Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions Updated Info on Page 1 Post 1 & 13, 14

natebenma

Beach Club Dee
Will a gallon of milk fit in the room fridge?
Please note that the refrigerators in the Yacht Club post-renovation are different than the ones in the Beach Club rooms- see below for descriptions and pictures of the mini-fridges in both resorts:

At least one half-gallon will fit in the door and possibly more in the main compartment. AT THE BEACH CLUB

November 2016

Impressive packing job by Beer Me

2022 Walt Disney World Resort Vacation Packages Available
Guests looking to plan ahead can now book 2022 Walt Disney World Resort vacation packages for arrivals beginning January 1, 2022!
Get a Quote

VAtink

DIS Veteran
Checking in from the YC. Came back to the room from MK to find two workers on our balcony. Kinda frustrating since we picked up food to eat out there since we can't hop to Epcot for the food booths for lunch now with the 2pm hopping. I wanted to change to a room where they aren't doing work, but my mom doesn't want to go through the hassle of moving. The hotel doesn't seem full so not sure why they would even put people in these rooms.

So if you're checking in in the next few days, avoiding rooms that look out onto the quiet pool towards the swan/dolphin is a good idea if you want to use your balcony during the day.

Besides that the room is good, housekeeping has come every other day and has been fantastic. I asked for more coffee the other day and she gave me a huge bag with like 20 pods!

focusondisney

DIS Veteran
More from YC….. seeing more landscaping work on the back of the hotel, but nothing disruptive. We’ve been here since Thursday. The young housekeeper who was “earning his ears” knocked Saturday, asked if we needed anything but said he wasn’t allowed in the room. (My DH & I had put our masks on when answering the door.). He handed me the towels we asked for, but I had to push the pile of used towels to the door & I emptied the trash cans into a take out bag for him to take. But while we were in the park yesterday, housekeeping came, took the trash & dirty towels & left all new stuff.

We had a room check Sunday afternoon, very nice CM, apologized profusely. Said he has to actually enter the room & they are “tracked” to make sure they do. We reassured him we totally understand, no problem.

And also of note, I have seen more dogs this trip than we have seen in all our other trips combined. I am usually commenting on how infrequently we see them. But this trip we have seen at least 1 dog every day. Not an issue, no noise or disruption to us, but there are a good amount of dogs here this week anyway. Most have been small dogs, one family has 2 small dogs. I did see a man walking a larger dog out to the enclosed courtyard area near the lobby. I will also say I saw a family with their dog at the umbrella tables at SAB this afternoon as I was getting ready to leave. They seemed to have one of those strollers & the dog was not leashed when I saw it. It was on the ground & started to wander away but stopped as soon as the owner called it back. So just a warning. No barking, I was sitting behind them for about 20 minutes & didn’t notice it til then.

focusondisney

DIS Veteran
And now an ear piercing alarm going on & off. I assume a fire alarm test, we saw a sign in the lobby of CR last night. But absolutely no notice of any testing here, no note under the door, no message from the desk. Housekeeper is down the hall with his cart & doesn’t seem to be distirbed by it, so I’m assuming not a real alarm. But we have ALWAYS had advance notice about these things.

• jmakesmagic

Earning My Ears
    anyone know how late the BCV quiet pool area stays open? going in november and thinking about scheduling some hot tub time after a day at universal. thanks!

Wood Nymph

DIS Veteran
    anyone know how late the BCV quiet pool area stays open? going in november and thinking about scheduling some hot tub time after a day at universal. thanks!
    The hours for the quiet pools are usually 7am to 11pm.

Does anyone known if Hurricane Hana's grill and self service beverage station is open?

• MrsD78

Earning My Ears
    Tried searching for the answer but haven't been able to find it so I will just ask......We are arriving Sunday for our first Yacht Club visit (Yay!) My kids would like hot tea in the morning in the room, what is the best way to do this?

Thanks in advance :earsboy:

summerlvr

Mouseketeer
    Tried searching for the answer but haven't been able to find it so I will just ask......We are arriving Sunday for our first Yacht Club visit (Yay!) My kids would like hot tea in the morning in the room, what is the best way to do this?

Thanks in advance :earsboy:
    There are tea K-cups in the room that you can use in the Keurig. I think I had 2 in my room a couple weeks ago. You can always ask for more!

Dave006

DIS Veteran
    My kids would like hot tea in the morning in the room, what is the best way to do this?
    Do they drink their hot tea straight up or do they add anything?

You will want to double check the tea stock in the room when you check-in. You can also request additional K-cups for Coffee or Tea from Housekeeping using the Housekeeping button on your in-room phone.

The YC Ale & Compass Marketplace also has other tea selections (tea bags) and honey, cream or milk.

Dave

AGoofykindagirl

DIS Veteran
    For anyone who may be interested, Cape May breakfast had the new version of POG juice this morning. My sister tried it and liked it better than the old version. Our waitress, Katie, said that some have said it’s a little bit sweeter and also that they received it just this morning.

MrsD78

Earning My Ears
    Do they drink their hot tea straight up or do they add anything?

You will want to double check the tea stock in the room when you check-in. You can also request additional K-cups for Coffee or Tea from Housekeeping using the Housekeeping button on your in-room phone.

The YC Ale & Compass Marketplace also has other tea selections (tea bags) and honey, cream or milk.

Dave
    They like it with a little sugar. They loved having croissants and tea in the morning on our Disney Cruise 3 years ago and asked if we could do that at DW.... I told them the tea was a definite but the Croissants we would have to see.

Connect

TODAY'S HEADLINES