Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions Updated Info on Page 1 Post 1 & 13, 14

bookbabe626

DIS Veteran
You will receive a text and/or email with the room number, when the room is ready.
It’s sometimes hit and miss whether you get the email/text, but on the app, if you click the Resort Details link (on main page it’s called My Resort and in Plans it’s View Room Details) another link will appear on that page on checkin day where you can click to get your room number. You can’t see that link before then, it only appears once you get there.

• focusondisney

DIS Veteran
    Another thing I thought was odd is that there was no paper or pen in the room.
    I first noticed the missing pen & pad during our stay in early February. I looked specifically for them when we went Easter week & commented about it in my posts then. One more little cut back that guests either don’t notice or won’t complain about. All these little cutbacks many people don’t care about or notice. But many of us do notice & care & they make me sad personally.

I also noticed I have not had a post visit survey in over a year. Has anyone else gotten one recently? I don’t know if it is the current manager who decides to send them or if WDW in general has stopped sending them. I find it interesting that as they start tweaking the amenities in the rooms is just when they stop asking for guest feedback. I know there is a letter in room with the manager’s email. But is anyone really going to send an email about pens, notepads & lotion??

lmhall2000

May the road rise to meet you....May God hold you
    Pet sitters come tomorrow (we are down to 3 cats and 2 dogs), 3/5 of us are packed. Daughter is madly completing citations for an app she’s working on for her professor (or she’ll have to take work with her)..the girls and I all had our first ever manicure complete with a Mickey emblem on one nail- we are afraid to wash our hair in case we ruin the nails- we are NOT cut out to be nice nail people..how do you safely use zippers?? I need to go get Cash for tips, ordered our water bottles and extra toiletries to be shipped, rain showers predicted all week...packing ponchos and umbrella...we are only there 4 nights but feels like we’ll be gone 2 weeks!
    Last BC question before we head out tomorrow...do they sell stamps at the front desk or should I bring my own? Have a niece that collects post cards- need to send her a few. This site has been so helpful!!! Can’t wait to see BC for the first time!!

Best Aunt

"That's the best-est present ever!"
    I am at BCV for a few days. If anyone wants me to gather info on anything at YC/BC/BCV, let me know.

I hate my room but don’t have the energy to move. After I check out I will post details so others will have it. I made a room request hoping it would help prevent me from getting stuck in this room, but no such luck.

• wdwlver

Dis Veteran DVC member
    I am at BCV for a few days. If anyone wants me to gather info on anything at YC/BC/BCV, let me know.

I hate my room but don’t have the energy to move. After I check out I will post details so others will have it. I made a room request hoping it would help prevent me from getting stuck in this room, but no such luck.
    Checking in Saturday for nine days and would very much like to avoid your room lol. Don’t need room number obviously but can you let me know what particularly is a problem about this room? Thanks

Best Aunt

This may be old news, because I haven’t stayed in a studio in a long time. The sink is outside the room which has toilet and shower/tub. The electrical outlet next to the sink has a built in nightlight which cannot be turned off. You see the light when you are in bed.

Probably great if you are a four year old who is afraid of the dark.

Not so great if you are an adult who likes a dark room for sleeping.

If you sometimes use a sleep mask to block out the light when you sleep - bring it.

• MommaBerd

DIS Veteran
    Hi everyone! :wave: It’s been awhile since I posted here, but I have been checking in every now & then to see what’s new and happening.

I’m super excited about our upcoming trip. We’ll be staying at BCV and my brother and his family are joining us! We’ll be there Oct. 4-13. The funny thing is that we’ve owned at BCV since early 2017, but this is our first time actually staying in the Villas! In the past couple of years, we had some last-minute trips, and BCV was unavailable. So we stayed at OKW and AKL.

This will be my three nephews (5, 7, 9) first time at Disney, and my brother and sister-in-law’s first time back for a REAL trip in probably 20 years. (They went to *A* park - I think EPCOT - a few years ago, but that doesn’t count. 😉) All of us, my boys included, are really looking forward to watching their boys experience all of this for the first time! It just adds a little extra magic, I think.

Ecomommy09

Mouseketeer
    This may be old news, because I haven’t stayed in a studio in a long time. The sink is outside the room which has toilet and shower/tub. The electrical outlet next to the sink has a built in nightlight which cannot be turned off. You see the light when you are in bed.

Probably great if you are a four year old who is afraid of the dark.

Not so great if you are an adult who likes a dark room for sleeping.

If you sometimes use a sleep mask to block out the light when you sleep - bring it.
    I just tape some paper over it!

JessiMommy

DIS Veteran
    We'll be checking into the YC in 3 weeks. This will be a first stay at the Yacht/Beach Club for us. We have a Garden/Woods view booked and I was going to call and put a location request on my reservation. From reviewing other posts and doing some research I think we may like a view of the wedding gazebo. How would I word my request if I'd like to look toward EPCOT at the gazebo? (Instead of looking at the gazebo from the opposite side. Does that make sense?) To all you YC regulars: Is there a certain location in my category that you would recommend instead and why? We plan to use the path to EPCOT a lot as well as the pool. Thanks!

Last edited:

lmhall2000

May the road rise to meet you....May God hold you
    Eek...at airport, son forgot his medicine- is there a pharmacy that delivers?

ksromack

DIS Veteran

Oh no! We are in a BCV studio for 3 nights at the end of the month which is following a 4 night YC Garden view. I hope we aren't too disappointed although I did request a quiet pool room view. Can you PM me your room location? I didnt plan on doing online check in but I do have a note on my reservation as well as a touring plan room request (we aren't using points for the BCV stay).

Best Aunt

Oh no! We are in a BCV studio for 3 nights at the end of the month which is following a 4 night YC Garden view. I hope we aren't too disappointed although I did request a quiet pool room view. Can you PM me your room location? I didnt plan on doing online check in but I do have a note on my reservation as well as a touring plan room request (we aren't using points for the BCV stay).
    I was in BCV studio 325. Handicapped accessible, right near elevator. The elevator dings, elevator whirring and people chatting made me nuts. The layout of the room is different for accessibility purposes.

They were able to move me to a different studio. I think it had been pulled for repairs.

Connect

Disney News and Updates

Daily Updates and News

DISNEY WORLD RESORT GUIDES

DISNEY WORLD RESORT MAPS

DISNEY WORLD RESORT MENUS

DISNEY WORLD TICKETS

THEME PARK HOURS
    DISNEY WORLD VIDEOS