocer and they're $8.99. seems cheaper to buy at resort?

Hello everyone! We just booked BC CL for November! This will be our first stay here! Has anyone stayed CL recently that might be able to share the latest food offering menu? (Or can you direct me to the most recent pictures?) I've been going through the board but it's so much to cover! I've found one page of pictures from last year. Thanks for everything! I'm looking forward to planning with everyone!

page 505

I'll add you to the Be Our Guest list.

The bus boards are new to the resort, the last month or so.

IMHO, the buses, especially in the early morning, are not bad. However, if you encounter full buses, you may want to walk over to the YC and load there.

I have a info in the first post documenting when the AK and MK buses came from 6:30 am to 7 am on one morning in August. I would say go out early and check out when the bus boards say a MK bus will be coming. Ride to MK is about 15 minutes.

If that won't get you there in time, you can take a cab, there should be some lined up at the front of the resort. BUT, if you take a cab, you should ask for it to drop you off at the Contemporary Resort (if you can still do that, I have heard rumors that is now discouraged), because otherwise the taxis can only bring you to the TTC (Ticket and Transportation Center) and you will need to take a monorail or the ferry to the MK entrance and that will add a significant amount of time to your trip.

Let us know if you have any other questions.

Thank you very much :D

Hello everyone! We just booked BC CL for November! This will be our first stay here! Has anyone stayed CL recently that might be able to share the latest food offering menu? (Or can you direct me to the most recent pictures?) I've been going through the board but it's so much to cover! I've found one page of pictures from last year. Thanks for everything! I'm looking forward to planning with everyone!

:welcome: to the thread!

I'll add you to the Be Our Guest list we keep on Page 1.

Speaking of Page 1, there are very detailed posts on a variety of resort topics on the first page of the thread. I update these frequently, whenever I have new info or pictures to share. Post 12 is all about Club Level. There are links to pictures of some of the food offerings there from Feb 2016 and July 2015.

To the best of my knowledge, there is not a published menu available in advance of what is offered each day. The breakfast and afternoon snacks stay pretty much the same, the evening appetizers have some staple items and some hot items that change daily.

There is also a Club Level info/FAQ page here on the resorts boards. I don't get there very often, this place keeps me busy enough, but you may find additional pictures there.

I will be staying club level at the Yacht Club (pending renovations) in mid October and I will definitely be taking and posting pictures after my trip.

We also welcome anyone with stays between now and then to share pictures and info. Especially current beer, wine and evening cordial offerings. The current "wine list" and "beer list" I have are from 2012-2013.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter