Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions Updated Info on Page 1 Post 1 & 13, 14

Hopefully

DIS Veteran

Haley R

With all the strength of a raging fire
What do you mean? The price? The price was $178.00, and then $49.97 for taxes and fees, for a total of $227.97.
Did you use Hotel Canary? I saw one earlier today for $142/night and it had YC, BC, BW, AKL, WL villas. I'm thinking that has to be AKL but not sure.

• Araminta18

DIS Veteran
    Did you use Hotel Canary? I saw one earlier today for $142/night and it had YC, BC, BW, AKL, WL villas. I'm thinking that has to be AKL but not sure.
    Yea, I used Hotel Canary. When I got YC, it only listed the Epcot resorts as possibilities. When it listed all of them like that, I got WL, but I'm no expert and no idea how to differentiate. I'd only book it if you're willing to stay at AKL.

G719

DIS Veteran
    DVC has offered this service to their members for years
    Just thought the person that told @tsme about the "new" grocery service may have been referring to this. Lots of people find out about something and it's new because it's new to them.

tsme

DIS Veteran
    Thx for the replies. I think the guy heard of this service and thought is applied to all resort guests. It’s always good to learn of new (or old) services.

• Minniemoo15

DIS Veteran
    My in-laws are staying at BC and we are at BCV... what would be a good room request to put on my in-laws reservations to have them as close to the villa side as possible?

Christine9125

DIS Veteran
    I have a room booked for myself and a room for a friend and her bf. He will be on a scooter. We have club level rooms booked, will they fit in the rooms with 2 queen beds do you think or should we request a king bed for them?

wmoon

DIS Veteran
    We are not that long back from our Christmas and New Year stay.

I thought I’d come on first to say thanks for all the invaluable info on here that helped make our trip fabulous.

We stayed the first 5 nights at the contemporary in a theme park view room then moved over to a garden view room at beachclub.

We had requested a day bed, high floor and to be on the same side as the volleyball court. We ended up in room 2583. It had everything we had asked for and a full balcony, I will try to upload a picture of the view later. It was fairly close to the lobby and I don’t know if it’s just me but I loved walking down the little staircase into the lobby each day, it felt very princessy.

The room itself was nice but my goodness the toilets are noisy and the soundproofing is not great. Mousekeeping was fine but not proactive with providing things like extra toiletries although they were always left when we asked.

We found the marketplace to be pretty busy most of the time and I was a little disappointed in the bakery selection, the yacht club marketplace had better choice. I did love the clam chowder though.

The location was great especially over new year and we had a nice stay. The buses were fine, a couple of times we had just missed a bus and had a longer wait but nothing crazy.

Having now stayed in the beach and yacht club I can firmly say my heart lies in the yacht club camp and if we return to the Epcot resorts that’s where we will stay.

Nothing wrong with the beach club but I prefer the decor and quieter feel of the yacht club and I liked their christmas colour scheme better, the carousel as lovely as it was has a very strong smell that I did get a little fed up with.

natebenma

Beach Club Dee
    I didn't take many photos of the room, and not the best quality but I do have a few. I was a king bed with sleeper sofa.
    Here is a pic of the view - I believe if you went out on the porch you could probably see the fireworks. I only surmise that because one night I watched them from the boat dock and sort of tried to visually line up from the room if that makes sense :)

The pictures are perfect!

Thanks!

:thumbsup2
    So, I am trying to finally catch up on the thread. I saw the pictures when you first posted them, but now as I am going to copy them to add to the Room/View thread, I don't see them. Is it me??? I did change browsers.

Would you mind reposting or possibly emailing the photos to me beachclubdee at yahoo.

Thanks!

Dee

:goodvibes

• natebenma

Beach Club Dee
    Page 1369

So sorry I have taken so long to give you all a welcome greeting!

We are booked to stay in BC from Jul 13-17, split stay with Poly after. We booked a standard view room right now. Hoping a better discount would be out later but we’re excited! First time staying at BC!
    :welcome:

I'll add you to the Be Our Guest list we keep on Page 1, Post 15.

:cool1:

There is also discount on stays! I think I’m going to switch to YC!
    Noted!

Us too, we’re doing the same split in August, 4 days BC and the 4 at Poly. We’ve been to Poly the last few years, but wanted to try BC to make it easy when going to Epcot and we have to check out Stormalong Bay. Poly is like home to us but we wanted to mix it up this year! Have fun planning!

I'll add you to the list.

Please let us know if you have any questions.

:woohoo:

OMG. STORY OF MY LIFE. SO over it! YOu are not alone in this! I am so sick and tired of hearing it as well and have also stopped posting on FB. I too get super excited to see anyone go to Disney (or for anywhere else for that matter). I wish people felt the same for us. Just had to let you know that we are in the same boat as you! Us Dis freaks must stick together!
    :welcome: to posting on this thread!

Glad we can all celebrate our love for Disney and upcoming trips here, safe from ridicule!

::yes::

Last edited:

natebenma

Beach Club Dee
    Page 1370

I was just able to switch from the Swan to YC for DS 16th Birthday Trip in June with the 40% off AP rate. I am beyond excited to be staying at our favorite resort again!!! So much to catch up on again! (Yes, I promise to read the first few pages first :rotfl2:)
    :welcome: back!!!

So glad you are returning to the YC- I have found the Yacht & Beach Club are awesome resorts for teen trips.

I'll add you to the list.

:cool1:

Can any of you expirenced StormAlong Bay goers help me out? We Are considering BC for part of a split stay, but I’m a little worried about the pool. To be clear, it looks AMAZING, I’m just worried about safety. Is it so big I’ll loose sight of my kids in the water? They are 7, 10, and 12, they can all swim, but I get a little nervous around water. I! :)

When is your trip?

As others have indicated, the pool is divided into 3 (4 if you count the slide) separate areas. If you are planning on being in the water with them, and everyone stays in the same section, you shouldn't have a problem keeping track of everyone. However when you are in the lazy river section, you may need to work a little harder to keep from getting separated from one another. If you are watching from the sidelines, try to find a seat that looks over the swimming area where they are, or just stand at the edge. If they are hanging out at the volleyball net or the activities pool, no problem.

And there are lots of lifeguards spread out all around to help ensure the safety of everyone in the pools.

:fish:

We just returned from a stay that ran 12/20-12/27. We were able to get discounted AP rates from 12/20-12/24, so for 5 of 8 nights. For our 12/20-12/23 stay in a deluxe CL room at WL, the discount was substantial (saved us $1,087 over three nights), but for the BC 1BR suite we stayed in 12/23-12/27, it was only around 10% ($100/night for two nights). I think the lower discount has to do with the fact that we stayed in a suite though, because we got the same % off when we rebooked for the same dates next year in the same BC 1BR suite...the fine print of the Bounceback offer we used states that suites "may be offered at a lesser discount" or something like that.

I'm not sure whether there are any official Disney-offered discounts for the dates between Christmas and New Year's Day, other than free dining if your trip starts by the last day that free dining is offered. I think I've read that you can get them through travel agencies, but when I checked about our dates, none of them had any discounts for the dates or room categories we wanted to book.

HTH! :)
    Thanks for the info.

If I am reading your post correctly, it looks like I should add you back to the Be Our Guest list for December.

:dogdance:

We’ll be trying YC for the first time as part of a split stay. I just booked a standard room to save a few bucks. Any suggestions for room requests in this category?

When is your stay?

For a standard view room, you will either be facing the front entrance parking lot or you will be overlooking rooftops.

In my opinion, you should request features of the room that are important to you:

Not all rooms have a daybed, so if you need extra sleeping space, you should put in a request for that.

Do you prefer an upper or lower floor?

Do you want to be close to an elevator or the lobby/transportation/pool?

Staying at an EPCOT resort has been on my bucket list for a while! So has a trip with just my husband and me! Unfortunately he's not a huge Disney fan! Since the birth of our grandson that's changed a bit because experiencing Disney through the eyes of the most precious toddler on earth changes things a bit! We're taking him on our annual Nanny, Grumps and NoNo trip this month and staying at the Poly. Then yesterday FD happened and I was finally able to book a room at YC. No time for me to research the resorts.

I had BWI in my cart when the system kept crashing, when I looked again it wasn't available. I snagged a room without a view at Yacht Club and finished the transaction! I hope it was a good choice! Now I've just got to find the perfect time to tell him!
    Congrats on your booking and :welcome:

Let us know if we can help you with your trip- when are you visiting?

hereforthechurros

Here for the spring rolls too
    Yea, I used Hotel Canary. When I got YC, it only listed the Epcot resorts as possibilities. When it listed all of them like that, I got WL, but I'm no expert and no idea how to differentiate. I'd only book it if you're willing to stay at AKL.
    Hotel Canary hasn’t been working for me. Was it working for you recently?

Araminta18

DIS Veteran
    Hotel Canary hasn’t been working for me. Was it working for you recently?
    I haven't used it since I booked, which was about a month ago, so can't help unfortunately. But there's a thread called "Priceline Express Deals" and I think people on there have been having it work for them.

hereforthechurros

Here for the spring rolls too
    I haven't used it since I booked, which was about a month ago, so can't help unfortunately. But there's a thread called "Priceline Express Deals" and I think people on there have been having it work for them.
    Thanks for the tip I’ll search for that thread :)

hammie59

DIS Veteran
    Page 1370

When is your stay?

For a standard view room, you will either be facing the front entrance parking lot or you will be overlooking rooftops.

In my opinion, you should request features of the room that are important to you:

Not all rooms have a daybed, so if you need extra sleeping space, you should put in a request for that.

Do you prefer an upper or lower floor?

Do you want to be close to an elevator or the lobby/transportation/pool?

Thanks for your reply. A few days after my post I ended up switching over to BC and adding a day. Standard room as well. I was going to just do 2 of the offered requests that they give you online [full balcony, highest floor]. However, I didn't realize not getting a couch would be an issue. I may have to call and request that because we need the extra bed. After looking up rooms on TP, I'm surprised highest floor is even an option. We aren't staying CL. We are going 1st week of Aug.

Connect

Disney News and Updates

Get Daily Email Updates

DISNEY WORLD RESORT GUIDES

DISNEY WORLD RESORT MAPS

DISNEY WORLD RESORT MENUS

DISNEY WORLD TICKETS

THEME PARK HOURS
    DISNEY WORLD VIDEOS