Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions

I'm really far behind here. Thank you for updating us on Teena. I'm so excited to hear you'll be going on your first Disney cruise. You will love it and the Fantasy is our favorite ship. Have fun!

Has anyone who has stayed on the newly furnished Yacht Club club level rooms had any problems with the in-room WiFi? The signal is so weak it keeps disconnecting or doesn't connect at all. This is on all apple and android devices, so I know it's not our device. When we go in the hallway or are in the club lounge it works fine. Unfortunately they said all they can do is put in a ticket with their outside vendor to come out, but there's a good chance we will have checked out before it ever get resolved. Apparently there's a router/modem that controls each block of rooms and ours is either bad or needs to be reset or needs a booster put on it. Very disappointing for a club level deluxe resort.

Very disappointing, especially as WDW expects everyone to have a smart device and use it your entire vacation. Unplugged is not something you can do there anymore with MDE and PhotoPass accounts. (learned the hard way that need to check it often to make sure you get all you photo's)

Hi Friends. Finally came back on our thread. It has been too difficult for me in the past. But after being recognized a lot at Disneyland in California this past week and having such a great time catching up with those BC guests 3000 miles away, I realized how much I missed you all. Still can't go back to Y&B though. I was on the boat from Hollywood Studios to the Boardwalk on a visit back with Lily and I started crying when it stopped at Y&B ....I miss my Florida life so very much. I still really dislike living in Vegas ...so hot, dry, dirty and ugly. Brown everywhere, but I need to be there with my girls and if I had stayed alone in Florida it would have not worked well ...for instance...I just had another kidney stone surgery and it would have been hard doing that alone. But my heart is still in Florida! When Lily and I land in Orlando, we both yell, "green and water!!" Been back a lot to WDW....mostly with Lily but a few times with my friend, Diann, from PA. I'v been super lucky and gotten to spend time with Shoreward on some of my trips back. Lily calls her "my big Disney friend". Jeanne, Lily and I will be going to Aulani before Christmas and are super excited. And Dee and I will be on the Fantasy in September. Also looking forward to my trip "home" in October with my buddy Diann because a bunch of the DIS ladies will be there the same time and we are all meeting up. Lily got her first grade school calendar ....yep ...she is going into first grade already. I quickly booked 3 WDW trips for us ...one December 31st for 6 nights (Music), one in February for 5 nights (Animal Kingdom Savannah view) and one in March for 6 nights (the Cabins). We are allowing Jeanne to come along in March...gotta let her come once in a while but she puts a damper on our trips ...imagine her not happy about lily and I having Dole Whip for breakfast. So, I hope to run into some of you during my many trips "home". I miss you all and feel so blessed to have made so many friends from my years at the Beach Club. Keep an eye out for me and Lily ...she still has a head full of blond curls ...she is hard to miss! Bye for now. Hugs!

All checked in at YC CL if anyone has questions! Nice to see the globe back!

Hope you have a great trip!!! How did check in go? Did you go to the front desk? Would love to hear the nightly evening appetizers/desserts if you happen to check them out! Thank you!!!

So happy to
Hear from you!! BC/YC and this thread is not the same without you ! When in sept will you and Dee be cruising? Hoping it's the 23rd !!!

Well, I agree. When we get back to our hotel room after a long day, we all get onto our devices for a little while to relax and this is a big part of our day/vacation. We are not big television watchers but we all like to surf the web and if we didn't have Wi-Fi this would be a hugh disappointment.
Yep. We hardly ever turn the TV on while on vacation. But using the MDE app at night after the parks while relaxing in bed is something my kids and us enjoy. On day 2 now and still no WiFi in the rooms.

This is more of a magic band question, but we are staying at the BC. We booked last minute and our TA said to have magic bands shipped to the BC if I was concerned they wouldn't arrive to my house in time (it's 7/24 and we are leaving 7/31). She said this way we could still have them customized. When I went to look up the BC address, it said that since it's a convention hotel I would be charged for any 'shipments' that were addressed to me and that I would need to pick the package up at the convention center. I'm not sure if that's totally out of my way during check-in, but it sounds like one extra step I don't want to take after a long day of traveling and two kids that want to hop in the pool! Did anyone ever have their magic bands shipped to the hotel? Is there a better forum for asking magic band questions because I also want to know if I choose not to customize, will they just be waiting for me at check-in? And on MDE they are showing pre-selected colors for our bands...are those the actual colors I will get if I don't customize? I only ever picked up bands at the hotel one other time when we were there for a Pop Warner event and they were all grey bands because we couldn't customize through the group. I would be fine with the colors showing up on MDE, but don't want grey!

Busy morning/afternoon at Epcot and sadly storms just closed SAB so a good time to put our feet up for a bit. Thankfully got room ready notice while we were at lunch at via Napoli. Will try to take note of apps and evening offerings! Let me know if anyone wants me to check anything while here.

Absolutely, however they didn't seem to want to acknowledge that there was even a problem. Add to the fact we checked in at 10:15am, and as of 2:45pm housekeeping hadn't even touched our room yet. Finally got in at 3:30pm...
We had terrible wifi when we stayed in a BC room that was about as far from the lobby as you can get. It was annoying. And I can understand your frustration about having to wait so long after you arrived at the resort. We had arrived at the BC around 10:45am and our room wasn't ready until almost 3pm. You would have thought that they would have pushed our room up a little considering that we had already arrived at the resort.

So, I hope to run into some of you during my many trips "home". I miss you all and feel so blessed to have made so many friends from my years at the Beach Club. Keep an eye out for me and Lily ...she still has a head full of blond curls ...she is hard to miss! Bye for now. Hugs!
It is great to hear from you again, Teena. We are really looking forward to seeing you in October. We have missed every single one of your prior trips and I excited to finally be overlapping on this one. :)

If you wanted a fan in your room does Disney supply those?
I've heard that they will send a box fan up to your room if you request one.

Hi Friends. Finally came back on our thread. It has been too difficult for me in the past. But after being recognized a lot at Disneyland in California this past week and having such a great time catching up with those BC guests 3000 miles away, I realized how much I missed you all. Still can't go back to Y&B though. I was on the boat from Hollywood Studios to the Boardwalk on a visit back with Lily and I started crying when it stopped at Y&B ....I miss my Florida life so very much. I still really dislike living in Vegas ...so hot, dry, dirty and ugly. Brown everywhere, but I need to be there with my girls and if I had stayed alone in Florida it would have not worked well ...for instance...I just had another kidney stone surgery and it would have been hard doing that alone. But my heart is still in Florida! When Lily and I land in Orlando, we both yell, "green and water!!" Been back a lot to WDW....mostly with Lily but a few times with my friend, Diann, from PA. I'v been super lucky and gotten to spend time with Shoreward on some of my trips back. Lily calls her "my big Disney friend". Jeanne, Lily and I will be going to Aulani before Christmas and are super excited. And Dee and I will be on the Fantasy in September. Also looking forward to my trip "home" in October with my buddy Diann because a bunch of the DIS ladies will be there the same time and we are all meeting up. Lily got her first grade school calendar ....yep ...she is going into first grade already. I quickly booked 3 WDW trips for us ...one December 31st for 6 nights (Music), one in February for 5 nights (Animal Kingdom Savannah view) and one in March for 6 nights (the Cabins). We are allowing Jeanne to come along in March...gotta let her come once in a while but she puts a damper on our trips ...imagine her not happy about lily and I having Dole Whip for breakfast. So, I hope to run into some of you during my many trips "home". I miss you all and feel so blessed to have made so many friends from my years at the Beach Club. Keep an eye out for me and Lily ...she still has a head full of blond curls ...she is hard to miss! Bye for now. Hugs!

So good to see you popping in and posting here!

On Page 960 I posted the picture of you and Lily with your Dole Whips along with a little update and announcement about our upcoming cruise.

:sail:

Busy morning/afternoon at Epcot and sadly storms just closed SAB so a good time to put our feet up for a bit. Thankfully got room ready notice while we were at lunch at via Napoli. Will try to take note of apps and evening offerings! Let me know if anyone wants me to check anything while here.

Are they still serving Sangria at the club lounge?

This is more of a magic band question, but we are staying at the BC. We booked last minute and our TA said to have magic bands shipped to the BC if I was concerned they wouldn't arrive to my house in time (it's 7/24 and we are leaving 7/31). She said this way we could still have them customized. When I went to look up the BC address, it said that since it's a convention hotel I would be charged for any 'shipments' that were addressed to me and that I would need to pick the package up at the convention center. I'm not sure if that's totally out of my way during check-in, but it sounds like one extra step I don't want to take after a long day of traveling and two kids that want to hop in the pool! Did anyone ever have their magic bands shipped to the hotel? Is there a better forum for asking magic band questions because I also want to know if I choose not to customize, will they just be waiting for me at check-in? And on MDE they are showing pre-selected colors for our bands...are those the actual colors I will get if I don't customize? I only ever picked up bands at the hotel one other time when we were there for a Pop Warner event and they were all grey bands because we couldn't customize through the group. I would be fine with the colors showing up on MDE, but don't want grey!
I don't know about the pre-selected colors. Mine always show up gray until I change them. Last year we made a change last minute so they gave us a new magic band order. We customized them and they were at the front desk when we checked in.

We just booked rooms for next May. For my room, the confirmation says garden view, roll-in shower, two queens and a day bed. However, in my MDE account it says roll-in shower, one queen bed, a day bed and a sleeper chair, I booked a garden view, two queen, day bed and roll-in shower room last year but the actual room received was what appears in my MDE account. That room was in a great location. Would I be correct in assuming that the day bed, sleeper chair, one queen and roll-in shower is what we will actually get? That is fine with us but since there are not many roll-in shower rooms, I am also thinking that it might be the same actual room? And that would be very nice.

Hi Teena! It's so nice to have you back on here. I am grateful for all the wonderful advice and kinds words you always had. I think of you every time I go to Y & B. All the best to you & your beautiful family! Hugs

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter