Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions Updated Info on Page 1 Post 1 & 13, 14

Hopefully

DIS Veteran
The real killer for me is waiting for Fireworks shows... Between arthritic knees and back, it's pretty bad. I've often wondered about those canes you can get with a little fold down seat. Not for long time use, but might be better than living on ibuprofen and Tylenol but a pain to carry around all day....:tilt:
Hey, I was wondering about those canes with fold down seats, too! Someone gave me one as a gag gift before I had a bad back. Now I wonder if I could take it to Disney World as long as I don't try to take it on a ride.
Canes with folding seats are not allowed in the parks

• KIDS FREE DINING Offer This Summer at Walt Disney World Resort!
    Book through February 26, 2020 for arrivals most nights May 25 through August 28, 2020.
    Click Here for Details

• LilyWhitehouse

Earning My Ears
    At BC. Been up since about 5am listening to painting contractors (I face the valet, 4th floor (of five - 2 rooms below me and club room above)). (While actual painting is quiet, the trucks aren’t - they are painting the high wood structures above the valet parking area, so trucks that extend up to lift the workers are moved into place and extended. And something that sounds like a generator runs at times. And the frequent truck back up beeping noise.)
    We had the same issue - stayed on 4th floor at BC from the 22nd to the 31st. I was SOO angry at the construction. Had I known in advance, I would have switched to Yacht Club. That and several other issues with the room caused me to give a low rating on the survey when we came home and they called me immediately and rectified the situation. I'm so glad that I spoke up. This was our 4th time staying at BC and the first time we've ever had a problem.

shoreward

DIS Veteran
    "Canes with folding seats are not allowed in the parks"

Rats!:guilty:
    During a recent trip to WDW, I saw four adults walking in a park (I forgot which one), who each had a cane with the small attached seat. I told them I didn't know that you could bring those in the parks, and they said it was no problem. They obviously passed through security without any issues. For what it's worth, I would characterize the group as "seniors."

It can be difficult for those who have back, knee, and other orthopedic issues to stand for long during parades and fireworks, so I imagine being able to use one of those canes can be quite useful.

• jlundeen

Mickey Fanatic
    During a recent trip to WDW, I saw four adults walking in a park (I forgot which one), who each had a cane with the small attached seat. I told them I didn't know that you could bring those in the parks, and they said it was no problem. They obviously passed through security without any issues. For what it's worth, I would characterize the group as "seniors."

It can be difficult for those who have back, knee, and other orthopedic issues to stand for long during parades and fireworks, so I imagine being able to use one of those canes can be quite useful.
    Thanks, Shoreward.... I guess I'd qualify as a "senior" since I'm retired, and also have bad back, and knees.... so, I wonder who would know the official word... I'll try guest services... the worst they can say is "no they aren't allowed" but it seems that if some are using them, maybe it's not enforced. :D

cocoabean1

DIS Veteran
    We had the same issue - stayed on 4th floor at BC from the 22nd to the 31st. I was SOO angry at the construction. Had I known in advance, I would have switched to Yacht Club. That and several other issues with the room caused me to give a low rating on the survey when we came home and they called me immediately and rectified the situation. I'm so glad that I spoke up. This was our 4th time staying at BC and the first time we've ever had a problem.

Didn't they redo the BC a few years ago? It needs painting already!! No wonder the prices keep going up!

Hopefully

DIS Veteran
    Thanks, Shoreward.... I guess I'd qualify as a "senior" since I'm retired, and also have bad back, and knees.... so, I wonder who would know the official word... I'll try guest services... the worst they can say is "no they aren't allowed" but it seems that if some are using them, maybe it's not enforced. :D
    https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/faq/parks/restricted-personal-items/
    This FAQ states folding chairs are not allowed, not specifically canes with chairs. But they are less steady than a chair. I have read reports of them not being allowed, but I di not have personal experience.

Last edited:
  • focusondisney

DIS Veteran
    Thanks for posting the September activity schedule, Dee. I’m happy to see the changing of the guard listed. They weren’t doing it when we were there in April. I think it’s a really fun part of the day & make sure the see it at least once when we’re there.

Only 5 more sleeps!! :cool1:

gillep

DIS Veteran
    https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/faq/parks/restricted-personal-items/
    This FAQ states folding chairs are not allowed, not specifically canes with chairs. But they are less steady than a chair. I have read reports of them not being allowed, but I di not have personal experience.
    I have seen quite a few posts on the Disabilities board over the years of these not being allowed, and that those that have gotten past security with them have been told that they can't use them when CMs see them in use in the parks, it is also the general consensus that they are not stable enough for use in the crowds at WDW, and I believe I have even read of one person breaking an arm while using one when the thing fell over underneath them.

jlundeen

Mickey Fanatic
    Thanks to all who responded about the canes w/seat. I have written to guest services to ask for the official word, and will share with the group when they reply.

I can see both sides of this, and only wish there was a better solution for those of us with "issues," but not severe enough to require EVC, rollater or wheelchair.

Cluelyss

DIS Veteran
    And speaking of the detour, is the new path pretty clearly marked? I’ve seen pictures of the new route, but I’m pretty directionally challenged and want to make sure it will tell me where I’m going. LOL

hdrolfe

DIS Veteran
    Kiddo doesn't like anything carbonated, so the mug is not usually of value for us, though we get them with the dining plan of course, when we get that. I see that Beach Club has the coke freestyle machines, that includes dasani flavored water? And I think some fruit punch and lemonade? I googled coke freestyle machines but have never used one before so just wanted to check! That would be a game changer for kiddo. Thanks!

Connect

Disney News and Updates

Get Daily Email Updates

DISNEY WORLD RESORT GUIDES

DISNEY WORLD RESORT MAPS

DISNEY WORLD RESORT MENUS

DISNEY WORLD TICKETS

THEME PARK HOURS
    DISNEY WORLD VIDEOS