Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions

From the menus so far it looks like we will be eating large, late lunches in Epcot. I wonder if you can get take out from Beaches and Cream, other than ice cream.

In the past, Beaches & Cream only allowed take-out of ice cream, but I don't know if they changed the rule due to the pandemic.
We are planning on not taking any transportation so looking for meals within walking distance. Will be YC for 5 days and Epcot park only. Looking at BW for dinner too. Hopefully more will open up by Nov.

So, the Canada-US border is now closed through September 21 at the very least, meaning our September trip is fubar-ed.

Rebooked for a few weeks later, in a fit of “I need SAB” optimism, so Dee, if you could update me on the BOG list when you have a chance that would be great...but use pencil, ‘cause that’s the way 2020 seems to be going. :-(

Our currently booked (please let one of them actually happen) trips are:
- Oct 8-12, YC GV
- Nov 13-18, YC GV
- Dec 11-15, Poly SV (originally WL, may swap to YC if Oct/Nov fall thru)
- Jan 29-Feb 2, YC GV

If/when October gets cancelled, that’ll move to early March, I guess. We keep shifting dates, hoping that eventually the border will reopen and then we can travel again. And, at least I can dream, making park passes and ADRs, keeping myself from going completely stir crazy.

Sigh.

Hope you get a trip in! Are you driving or flying?

We are planning on not taking any transportation so looking for meals within walking distance. Will be YC for 5 days and Epcot park only. Looking at BW for dinner too. Hopefully more will open up by Nov.
The Swan is currently open, and the Dolphin is scheduled to reopen on September 1, for more dining options - both table service and excellent grab and go. From YC, it is a 5-10 minute walk.

Dining choices at Swan/Dolphin
http://swandolphin.mobimanage.com/ListPages.aspx?pageId=15710

Last edited:
Hope you get a trip in! Are you driving or flying?

Flying. Luckily, our preferred airline, WestJet, has a very flexible change policy, and great customer service. (For example, they’ve extended my frequent flyer status for an extra year, even though I didn’t make the miles this year because of all our cancelled flights.)

From the menus so far it looks like we will be eating large, late lunches in Epcot. I wonder if you can get take out from Beaches and Cream, other than ice cream.
When we were there in July, the takeout menu at Beaches & Cream only included ice cream and was very limited

When we were there in July, the takeout menu at Beaches & Cream only included ice cream and was very limited

And now I want ice cream.

I have no ice cream.

I'm not going to the grocery store until Saturday.

To get back on topic, people talk about the No Way Jose and the Kitchen Sink at Beaches & Cream, but I had a brownie sundae there years ago which was really good.

Flying. Luckily, our preferred airline, WestJet, has a very flexible change policy, and great customer service. (For example, they’ve extended my frequent flyer status for an extra year, even though I didn’t make the miles this year because of all our cancelled flights.)

Technically you could fly down if you felt comfortable and aren’t concerned about getting health insurance for the trip. The land border is closed but flights leave from some of the major airports daily.

We are booked for Dec and playing a wait and see approach.

Technically you could fly down if you felt comfortable and aren’t concerned about getting health insurance for the trip. The land border is closed but flights leave from some of the major airports daily.

We are booked for Dec and playing a wait and see approach.

Westjet and AC YYZ to MCO were both bookable for September as late as early last week, as soon as the closure was extended by the government all flights disappeared until September 30th - the day after the end of the current closure.

It’s been rolling like that since the extensions started.

You can also use Grubhub, Waitr, etc to have food delivered to your resort.

And now I want ice cream.

I have no ice cream.

I'm not going to the grocery store until Saturday.

To get back on topic, people talk about the No Way Jose and the Kitchen Sink at Beaches & Cream, but I had a brownie sundae there years ago which was really good.

Those are the three ice cream options I am trying to decide between! I guess I can always pick one on the night we eat at B&C, then get the other two as take out and sit on our balcony and enjoy them after a park two other nights. Decisions, decisions...

SO excited Ale & Compass is open again! I originally (3 plans ago) had it booked for arrival dinner and a breakfast. Now I have booked it for an early breakfast before DHS and for a later dinner on our last night, since we'll be at MK and it closes at 6 now.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter