Disney's WILDERNESS LODGE Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay, so I'm one of those weirdos that even though our vacation is all booked and paid for and set in stone, I still go in and check availability at the resort...just to see! We leave in just under a month for a 7-night stay. As of now, all the standard room categories are still available to book for my dates--CL rooms are booked up.

With only half the resort even open, I was surprised to see that much availability at such a late date! Are there really that few people staying here? Or is this just typical for WL?

BTW--this even further confirms my decision to switch from Coronado! There's not a single open room to be had there for my dates--I'm guessing that place is going to be packed!

With only half the resort even open, I was surprised to see that much availability at such a late date! Are there really that few people staying here? Or is this just typical for WL?
The availability is most likely due to construction. WL is usually pretty full.

I think you will enjoy the fact that the buses won't be crowded. :)

YAY for COBBLER!!! Love that you were called and got confirmation that you're going to receive a warm welcoming. There have been many WDW cutbacks in staff and hours, including CL.

Would it be possible for you to ask a friendly OFC CM about a time estimate for the grand opening of the new OFC lounge? I know we're going to see great photos from you:)

:goodvibes

I will happily ask about progress on the new OFC lounge, and of course I love having a vacation photo mission! :goodvibes

FREE NIGHTLIGHT - We'll be traveling 10/26 - 11/01 - If you would like me to leave this for you please let me know!

Have they taken the clocks out of the rooms? Do I need to pack one?

Yes, I'm old fashioned and need to be able to see a clock from across the room while getting ready or rolling over in bed. Don't want to rely on my phone!

Yes, I'm old fashioned and need to be able to see a clock from across the room while getting ready or rolling over in bed. Don't want to rely on my phone!
Yes, they have taken the clocks out of the resort rooms. You can call Housekeeping to request one, but we've been bringing a small battery powered clock. I like to see the clock across the room, too. :)

Yes, they have taken the clocks out of the resort rooms. You can call Housekeeping to request one, but we've been bringing a small battery powered clock. I like to see the clock across the room, too. :)

We started taking a very small (and very GOOD) digital clock from Amazon - about Nov 2015.....

This goes into our checked bag - in it's original box. We thought about an old school windup. We then REThought this - wind up clock in checked bag? ummmmm - NO. NOT these days.... If a wind up clock in a checked bag was NOT a TSA trigger? It probably SHOULD be.

I love these pics! We are still on the fence between GF and here, but this makes me feel so at home! By the time we go (prayers my husband is healthy this time) it will have been 3.5 years since our last trip!

Thank you for posting about your stay:)

No curtain is needed, (as @Wood Nymph posted), since there is a door to the shower/toilet and a wall between the bed and the sink area.

PINK ARROWS POINT TO SINK AREA:
View attachment 181279

View attachment 181280

BED ON OTHER SIDE:
View attachment 181281

SINK BEHIND OPEN DOOR:
View attachment 181282

How exciting! I'll add your dates to POST 1 and let us know if you have any questions.

Great little TR, thanks! I think one issue with the WiFi is "in-room" Vs. "resort." I completely forgot to mention to you that the in-room WiFi is always much slower than the common area/resort connections and I'll bet the 4th floor area is connecting through the in-room. I believe you can go into your WiFi settings and choose "resort" instead, at least I used to be able to do that. But, you figured out a better way is to remain in the lower/lobby WiFi areas and the VWL lobby area is a great place to relax and it's seldom crowded.

Congratulations on booking for November and I hope it's a longer stay:)

So what exactly is the Standard View now? Can you see Wishes or you have to request that? I thought that view was of service areas which is why we didn't take it when offered (it's rack rate but would save us $500....we are waiting for the winter promos to come out)....

So what exactly is the Standard View now? Can you see Wishes or you have to request that? I thought that view was of service areas which is why we didn't take it when offered (it's rack rate but would save us $500....we are waiting for the winter promos to come out)....

We stayed in a standard view room in June and could watch Wishes from our bed It was room 4062, I think. The view was of a service area, construction, the smoke house, and in the distance, the monorail, Space, and the CR. I would stay in the same room again in a heartbeat (if it stays Standard...).

We just got back from a standard view stay. We were in room 5012 and it was awesome! If you looked down from the balcony, you saw construction. If you looked out, you could see the top of CR, the monorail, a bit of the castle, the main street train station, and the canal that connects Seven Seas Lagoon and Bay Lake. It was just a great view, especially at night when the fireworks went off. It wouldn't surprise me if Disney started charging more and calling this room a theme park view once the construction is done.

We stayed in a standard view room in June and could watch Wishes from our bed It was room 4062, I think. The view was of a service area, construction, the smoke house, and in the distance, the monorail, Space, and the CR. I would stay in the same room again in a heartbeat (if it stays Standard...).

Wow I don't like the first part of that view but the view of the monorail and CR sounds great!

We just got back from a standard view stay. We were in room 5012 and it was awesome! If you looked down from the balcony, you saw construction. If you looked out, you could see the top of CR, the monorail, a bit of the castle, the main street train station, and the canal that connects Seven Seas Lagoon and Bay Lake. It was just a great view, especially at night when the fireworks went off. It wouldn't surprise me if Disney started charging more and calling this room a theme park view once the construction is done.

Yes that's the rumor, for more $$ (but I hope not)...I think I read that somewhere here...How noisy was the construction?

Oops one more question..I just saw an updated room service menu and noticed the pasta with the chicken is gone...is that an error? Can someone check? That was so good the last time we were there....curious which restaurant serves it.

Yes that's the rumor, for more $$ (but I hope not)...I think I read that somewhere here...How noisy was the construction?

Oops one more question..I just saw an updated room service menu and noticed the pasta with the chicken is gone...is that an error? Can someone check? That was so good the last time we were there....curious which restaurant serves it.
We never heard any noise at all. The workers didn't do much during our stay. I noticed that they all packed up and left by 3:00 one day. No wonder it takes so long for things to get built at Disney World.

Okay, so I'm one of those weirdos that even though our vacation is all booked and paid for and set in stone, I still go in and check availability at the resort...just to see! We leave in just under a month for a 7-night stay. As of now, all the standard room categories are still available to book for my dates--CL rooms are booked up.

BTW--this even further confirms my decision to switch from Coronado! There's not a single open room to be had there for my dates--I'm guessing that place is going to be packed!

:wave:Fellow weirdo here who does the same thing. I like to check to get a feel for how crowded the resort will be. Sounds like CSR may be hosting a big convention:crowded:

I will happily ask about progress on the new OFC lounge, and of course I love having a vacation photo mission! :goodvibes

Hope you're having a magical vacation, @Circusgirl.

FREE NIGHTLIGHT - We'll be traveling 10/26 - 11/01 - If you would like me to leave this for you please let me know!

Bumping your offer:)

Just switched to WL from POR... Our first deluxe stay in 14 years. Will be there Aug 22-28th. Looking forward to it!

How exciting! I'll log your dates in our Lodgers' Log.

Glimmer of hope that they might be returning: @GADisneyDad14 just posted to the CL thread a photo of a new clock, with outlets, in his Poly room and he didn't request it. However, someone else who is in a non-CL room at Poly reported their room didn't have a clock.

13 days until we check in! How is pre-park opening transportation? We have 2 early breakfasts (8:15 Akershus and 8:45 H&V).

What would you book now for a June 2017 stay? We are doing an adult trip with my Dad and Step-mom as our anniversaries are the same month. My DH and I want to walk out onto the lobby. I know that 4th floor is standard and will ask for that. I know my DDad ans DSM want more of a view. I'm just worried about how the room categories will change.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter