• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions

Page 1762-1763

i kid with my family and say WL is our thanksgiving resort due to the Christmas decorations and easy boat ride to magic kingdom. BC/YC is our spring resort where we stayed to run the Star Wars 10 k race a few years ago. The pool is amazing, quick walk to Epcot, etc, My only CON of BC/YC is their isn’t a convenient quick service like roaring fork is at WL. Give it a try you may like it for some trips and be sure to come back early one evening and walk along the board walk.

:welcome: to posting on this thread and thanks for your input!

:goodvibes

Is the grill at the pool (Hurricane Hannah’s) still closed? If not, any ideas on when it will open?

We are returning to our home away from home at BCV in late May/early June and love hanging out at the pool and eating a late lunch after rope dropping one of the parks.

:welcome: back!

I'll add you to the Be Our Guest list we keep on Page 1, Post 15.

:cool1:

Who can explain to me (us) exactly what is available for food poolside?

Hurricane Hanna's- Bar open? Is there cold (non-cooked) food like sandwiches available?

Poolside service- what food is available from servers around the pool/where does it come from?

I know that you can mobile order from Ale & Compass, Market at Ale & Compass and The Beach Club Marketplace.

🍽

Just got back from a long weekend. Everything was great.

*snip*

Thanks so much for the review of your stay and feedback about the pools.

:thumbsup2

Hurricane Hanna's- Bar open? Is there cold (non-cooked) food like sandwiches available?

Poolside service- what food is available from servers around the pool/where does it come from?
The bar is open and people can still sit at the bar. The counter service area is closed. There is still poolside service. They have cold sandwiches and salads available. The BC Marketplace is serving some of the hot foods, like the pulled pork sandwich, that used to be served at Hurricane Hanna's.

Entrées

Greek Salad
Served with Cucumbers, Tomatoes, Feta and Olives

$10.49

Italian Focaccia Sandwich

$10.49

Seafood Roll
on Parker House Bread with Citrus-Mayonnaise served with house-made chips

$11.79

Turkey and Swiss Sandwich

$8.49

Caesar Salad with Chicken
Romaine, Parmesan and House-made Croutons

$9.99
Kids' Disney Check Meals

Turkey Sandwich
served in a Sand Pail with Carrots, GoGo squeeZ® Applesauce and choice of Small Lowfat Milk or Small DASANI® Water. Meets Disney Nutrition Guidelines for Complete Meals without substitutions

$8.99

Uncrustables
served in a Sand Pail with Carrots, GoGo squeeZ® Applesauce and choice of Small Lowfat Milk or Small DASANI® Water. Meets Disney Nutrition Guidelines for Complete Meals without substitutions

$8.19

Does anyone know Stormalong Bay's current hours? Even if it's too cold to swim, we would like to lay out and relax so long as it's not too busy.

Does anyone know Stormalong Bay's current hours? Even if it's too cold to swim, we would like to lay out and relax so long as it's not too busy.

I believe the hours have been 10 am to 10 pm since September.

The resort lobbies have a board posted with each month's hours of operation for the pool and dining locations, as well as the movie and activities schedule. As soon as someone is able to access this at the start of February it will be posted here.

::yes::

Yeah, from what I can tell and unless recently changed, Disney continues to rock the 10am-10pm feature pool hours across property, even here in the middle of winter which usually sees earlier closings.

It sort of seems like it’s one of their bigger guest adjustments in all of this - way early park closing times, no nighttime shows - but since everyone is back at the resort early we’ll let you swim until 10pm!

I think the most impressive thing about this retro shot is looking at the land where the BW is now and how impressive that planning and build really was! I remember when we were at the YC in the mid 90's when the construction for BW was just starting and we thought it was an "eye sore". I've grown up since then! I may have said [or thought] that about the Skyliner too......:duck:

I know I've seen this answered here before but I cannot find the answer for the life of me and I apologize for my poor searching fu. How far in advance can you book a cabana at the pool? We have an trip coming up in April and I want to make sure we get one for at least one day.

I know I've seen this answered here before but I cannot find the answer for the life of me and I apologize for my poor searching fu. How far in advance can you book a cabana at the pool? We have an trip coming up in April and I want to make sure we get one for at least one day.
Right now I believe it's 60 days. Also, full day rentals only for now. Pre-pandemic you could book 1/2 days.

we thought it was an "eye sore". I've grown up since then! I may have said [or thought] that about the Skyliner too......:duck:
I 100% said that about the Skyliner when I first saw those poles poking up in and around HS.I thought Disney had lost their minds. Now that it is up and running, I have changed my mind.

And now. . .
I am saying that about those barges in World Showcase Lagoon. Maybe I will change my mind once the water features work and I see the new night time show.

Right now I believe it's 60 days. Also, full day rentals only for now. Pre-pandemic you could book 1/2 days.

FWIW, I recently booked one and the CM asked if I wanted full or half day, as if we once again we had a choice. I wanted full so I didn’t explore it any further, but I was curious if the CM was just reading from a non adjusted script and if I had tried to book 1/2 it would have gone through. I’m guessing it wouldn’t, but it had me :scratchin

I 100% said that about the Skyliner when I first saw those poles poking up in and around HS.I thought Disney had lost their minds. Now that it is up and running, I have changed my mind.

And now. . .
I am saying that about those barges in World Showcase Lagoon. Maybe I will change my mind once the water features work and I see the new night time show.
Totally agreed on the barges, but give it a chance. They don't look as big in person as they do in pictures [I saw the second one make it's appearance earlier this month], plus once they get the water/fountains flowing on them everyone will want a picture of them! Like I said, I've finally grown up!

I was feeling some kind of way about the barges online, but after being there a few times now with those in sight, I got over it. Not at first though, it took a few visits.

Disney could have easily scraped the whole thing and sunk those barges to make a reef on Castaway Cay. For now I’m just happy they seem to want to continue to put what seems like a boatload of money into making this nighttime show. That makes my Epcot (and Epcot Resort) loving little heart happy.

Disney could have easily scraped the whole thing and sunk those barges to make a reef on Castaway Cay. For now I’m just happy they seem to want to continue to put what seems like a boatload of money into making this nighttime show. That makes my Epcot (and Epcot Resort) loving little heart happy.
You are totally right! Change is hard for me and growing pains are hard, too.

FWIW, I recently booked one and the CM asked if I wanted full or half day, as if we once again we had a choice. I wanted full so I didn’t explore it any further, but I was curious if the CM was just reading from a non adjusted script and if I had tried to book 1/2 it would have gone through. I’m guessing it wouldn’t, but it had me :scratchin

Interesting. I booked a cabana for mid March a little over a week ago. When chatting the CM said yes, only full days right now.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter