Disney's WILDERNESS LODGE Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone know the timeline for the remodel at WL? All I can find is 2017. We are taking our 21yr old dd in Sept and this will most likely be her last trip to Disney. The construction at WL when we were there in 2014 was very much a distraction and sometimes hard to motivate around with her. Trying to decide if we should change resorts for our Sept visit...but we love WL :)
Thanks for any additional info and sorry if this has already been discussed....just now getting back on the boards....
Thanks!

Do you happen to know whether or not you can use your refillable mug at TL to get coffee? My sister will be joining us in three weeks for her first stay at the WL and she is worried about getting her morning coffee now that Roaring Forks is closed during our trip. :coffee:

Humprey's Wilderness Lodge Facebook page reported that mugs can be used for coffee in Territory Lounge. There is a photo of the standard filter coffee flasks so you can help yourself in TL, here https://www.facebook.com/Unofficial...4715403012367/808446542639250/?type=3&theater.

Obviously espresso based beverages are not available in the mugs.

and of course Geyser Point offers coffee, tea and soda for refill mugs.

Does anyone know the timeline for the remodel at WL? All I can find is 2017. We are taking our 21yr old dd in Sept and this will most likely be her last trip to Disney. The construction at WL when we were there in 2014 was very much a distraction and sometimes hard to motivate around with her. Trying to decide if we should change resorts for our Sept visit...but we love WL :)
Thanks for any additional info and sorry if this has already been discussed....just now getting back on the boards....
Thanks!
As other threads have mentioned, the plan is open the new rooms and cabins (at least some of them) in July. Thus, the majority of construction will be finished. . .in theory. I don't know whether some parts of the new build will still be in progress, but it's likely.

I am curious of two things regarding the new CCV:

(1) I read on the TouringPlans website that people can start booking the rooms (from Disney as "hotel rooms") on March 21 (of course for stays starting with the summer open). Can anyone confirm that ?

(2) I realize there are a small number of studios expected in CCV. But each DVC resort has a laundry room. Will CCV has its own laundry room (in the main lodge building?) or will they be sharing the WVL laundry room ? So: where is the CCV laundry room ? We will be doing laundry during our December stay, so this will be an actual consideration for us.

If anyone going in the next little while can find out answers to either, that would be appreciated !!

SW

(1) I read on the TouringPlans website that people can start booking the rooms (from Disney as "hotel rooms") on March 21 (of course for stays starting with the summer open). Can anyone confirm that ?

(2) I realize there are a small number of studios expected in CCV. But each DVC resort has a laundry room. Will CCV has its own laundry room (in the main lodge building?) or will they be sharing the WVL laundry room ? So: where is the CCV laundry room ? We will be doing laundry during our December stay, so this will be an actual consideration for us.

If anyone going in the next little while can find out answers to either, that would be appreciated !!

SW

There is already a laundry room in the main lodge...It's kind of kiddy corner from Roaring Forks

SW
I did laundry in the BRV building in July. It was on the first floor down a hall to the left of the elevators.

Thanks!
To be honest, we really don't know what will be finished by September. There hasn't been any information about when the villas pool will be finished, for one thing. If you really don't want to stay at a resort that is under construction then you might want to pick a different one. We are staying at the WL in March in spite of construction. :)
Humprey's Wilderness Lodge Facebook page reported that mugs can be used for coffee in Territory Lounge. There is a photo of the standard filter coffee flasks so you can help yourself in TL, here https://www.facebook.com/Unofficial...4715403012367/808446542639250/?type=3&theater.

Obviously espresso based beverages are not available in the mugs.

and of course Geyser Point offers coffee, tea and soda for refill mugs.
Thank you so much for that information. I feel much better about our upcoming trip and my sister being happy with her first WL experience. It is also her first deluxe resort experience, so a lot depends on her liking it. :)

SW
I don't know the answer to any of your questions. But we will be at WL in three weeks from today and I will find out as much as I can. ::yes::

I did laundry in the CCV building in July. It was on the first floor down a hall to the left of the elevators.
The existing villas building, the one that is separate from the main lodge building, has been renamed Boulder Ridge Villas at Wilderness Lodge instead of the Villas of Wilderness Lodge. The Copper Creek villas will be the ones that are in the south wing of the WL. It is really confusing to have them name them like that. And I think it will cause a lot of confusion.

Only makes sense. Really no reason to have both Geyser Point and Trout Pass.

I don't think Geyser Point is that close though, it does make it more of a hike just to get drinks, but then maybe they will continue with waited service. The Polynesian continued with two pool bars, but then that is very definitly one for each pool, whereas Geyser Point is not that close to either pool, just sort of in the middle.

Also the Boulder Ridge pool is advertised as part of the Copper Creek sale, therefore I expect it will be open this summer

I don't think Geyser Point is that close though, it does make it more of a hike just to get drinks, but then maybe they will continue with waited service. The Polynesian continued with two pool bars, but then that is very definitly one for each pool, whereas Geyser Point is not that close to either pool, just sort of in the middle.
It's placement in the middle is why I thought they'd just do 1

There is already a laundry room in the main lodge...It's kind of kiddy corner from Roaring Forks

I know that one (near Roaring Forks) well and have used it many times.

But DVC gets free laundry, and the one near RF you have to pay to use (last time we were there I think it was $2 per load). So how will those staying in DVC rooms (CCV in this case) get free laundry in a paid laundry room ?

SW

Thank you ! :-)
I would ask Humphrey on Facebook. They answer a lot of questions and have breaking news way ahead of any other source, including here. I.e. It was just reported on DIS that Trout Pass is being converted to the salon. Humphrey reported that weeks ago.

The existing villas building, the one that is separate from the main lodge building, has been renamed Boulder Ridge Villas at Wilderness Lodge instead of the Villas of Wilderness Lodge. The Copper Creek villas will be the ones that are in the south wing of the WL. It is really confusing to have them name them like that. And I think it will cause a lot of confusion.
Sorry- that was what I originally had, but went back and edited because I confused myself. I should have just said the old VWL building!
That building has free laundry for DVC and is on the first floor to the left of the elevators- which is what I used last July.
Maybe by my trip at the end of June I will have the names figured out!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter