Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions Updated Info on Page 1 Post 1 & 13, 14

LindyWebb

Mouseketeer
Has anyone been able to book a reservation at B&C? I am trying since we are there over Christmas but no luck

PCFriar80

DIS Veteran
Has anyone been able to book a reservation at B&C? I am trying since we are there over Christmas but no luck
I'm not sure what date(s) you're looking for, but I did a random check for 12/30 and 1/9 and there were available times for both lunch/dinner.

LindyWebb

Mouseketeer
Not for a party of 4. Just for a party of 2. And there are tons of times for a party of 2. It's very odd.

• KIDS FREE DINING Offer This Summer at Walt Disney World Resort!
    Book through February 26, 2020 for arrivals most nights May 25 through August 28, 2020.
    Click Here for Details

• PCFriar80

DIS Veteran
    Not for a party of 4. Just for a party of 2. And there are tons of times for a party of 2. It's very odd.
    Got it! I was doing 2. Keep checking though, sometimes things change especially closer to the date you're looking for when folks cancel.

ScubaCat

DIS Veteran
    Couple of issues the past few days: stormalong bay hasn't been heated since Tuesday (it was on Sunday and Monday). Not sure what the deal is or if it's fixed today since it's been raining and we didn't go in today. I did complain gently to the front desk but I expect the usual WDW silence on that one.

Also, the temporary B&C location wasn't open at all yesterday. I haven't checked today, but I'm assuming the same. I'll update if I see it open when I walk by later.

Edit : the ice cream at ariels is open today. Also, they lied and claimed the pool was heated.

Last edited:

shoreward

DIS Veteran
    Have you tried booking two reservations for two people for the same time slot? When checking in at the podium, tell them you would like to sit together. The artist rendering of the refurbed space shows quite a few tables for two that are side by side, along a wall. It will be very easy to move the tables together for larger parties.

• rad91

Mouseketeer
    I did 2 party-of-2 reservations, but 10 minutes apart. I couldn't get them at the same time. I did one reservation with my account, and another reservation with my wife's disney account. You can't use the same account, even with different names.

Cluelyss

DIS Veteran
    I did 2 party-of-2 reservations, but 10 minutes apart. I couldn't get them at the same time. I did one reservation with my account, and another reservation with my wife's disney account. You can't use the same account, even with different names.
    If you don’t have two MDE accounts at your disposal, the workaround is to select a different lead guest than yourself when booking the FIRST reservation, then you’ll be able to go beck in and book a second using your name as the lead on #2.

• Hopefully

DIS Veteran
    So we will be headed to the Tragical Express early this afternoon. We have had a wonderful trip. We did get caught in a Downpour yesterday at AK and got soaked. 2CMs went above and beyond to help when we stopped undercover near Tusker House. We stopped at Guest Relations on our way out to commend them officially.
    We are leaving Villa 102. I specifically stated I did not want a first floor Villa. But as always it was lovely It looked out on to the pathway from the Dune Cove pool to the front. The pool was in the background. i have never been on this hallway spur before. We were the last Villa on the hall and could enter and exit at the stairway right there. It made us really close to the Bus Stop.
    Again , no luck with Touring Plan request.
    Every bus driver, and we used the buses 5 times, were wonderful in helping me park my scooter. The only less than enthusiastic CM was the boat Captain going to Disney Springs.
    I need to get packing but will try to finalize our trip later.

Last edited:

Tess

DIS Veteran - 1997
    We are leaving Villa 102. I specifically stated I did not want a first floor Villa. But as always it was lovely It looked out on to the pathway from the Dune Cove pool to the front. The pool was in the background. i have never been on this hallway spur before. We were the last Villa on the hall and could enter and exit at the stairway right there. It made us really close to the Bus Stop.
    Again , no luck with Touring Plan request.
    Every bus driver, and we used the buses 5 times, were wonderful in helping me park my scooter. The only less than enthusiastic CM was the boat Captain going to Disney Springs.
    I need to get packing but will try to finalize our trip later.
    BCV requests are usually a bust for us. I always request first floor, near lobby and we typically receive anything but! Love the area you were in and it is always my hoped for wing--last fall we got the wing, but on the 4th floor. :scared: Glad you enjoyed your stay. We are at BWV in the spring but back at BCV in the fall with our same requests--1st floor, near lobby. :D

Hopefully

DIS Veteran
    We are home and suffering withdrawal blues. We had a wonderful week in BCV 102. The Villa was pristine on our arrival. It was fresh and clean. In the mindset of nitpicking the only 2 things I saw when trying to find fault was a small scuff on the wall opposite the toilet, and a sticky door handle leaving the shower room. Really that was looking for negatives. I was in the Villa when Mousekeeping came for trash and towel service. He offered to come back but I said not necessary. He was very, very nice and left extra shampoo and conditioner, as requested. Our kitchen Trash and Recycling was emptied daily while we were out, which I appreciated.
    We had lots of lotion, but no note paper or pen.
    After a week I agree that the entrance to Epcot at the IG is very different. It is busy. But it handles the new volume well. We never waited long
    We had an ADR at Oga's Cafe for lunch one day. We spent time in Batuu, not expecting to ride either ride this trip. We chatted with a wonderful CM for awhile and interacted with Chewy and Ren. It was great fun. The land is amazing.
    We enjoyed a beverage and snacks at Baseline Tap House while waiting for our ADR time. We enjoyed that as well.
    Everyone like their first trip on Slinky Dog Dash. It does compare nicely to 7DMT.
    Our favorite meal of the trip was Teppan Edo in Japan, It was outstanding and the chef was an older gentlemen and he was great fun. We were all disappointed this trip in Spice Road Table, which we have enjoyed several times in the past. But we did sit outside and it was coldish and misty so not the best.
    We enjoyed Epcot Forever from our table. The Kites pulled by Jet skis are amazing. Our surprise restaurant was dinner at Ale & Compass Restaurant on arrival night. We loved it and will be back.
    Any other questions I can answer?
    We love the BCV, our home resort and are looking forward to our already booked October trip

AGoofykindagirl

Mouseketeer
    A thought if you need to leave a note for Mousekeeping: I never think to do thank you notes ahead of time. So when I leave our tips and want to include a thank you or request, I use the back of the paper coasters form the glasses (I almost always have a pen). We’ve done this our past 3 visits, and it seems to work just fine. They replace the coaster, so we don’t run out.

tjmw2727

DIS Veteran
    I have a reservation for next week at YC and due to the makeup of our travel party we would really (really) like a room with 2q and a daybed.

I have noted this request this with my reservation but I was wondering if there are a large number of these rooms vs the 2q? Alternately are there more in one room category than another … I am currently in a garden/woods view but would upgrade/downgrade if it meant more of a possibility of the daybed.

I tried using TP but they don't show any 2Q with a daybed so this got me a bit worried.

TIA

ScubaCat

DIS Veteran
    BCV requests are usually a bust for us. I always request first floor, near lobby and we typically receive anything but!
    Do you request ahead of time through reservations or DVC member services? The online check-in request form does nothing at all and is probably never even used or seen by anyone. I generally do the online chat with DVC MS and they note the reservation accordingly. It's worked well for me the past few trips. Just try to be as generic as possible. (For instance, don't request a specific room. If it's not available - which will likely be the case - the request is then ignored completely.)

Connect

Disney News and Updates

Get Daily Email Updates

DISNEY WORLD RESORT GUIDES

DISNEY WORLD RESORT MAPS

DISNEY WORLD RESORT MENUS

DISNEY WORLD TICKETS

THEME PARK HOURS
    DISNEY WORLD VIDEOS