• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney's Wilderness Lodge

julie007

Mouseketeer
Well we got booked for Mother's Day weekend at the Wilderness Lodge. I can't wait. Has anyone been to this one before? It is a courtyard view and not sure of the bed arrangements because it was thru Orbitz but we couldn't beat the price.

You should re-post this on the Disney Resorts forum. There is probably a FAQ with pictures. Most love Wilderness Lodge.

Well we got booked for Mother's Day weekend at the Wilderness Lodge. I can't wait. Has anyone been to this one before? It is a courtyard view and not sure of the bed arrangements because it was thru Orbitz but we couldn't beat the price.

:welcome: to the DISboards!

BTW, what WAS the "unbeatable" price?

I have not stayed at WL (I am a Polynesian Resort FREAK!) but my friend stayed there in February and just LOVED it.

There is a Travel Channel show about Wilderness Lodge (1/2 hour - Great Hotels). WL looked awesome. Keep checking this site: http://www.bartlett-sloan.net/tv/agenda.php3?modeagenda=soon to see if it plays before you go. It was just on last Sunday!

We drove up to WL while on the Magical Express. It was HUGE and beautiful. I think you will have a fabulous time!!!

You will love WL. It is the most relaxing resort I have ever stayed at.

$229 courtyard
are u kidding me? we are going the week of mothers day and are paying 360+ for courtyard, i wonder if theyd give us the 220 price, when we were there June 2006 we paid 180 a night which is shocking for a Deluxe in the summer.

We love the Wilderness Lodge!!! We have nothing but great things to say about this resort :) The lobby is absolutely stunning! Have a great vacation.

are u kidding me? we are going the week of mothers day and are paying 360+ for courtyard, i wonder if theyd give us the 220 price, when we were there June 2006 we paid 180 a night which is shocking for a Deluxe in the summer.

Not sure can you cancel what you have and try and rebook thru Orbitz? We are also going the weekend of Mothers day.

We love the WL! They refurbished all the rooms a few months ago and the lobby is breathtaking. Very woodsy feel -- not like you are in Florida at all, which we loved. Here are some pictures:

001_1.jpg

002_2.jpg

063_63.jpg

031_31.jpg

WL.jpg

We will be there in 4 weeks! can't wait. We have a courtyard room booked also at that great price. Disney was running a special of 35% off deluxes for May and orbitz also had the offer. Orbitz had much more availability than disney though. Glad to hear to got the great deal! We have stayed at WL before and just loved it there. So close to MK! Love the boat ride to MK. The rooms are all recently renovated and the pool too! Have a great time.

if you request Inner Courtyard, your view may resemble this, from room 6039:

DisneyOctober2004023.jpg

I have stayed at the Wilderness Lodge and The Polynesian.. I have to say that all though we had the conceirge at the Polynesian I enjoyed the Wilderness Lodge more..

I :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: the Wilderness Lodge

Going Oct. of next year staying deluxe club level at the wilderness lodge!

I have stayed at the Wilderness Lodge and The Polynesian.. I have to say that all though we had the conceirge at the Polynesian I enjoyed the Wilderness Lodge more..

Same here and I am a tropical nut. I thought that I would just love the Poly so so much. It surprised the heck out of me that I actually preferred the WL and missed the WL. We are going back to the WL this year. My husband claims that it is his happy place.

Meg

We did a split stay between Poly and WL, WL first, then Poly. We also preferred the WL, although we like the spaciousness of the Poly rooms more.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter