Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions

I loved the Ginger Ale last time, any one know if they have Freestyle machines at BWI yet?

We were just there last week and the path is indeed clearly marked. There are makeshift "walls" up so there is really no way to get confused on the route. I'm grateful they didn't close the route during this construction work, but just beware that it's definitely a longer walk than normal!
Thanks so much! And to confirm, the detour starts past BWI?

There is a thread from this morning started by a poster who was refused entry to World showcase last night after EMH. She was trying to get back to Beach Club & was told by more than 1 CM that she could not enter WS to get to the International Gateway. She was told to take the monorail to TTC, then get a bus to BC. A group of others was also trying to get back. They were waiting for a bus to the Studios & were going to get back from there. That bus didn’t come so a different bus driver actually took them from the front of Epcot back to BC.

Wondering if anyone else has had any problems with this? Or any insight into why it is happening?

I didn't think that buses ran from TTC to resorts anymore.... at least the last time I checked, but maybe they've changed that now.
Seems very odd to me.

There is a thread from this morning started by a poster who was refused entry to World showcase last night after EMH. She was trying to get back to Beach Club & was told by more than 1 CM that she could not enter WS to get to the International Gateway. She was told to take the monorail to TTC, then get a bus to BC. A group of others was also trying to get back. They were waiting for a bus to the Studios & were going to get back from there. That bus didn’t come so a different bus driver actually took them from the front of Epcot back to BC.

Wondering if anyone else has had any problems with this? Or any insight into why it is happening?

Exiting through the IG has never been an issue. The directions on how to get back are totally wrong! Buses do not run from TTC and, further, when I read the thread you mentioned, it noted MK was closed so no buses from there either.

I didn't think that buses ran from TTC to resorts anymore.... at least the last time I checked, but maybe they've changed that now.
Seems very odd to me.

There are no buses from TTC any longer and I read the thread--MK was closed so no buses from there either. Clearly a case of a misinformed and poorly trained CM. There was speculation that there MAY HAVE BEEN something going on at the IG that prevented exiting from there--if so, poor communication to the guests and even poorer directions from those directing the guests.

Last edited:

I'm so excited to hear about the Coke Freestyle machines at BC! I don't really drink soda, but especially in the last 2 months I've only drank water, coffee, or tea. I get the mug as part of my free dining plan, but was trying to figure out how I could get any use out of it. I will definitely use it for flavored water!

Just got to our room. Got one of my two room requests.
There’s quite a bit of resort work going on right now. No warning of this other than from the boards. It’s kind of noisy and disappointing honestly.
There is a note in the room about the work being done however.

Just got to our room. Got one of my two room requests.
There’s quite a bit of resort work going on right now. No warning of this other than from the boards. It’s kind of noisy and disappointing honestly.
There is a note in the room about the work being done however.
I’ve read LOTS of negative reviews on TripAdvisor lately. Most about the construction and transportation. I’m a little upset because they never said they would be doing all of this work at bc. We stayed at Coronado in July and got a special set of pins since they are doing construction. I read bc isn’t doing this which is a bummer.

I’ve read LOTS of negative reviews on TripAdvisor lately. Most about the construction and transportation. I’m a little upset because they never said they would be doing all of this work at bc. We stayed at Coronado in July and got a special set of pins since they are doing construction. I read bc isn’t doing this which is a bummer.

To top it off the large slide was out of commission today and they say it MAY be open tomorrow but “no guarantees”.

I’ve been so looking forward to staying here for the last 5 years and I’ve been so disappointed since checking in. I’m so bummed.
Our room was gross. Hair in the night stand and snot on the door and walls of the bathroom.
We went down to ask about getting it cleaned and they apologized and said it would be taken care of and that we’d get fast passes to make up for it.
We got neither.
So I am cleaning the room myself.

There is also dried nail polish on every surface and the room is run down.

Like I said, I’m so disappointed. We are paying a lot to be here and after only staying at a value resort I expected more.
The kids love the pool though so I guess that helps.

To top it off the large slide was out of commission today and they say it MAY be open tomorrow but “no guarantees”.

I’ve been so looking forward to staying here for the last 5 years and I’ve been so disappointed since checking in. I’m so bummed.
Our room was gross. Hair in the night stand and snot on the door and walls of the bathroom.
We went down to ask about getting it cleaned and they apologized and said it would be taken care of and that we’d get fast passes to make up for it.
We got neither.

Like I said, I’m so disappointed. We are paying a lot to be here and after only staying at a value resort I expected more.
Wow that sounds horrible! I will NOT be happy if the slide is closed when we are there. Hopefully it was just closed for today. All of the room issues sound gross, too. It's pretty bad that they said they would come clean it and offered FPs and you got neither. If you have time, I would go to the front desk and ask if the manager is there to speak with or at least someone higher up.

The slide was closed a few times over the weekend, but I think it was mostly weather-related. Once DH was about three steps from the top when they closed it and sent everyone back down the stairs. He was less than thrilled.

Luckily, our room at YC was spotless, cleaned and restocked daily, and all while we were out at the parks in the afternoon. We slept in each morning, then had some SAB time, and I think the earliest we left for a park was 11am or thereabouts. No housekeeping or security intrusions while we were in the room.

We did have spotty AK bus service once, around 1pm on Sunday afternoon. The app and signage didn’t list an arrival time when we got to the stop, so we suspected getting a bus was going to be an issue. It took 45 minutes. We were really close to getting an Uber, but I hate paying for transportation that’s supposed to be included. And I didn’t want to leave the stop to find a CM and complain, because Murphy’s Law says that’s exactly the moment when the bus would finally arrive...

We got neither.

I don't blame you...I would be severely disappointed as well. That is completely unacceptable. Not only for your room to be in the condition it was, but for them to promise something and not deliver. I would be complaining to the GM of the hotel. I hope the rest of the trip looks up for you.

I don't blame you...I would be severely disappointed as well. That is completely unacceptable. Not only for your room to be in the condition it was, but for them to promise something and not deliver. I would be complaining to the GM of the hotel. I hope the rest of the trip looks up for you.

I did send an email to the GM that was listed on the letter that was in the room.
We got back Into the room kind of late and definitely didn’t want to deal with it then. We did end up having to call down for bedding for the sofa bed which they brought relatively quickly. He brought us like 7 pillow cases, multiple sheet sets, and 3 blankets. All we needed was the blanket for the sofa bed. So we got a giggle out of that.

There used to be a very sweet friendly older gentleman who held the doors and got you a taxi at the beach club lobby. He was very sweet and we remember him from many trips to the BC. Always putting a smile on peoples faces. Anyone know if he is still there? We are heading there in April.

There used to be a very sweet friendly older gentleman who held the doors and got you a taxi at the beach club lobby. He was very sweet and we remember him from many trips to the BC. Always putting a smile on peoples faces. Anyone know if he is still there? We are heading there in April.

Are you talking about Art? If so, he retired in 2009.

beach-club-greeter.jpg

We got neither.

Im so excited to stay here but TBH im getting nervous with all this construction. I switched from AKL to beach club to avoid construction and pool closure and they informed me of that well ahead of time. I know resorts will have construction throughout the year but if its as disruptive as it sounds they should have warned guests. I'm sorry your trip isnt starting off well and I hope it gets fixed soon!

Just to help reduce further confusion. There is no "Construction" at the BC. They are currently completing Exterior painting and cleanup. Last week they were working in the drive portico and the Crescent Lake side, with buckets and scaffolding along sections of building near Cape May. The work is primarily scheduled from 9 AM - 5 PM.

Dave

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter