Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions

Just curious if the bus stops for both the Yacht and Beach Club are still at the convention center? Any update would be appreciated. Thanks so much!

- manooly

Hopefully someone will be able to answer my question or point me in the right direction. My mom is coming with us, she has problems walking. She will be fine walking around the BC but she will have trouble walking to the boat or to the International gateway. Will the BC allow us to use a wheelchair to get to the IG, where we will get her an ECV? And will the IG allow us to take it back to the BC, where an employee will bring it back? (I think I read this somewhere) We really don't want to rent an ECV or a wheelchair from another company. We will be driving to AK and MK.

I know that I have seen wheelchairs for the public to use in the handicap section of the parking lot at Animal Kingdom.

What do you think??!!!

:rainbow::rainbow::rainbow::rainbow:

Hopefully someone will be able to answer my question or point me in the right direction. My mom is coming with us, she has problems walking. She will be fine walking around the BC but she will have trouble walking to the boat or to the International gateway. Will the BC allow us to use a wheelchair to get to the IG, where we will get her an ECV? And will the IG allow us to take it back to the BC, where an employee will bring it back? (I think I read this somewhere) We really don't want to rent an ECV or a wheelchair from another company. We will be driving to AK and MK.

I know that I have seen wheelchairs for the public to use in the handicap section of the parking lot at Animal Kingdom.

What do you think??!!!

It is my understanding that, because of various guest complaints, Disney resorts are/ have phased out wheelchair availability. I have never heard of an employee waiting to return w/c's to Epcot? And, at any rate you can not take them out of the theme park.
In general, as someone who has recently needed to use an ECV, I needed to rent from offsite to get to/ from the IG.
So, I believe the current answer to this question is no. You can not do what you hope.

What do you think??!!!

Just a heads up - they do not guarantee availability of ecv's at the parks. They only have a set number, and once rented, that's it. And I don't know if you have rented from Disney before, but the ones they have are very large and cumbersome.
Also, are they available at the IG? I know they have them at the front of the park, just haven't seen them at the gateway, but then again, I wasn't looking.
We rented from Buena Vista scooters for my mom our last trip. They have a portable model that is small, lightweight, and breaks down to fit in the trunk. It was super easy for her to use.
Perhaps the disabilities forum would be a better help.
Good luck, and have a great trip!!

thanks for the info- never thought about the disabilities forum!

:rainbow::rainbow::rainbow:

A tip in case you rent an ECV and do not have a room that the door stays open longer (handicapped accessible):
Bring with you a door stop to get the ECV in the room. It is very difficult for someone to stand and hold the door open while someone drives the ECV in. (I am speaking as the door holder whose foot was run over at least twice a day until we bought the door stop).
I do agree that renting from offsite is much better and the DISabilities thread is full of helpful folks.
Hope you have a wonderful stay.

What do you think??!!!

I agree with the others, you should consider renting an EVC off site. Not only are they way cheaper, they deliver to your resort and you'd have it for everything. And being at BC, you'll perhaps enjoy walking around the Boardwalk.
Also the parks can be more hilly than you realize. And the walk from BC to IG has quite a hill, difficult to push a wheel chair up.
I doubt thete are CMs that will to and fro wheelchairs from resort to park or boat. You are correct, they prob have wheel chairs in handicap parking lot to get people to the park entrance to rent their $$$$ Evcs.

page 583-584

A couple of requests for anyone who is there now, or will be there soon...

Status of YC/BC bus stops- last reports were YC was temporarily at convention center, for another week or so, no work at BC stop
Status of BCV construction- where are they working now?
Picture of toiletries upon checkin

THANKS!!!

Doing the single digit dance today!!!!:jumping1::cool1::banana::cool1::banana::jumping1:

Congrats on a big and exciting week for you!

:love::love:

Are all the studio rooms done at the beach club villias ???
We will be staying there in September

:welcome:

I'll add you to the Be Our Guest list we keep on Page 1.

As was already posted, the work on BCV is still in progress, but expected to be completed in late August/early September.

:cool1:

Hello All,

I will be staying at Beach Club, with 2 couples sharing a room.. With the photos of the rooms, it seems that the sink area to the restrooms, is open?
Is there any way to make the sink area more private? Do they have some sort of curtain you could close to make it more private, so that a few people could be getting ready or changing while someone else is in the restroom?
Has anyone ever brought something of their own to make a privacy screen?

Thanks!

I'll add you to the list. October 2017???

:cool2:

Love all the suggestions so far of bringing your own temporary screening to use between the sink/vanity area and the main room.

I have taken 4 non-family trips to Disney in the past few years. Two class trips and two trips with friends. Since I am an early riser, and I go out for resort walk and coffee, utilizing the lobby restrooms which are quiet and private at that time, helping to free up the facilities in the room.

::yes::

So I stated planning thinking we would stay pop for 3 nights. The back to school deal came out. Thought POR. Darn unavailable for the deal. So is pop. Wait what? The yatch club is only how much? OK let's put the deposit there.

So in one phone call I went from POP to Yacht.

Oh boy am I excited!

When is your trip?

:woohoo:

We will be staying at the Yacht Club in September. What are the toiletries (soap, lotion, shampoo, etc) we will find in our room (Garden or Woods view)? Are they generic or brand name? Do they replace used up items daily? Just curious to know and also we don't want to bring more health/beauty products then necessary.

:welcome: to this thread and posting on the DIS!

I'll add you to the Be Our Guest list.

:thumbsup2

Housekeeping will leave you more either automatically, or feel free to leave a note if you need more.

I have requested a recent picture/update of the toiletries currently available. I'll post a picture of what I have from a recent trip in a minute or so.

ETA: This was August 2014, standard (not CL) room
Shampoo, Conditioner, Shower Gel, Body Lotion

DSCF1124 - Copy.JPG

We checked out of Yacht Club this afternoon. Asked for and got a late 1pm check out. Later that 1 pm we were told a fee equal to half the rack rate would be charged and checkout would be extended until 4 pm. :scared1:

As we checked out, we received our first Happy Anniversary from the CM. No buttons on check in or any kind of acknowledgment we were celebrating.

All the CMs were very friendly. A special shout out to Robin at Ale and Compass. Have a great day off today and we will miss you!!!!

We had booked a standard room and indeed had the rooftop view at the very back end of the resort. The walk reminded me of the hike in Kidani over at Animal Kingdom but since we are ticking off snacks, it kept the steps/calories up to offset the great food.

We loved the pool and the location by Epcot. If Boardwalk Inn were not available I would choose Yacht Club over Beach Club simply due to the noise factor. Beach Club is WAY more rowdy. We were told they were between conventions and it was slower and quieter. The chance of conventions is the deciding factor in putting Boardwalk first.

Overall an enjoyable stay!

Relaxing at AKL for the rest of the week!

Happy Monday.

Liz

Thank you so much for sharing your review! Especially the late checkout info. I'll try to put together a post with helpful info, including your warning about the late fee!

:goodvibes

Last edited:
Morning all! Simple question:

Does the spa at Yacht Club have a manicure service? The fiance will be having her nails done for the wedding, and will likely have extensions that will need taking off by the time we get to Disney. I just thought if she could get it done there (or at the spa at the GF, we could work it into our break on a full MK day), it'd be ideal. :)

Also: Whats the deadline for ordering private dining for the fireworks cruises? We have a Wishes cruise booked for our last night but I havent ordered food yet. We pay for the cruise whilst we're there, is it the same for food, or is that paid for when ordering it?

Thanks!

Last edited:
Morning all! Simple question:

Does the spa at Yacht Club have a manicure service? The fiance will be having her nails done for the wedding, and will likely have extensions that will need taking off by the time we get to Disney. I just thought if she could get it done there (or at the spa at the GF, we could work it into our break on a full MK day), it'd be ideal. :)

Also: Whats the deadline for ordering private dining for the fireworks cruises? We have a Wishes cruise booked for our last night but I havent ordered food yet. We pay for the cruise whilst we're there, is it the same for food, or is that paid for when ordering it?

Thanks!

Getting ready for work, but wanted to quickly point you to Post 5 (Amenities) on Page 1. Some info about the spa services including a few reviews. Yes, they offer manicures and pedicures at the spa.

:goodvibes

Hi! I will be home at the Beach Club 28 days from today, but arriving at GF 4 days before that!

Will you still be at YC/BC on the 17th?

Rebecca

Hi Rebecca... We'll be at the BC from 8/10-8/15 then we're moving over to the BWI and will be there thru 8/18. We've never stayed there and the girls really wanted to try it so thanks to the agency exclusive deal, we were able to make the split.

We arrive at GF in 23 days! Same day as HockeyMom! Maybe our paths will cross! Safe travels.

Safe Travels!

DW is looking at spa options (pedicure, etc.). Any opinions of the one there?
I have gotten a manicure at the spa at Yacht Club, and it was fine...no better or worse than anywhere else. I also saw someone getting a pedicure and it looked heavenly (lots of massaging of the legs).

I've also had a massage and a sugar scrub polish/massage at the Mandera Spa over at Swan/Dolphin. It was quite enjoyable and calm. I can recommend it. Those are the only two services I can comment on as I have not done anything else at either spa/salon. I am not a spa guru by any means, so take that for what it's worth. :)

We absolutely LOVED the Yacht club! We have stayed at many WDW resorts - Value through villas and find it hard to compare anything to it. We are even considering buying a DVC Beach Club resale there! The pool itself is amazing and the location is the best - nicely situated between Epcot and Hollywood Studios! The nightlife of the board walk is great, however, the bus transportation was less than idea when we were there last fall. We had a split stay during the Wine & Dine race and stayed at Caribbean Beach where it was far better surprisingly. Thankfully we could walk to two of the parks or take the water taxi. Above all the resort itself overshadowed the bus situation!

Wheee! Now both tickers show us to be less than a month out!
But, does it drive anyone else crazy that when you change dates or resorts and post a new ticker, it may appear (as mine does) that your later vacation is closer than your earlier? What I mean is, if you look at the icons (Stitch and Donald) on my 2 tickers, it appears as if Donald is closer to his destination than Stitch, when it's actually the other way around, but because we fiddled a bit with our Poly dates, the Donald ticker started first.
Anyone else get bothered by this?
I know....1st world problems, but it drives me crazy!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter