Disney's WILDERNESS LODGE Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
We just changed our ressie to a Deluxe club level room. Excited to try their club level. We've done club level at GF, Poly, BWI, YC, and BC in the past.

What floors are the deluxe rooms on? I have read that they don't have any on Floor 7.

I requested a higher floor. We shall see what I get. hahahaha

We just stayed in a Deluxe Room in November. To add to @Dave006's excellent info, here's a floor plan. This is the third floor but same concept for floors 1-6 as well. #1 and #2 are the two Deluxe Rooms on each floor. #3 is the North Wing elevator (the only elevator in the building open with current construction) and #4 is the CL lounge (but on the 7th floor obviously).

Happy to answer any other questions.

IMG_2476.JPG

Are there any food options (even just snacks) after midnight in June? Our first night is a very late arrival.

No. Only vending machines 24hrs. The only resorts that have food after midnight are the Polynesian and Grand Floridian.

I would suggest eating before you fly, eating on the plane, at the airport or stopping on route (if driving).

Personally as well I wouldn't want to eat after midnight as then can't sleep and get up early for a theme park day. Eating early before a flight and packing some snacks for later would be nicer in my opinion.

We just stayed in a Deluxe Room in November. To add to @Dave006's excellent info, here's a floor plan. This is the third floor but same concept for floors 1-6 as well. #1 and #2 are the two Deluxe Rooms on each floor. #3 is the North Wing elevator (the only elevator in the building open with current construction) and #4 is the CL lounge (but on the 7th floor obviously).

Happy to answer any other questions.

View attachment 215345

Thanks guys!

When we stayed at the GF CL we were in Sugarloaf, so we had to take the elevator for snacks and it wasn't that bad. Although the time we had a deluxe BWI CL room we were right across from the lounge, now that was perfect. ;)::yes:: . I actually got like 32% off with my passholder discount so it made it more attractive to dump the BWV we had booked. I hope I don't miss the Epcot location too much, but I do love club level.

GADisneyDad14,

Did you think the offerings were sufficient for the 5pm-7pm cocktail hour?
Do you think construction was an issue? We stayed at Poly two years ago when they were tearing the place apart and it didn't really bother us.
So we must have a view of the lake if I'm looking at the diagram correctly?

Last edited:
Thanks guys!

When we stayed at the GF CL we were in Sugarloaf, so we had to take the elevator for snacks and it wasn't that bad. Although the time we had a deluxe BWI CL room we were right across from the lounge, now that was perfect. ;)::yes:: . I actually got like 32% off with my passholder discount so it made it more attractive to dump the BWV we had booked. I hope I don't miss the Epcot location too much, but I do love club level.

GADisneyDad14,

Did you think the offerings were sufficient for the 5pm-7pm cocktail hour?
Do you think construction was an issue? We stayed at Poly two years ago when they were tearing the place apart and it didn't really bother us.
So we must have a view of the lake if I'm looking at the diagram correctly?

All good questions. I spent a ton of time trying to figure out the Deluxe Rooms prior to going so a lot of this is top of mind!

So I'm not going to lie, the WL Deluxe rooms are the furthest rooms you could possibly have from the lounge. The average walk was 2 minutes, 40 seconds. I was on the third floor. You'd save a few seconds of elevator time on a higher floor, but not much.

It will be a different experience for you than what you had at GF SL and BWI given the distance, I suspect.

Lounge Offerings: Loved them. Fantastic. The new lounge was great. I've stayed at several CLs and I'd rate this as the best overall food offerings we've experienced, tied maybe with BC CL.

Construction opinions are very subjective, but I thought it was a total non-issue (although obviously construction changes over time as well). The only 'annoying' part was the fact that the lobby elevators were closed. It would be easier/more effecient to go from lobby to CL lounge if they were running. I also stayed at Poly several times during their construction. WL was much different, in a good way.

As far as the views from the Deluxe Rooms, yes, you are facing the lake EXCEPT there are very tall/thick trees between the building and the water. You have glimpses of the lake but it's more trees than water. The view looks better on an aerial than it is in person, to be honest.

I posted a bunch about the Deluxe Rooms and new lounge (with pics) on the Club Level thread. If you go back to around 11/28/16, you'll find them. I did it over several days so my posts aren't all together. If you read those posts, you'll see I wasn't exactly a big fan of the Deluxe Rooms. Please don't let one person's opinion impact your opinion. We just happen to be "close to the lounge" kind of people and the distance to the lounge didn't fit with the way we like to enjoy CL.

Sorry for the long post. Happy to answer any other questions!

I have a question about renting dvc points to stay in the wilderness lodge dvc. Since they are readying the whole north wing into dvc units, will it be possible to get a studio in the main building if we are staying in September? Would we need to request a main building room?

I have a question about renting dvc points to stay in the wilderness lodge dvc. Since they are readying the whole north wing into dvc units, will it be possible to get a studio in the main building if we are staying in September? Would we need to request a main building room?

Most likely no.

South Wing is DVC units, and I believe they don't plan to have those done until 2019.

EDIT: I apparently jumped a year...They probably won't be done until 2018...

Last edited:
Hey WDWKOOK! We're coming home!!!! The first part of our June trip will be 4 glorious days at our WDW Home............The Wilderness Lodge. We'll be there from June 21st to June 24th. The last part of our split stay extravaganza is a few days at POP Century (more of a look for a future trip :) )

Please add us to the list. :D

Doug :goofy:

Does anyone know if the studios at the villas have a laundry basket to transport clothes to the laundry room (or should I ask this on the BRV thread)? Thanks, in advance.

As another mentioned, it's the south wing where the renovation is occurring (i.e., the side where the Guest Services desk and the Mercantile are located). The original plan called for them to be finished by late 2017, but it's not often Disney construction meets time expectations. My guess is it will be early 2018 before those rooms are ready. Regardless, I'd be shocked if they're ready to go by this September.

Does anyone know if the studios at the villas have a laundry basket to transport clothes to the laundry room (or should I ask this on the BRV thread)? Thanks, in advance.
They don't. . .unless they changed that within the last year. Also, if you do have questions about the Villas (many of which the very knowledgeable people here could likely answer), please feel free to come over to the other thread. Just be aware it's still listed as (and always shall be under my watch ;)) being VWL Lovers. pirate:

Thanks! I think we are going to go with a normal room this time. I wanted to wait and price everything out with the fall discounts, but I think since we have 4 people the free dining is a better option for us anyway, and you can't get that with dvc

They don't. . .unless they changed that within the last year. Also, if you do have questions about the Villas (many of which the very knowledgeable people here could likely answer), please feel free to come over to the other thread. Just be aware it's still listed as (and always shall be under my watch ;)) being VWL Lovers. pirate:
Thank you! I am following a thread about the construction at the villas. Is that the one you are referring? I want to make sure I am following all the WL ones.

Thank you! I am following a thread about the construction at the villas. Is that the one you are referring? I want to make sure I am following all the WL ones.
I believe there is a separate thread titled something along the lines of Construction Updates at BRV or the like. However, the thread to which I refer is the VWL Groupies & Lovers thread which is more of the pull up a rocker, relax, and set a spell type. We do post a fair amount of pictures, try to keep up-to-date information on the new construction, and obviously know VWL well. However, our general vibe is one of sharing friendships, stories, trip experiences, and the like. It's a relaxed thread full of nice folks if you have a hankerin' to stop by. :thumbsup2

I believe there is a separate thread titled something along the lines of Construction Updates at BRV or the like. However, the thread to which I refer is the VWL Groupies & Lovers thread which is more of the pull up a rocker, relax, and set a spell type. We do post a fair amount of pictures, try to keep up-to-date information on the new construction, and obviously know VWL well. However, our general vibe is one of sharing friendships, stories, trip experiences, and the like. It's a relaxed thread full of nice folks if you have a hankerin' to stop by. :thumbsup2
I'll head there now!

Wow, this is an awesome thread! We are staying at WL for the first time this fall (Sept. 17-22). It will be just my youngest (who's 8) and me for a special mommy/son trip and I can't wait! I've been doing my homework and trying to figured out what room to request. We have a courtyard view booked. From what I can tell, the following look like good options for a pool/lake view: 5145, 5147, 5149, 5151, 5153, 5155, 5157, 5159 (or I suppose the same rooms but on the 4th floor). Does anyone have personal experience staying in any of these? Am I hitting the mark as far as location?

PS: If there is already a thread on courtyard view rooms that someone could point me to that would be great! I tried searching but didn't find anything specific on that topic. Thanks! :)

How long will the outdoor movies, cookout, marina be gone for? Also, does a 2 year old count towards room count? Thanks

How long will the outdoor movies, cookout, marina be gone for? Also, does a 2 year old count towards room count? Thanks
No one knows just how long the outdoor movies, s'mores campfire activities, and the marina/bike rental will be down. Certainly, they won't return until almost all (if not all) construction is done, and that could last into 2018. In fact, there's no guarantee that the outdoor movies and campfire will return at all given that the beach where those activities took place is now occupied by a large building housing the new restaurant. I believe you're able to have an extra in a room if the child is under 3, but I'm sure someone who has kids that age will know for sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter