• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney's WILDERNESS LODGE Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
My kids only want Mickey Waffkes for breakfast when we are at Disney. My hope was to get Mickey Waffles and bring them to our room for a quick breakfast (as opposed to the character breakfasts we do) .
Geyser Point only serves pancakes, not waffles. The room service menu has Mickey waffles on the kids menu, so you could consider that option. But since your trip is still a long way off, you might not have to worry about it at all. :)

I would like to log my dates too! Celebrating my birthday at WL 4/4-4/8!! Fingers crossed for a MK view. Thanks again for all of the advice!!

I'll get you added, @Mineu :)

Realized I never gave our dates, just that we were coming back to WL, finally. It's been a struggle for me to give up POR/FQ
DH and I are there 4/19 to 4/24, for our anniversary (4/22) and the Dark Side 10K

So those dates are for WL, @AngiTN?

Can you add our dates please? 7/13 - 7/29

Cheers!

I'd be happy to. Are those dates for WL, @sbgla?

Good catch!!!!

It's like subliminal advertising;)

We will be staying 3/26-3/31 at Wilderness Lodge!

We are in a standard room and requested a bunk bed room that can see the fireworks. Fingers crossed!

I hope you get your request and I'll log your dates, @AUsomEE.

First stay at WL, booked Deluxe Room, so we are looking forward to Club Level. Our dates are 9/2 to 9/9.

Congratulations on booking, @menotyou21.

Just changed from POR to WL today. I have always wanted to stay at WL, so I'm really excited. Just a standard room, but i don't care!

All the rooms, other than the Deluxe CL rooms/suite are identical at WL, so no shabby room for you, @megs1313!

Checking in tomorrow for our 2nd WL stay, can't wait :cheer2:

I hope you're having a magical time, @ariane37. Are you planning a DISmeet with @Wood Nymph?

Hello, We were at Geyser Point last Saturday for drinks and appetizers (which were excellent). WL now pipes in the music for the fireworks show at the Magic Kingdom there. They have a nice place to watch the fireworks down by the water. There were some chairs and people moved them to watch. It was funny, looked like movie theater seating. People had their strollers all lined up behind us. As you cannot see the castle, I was impressed as how much of the fireworks you can see. Much more than in the past. Higher and lowers ones.

Also, the Water Parade comes in at 9:35pm. From the same point, you can see it PERFECTLY!!!

Hope you enjoy.

Great information about the music and viewing area, @TheLodgeLady :)

villas pool 1.jpg

villas pool 2.jpg

villas pool 3.jpg
I was able to peek through the construction fence since there weren't any workman hanging around this area. I am standing between Geyser point and the new pool construction area. That is the south wing to the right and the "ridge of boulders" that is between the marina and the pool. The surface is still sand and compacted dirt. The old villas building is on the left.

Our bus to Epcot this morning went directly to the park. It didn't stop at any other resort. In all the years we have taken the bus to Epcot from WL it always stopped at FW first. Last night our bus to Epcot stopped at FW first. I am very glad that we went straight to Epcot morning. :)

We are having a great time. My sister and friend love the Wilderness Lodge. They don't have any complaints. :) The parks have been crowded but the weather is perfect. And Geyser Point is a wonderful addition to the resort. I love it.

Last edited:
We are here at the lodge and it feels like our lucky day. Our flight took off exactly at 6 am, Central time,on time. We landed early, walked right onto the Magical Express, and got to the WL at 10:30am. While we were on the ME I received an email invitation for a passholder preview for Pandora during our May trip. I quickly responded and now we have confirmed reservations for the passholder preview of Pandora on May 20th. :)

We also got rooms exactly where we wanted them and my sister's room is right next door. I haven't had much time to check things out yet, but we'll get to that soon. ;) I did find out that they won't be making any of the DVC units into club level rooms, but I think that may be old news.

We can see the construction of some cabins from our room and they are working hard. The cabins are painted different colors and the construction area is all sand right now. It will be interesting to see what kind of landscaping they end up doing here.

We are now headed to check out Geyser Point. :)

What a great travel day getting door to door so smoothly and getting the exact room you wanted. And, your Pandora preview bonus!

Geyser Point information
The food that you order at the counter service window is eligible for the annual pass discount. The food and drinks ordered under the roof, which includes the appetizers does not get a discount.

The campfire is located close to Geyser Point on the Lodge side. And the Movies on the beach are held on the grassy area between Geyser Point and the boat dock. The marina isn't open yet

So there isn't even a TiW discount "under the roof?" Thanks for the update on the marina and GP.

Adding our stay dates - August 23~28, very excited to be heading back to our favorite resort!

I used my American Airlines miles for the entire 5 day stay (we are getting a 1 bedroom villa). A few firsts for us here, this will be our first trip not on the dining plan, so it will be interesting to see which way is more expensive for us. Also, this is my first time not booking with Disney directly. The room would have cost about 3500. (non discounted as the Disney summer deal is not out yet)so all I have to budget for is meals & tickets. The airfare was more expensive than I usually get it for, $1343 for the 4 of us, but summer airfare has nowhere to go but up at this point, you know? Really excited to have a ticker counting down to Disney! :D

Congratulations on using your miles for the stay and I'll log your dates, @oceanmarina.

We decided to hang around the lodge tonight instead of going to a park. Geyser Point is a beautiful spot to sit and relax with food and drinks. The one thing I missed the most when we were here last January was that we didn't have access to Bay Lake via the beach. The new restaurant takes advantage of the lake views. We really enjoyed spending some time at the bar. The wind off the lake was a little chilly and they provide blankets at the bar. I had a nice, warm blanket while having a drink.

We came roasted marshmallows at the campfire. They sell the s'mores kits for $9.95, but the marshmallows are free. It is nice to have the campfire back again. The sandy beach is gone, though.

I took some pictures of the villa pool construction.

So no more sandy beach at all near the marina? Not even where the tether ball and picnic tables were located? Loving all your photos!

This is the campfire area. It is located as you walk toward Geyser Point from the main pool area.

This is the grassy area where they show the movie on the beach. That is the boat dock to the right.

The marina building looks the same. It is just on the other side of Geyser Point.

This is the back side of Geyser Point. The area to the right looks like a place they could hold an event or party.

Grassy area for movies, boat dock, and more cabins in the back.

Trout Pass bar is all closed off, but the restrooms are still open.

The new covered patio outside of Roaring Forks is still under construction.

This scaffolding on the south wing looks like it was put up so that workmen could access the top floor dormer balcony.

There was more scaffolding in the upper creek area of the south wing. They are painting the south wing.

MORE scaffolding?! It's really become a permanent fixture! Great information and updates, @Wood Nymph!

There are five tables set up by the edge of the lake next to Geyser Point. The bar staff won't wait on you if you are at these tables, since they are not "under the roof". (I think that is their code for the bar itself). But the counter service staff will deliver counter service food food to you at those tables. I think the whole bar food versus counter service food and who waits on who and which one gets a discount is a little confusing.

There were a lot of CM's waiting to explain how it all worked.

The counter service is straight ahead and the bar is to the left. The counter service is open until midnight. The drink station had a lot of choices, including Sprite Zero. I'll try and get a picture later.

Thank you for explaining how GP works and I'm happily surprised about the Sprite Zero:)

Should have know DISboards would be on top of it....Here's links to the post with links to the virtual tours

https://www.disboards.com/threads/copper-creek-360-degree-virtual-tours.3592963/

Thanks for posting the link, @danikoski.

I'm wondering if someone who is going to be visiting WL or taking a tour of the CCV models would be willing to ask the following and report back on the answer ? I emailed Disney and their answer was not particularly helpful.

Normally, DVC resorts have a community laundry room with complimentary washers and dryers. This lets those staying in a studio do laundry, as well as anyone staying in a larger villa should they wish (though the 1+ bedrooms have their own washer and dryer). Thus, at WL there is a laundry room (complimentary, for guests staying in the WVL) in the VWL building, in addition to the self-serve paid laundry room near Roaring Forks.

So, will CCV have its own (complimentary) laundry room ? If yes, where will it be ? If no, where are those staying at CCV intended to do their laundry (aside from in-room washer and dryer) ? e.g. Use the existing one at VWL ? Using the one near Roaring Forks (but that one is paid...).

Thank you !

SW

Bumping your question, @Starwind.

We are staying 5/24- 5/28 . First time ever staying on property! my then almost 2 year olds first trip and my 11 year olds 2nd one!

2 questions! Anyone know if the pardon our dust collector pins are still available there?
annnnd if you want to go to MK at open(if open is 9am), whats a good recommended time to be out there for the boat?

What a great resort you've chosen for your very first onsite stay, @Lilyrampant. I'll log your dates.

I will be staying CL in June for 5 nights. First time CL at WL! The most important request that I have is that we get a bunk-bed room, so I think I might make that my only request. Honestly, I can't decide which view I would rather have anyway (courtyard or MK View). For those of you who have stayed CL recently - which do you prefer? Also - can you see the Electric Water Pageant from all of the Courtyard View CL rooms?

I would make that my only request because now that the 7th floor of the South Wing is no longer CL, there are even fewer BB rooms and they are by-request only.

I was able to peek through the construction fence since there weren't any workman hanging around this area. I am standing between Geyser point and the new pool construction area. That is the south wing to the right and the "ridge of boulders" that is between the marina and the pool. The surface is still sand and compacted dirt. The old villas building is on the left.

Our bus to Epcot this morning went directly to the park. It didn't stop at any other resort. In all the years we have taken the bus to Epcot from WL it always stopped at FW first. Last night our bus to Epcot stopped at FW first. I am very glad that we went straight to Epcot morning. :)

We are having a great time. My sister and friend love the Wilderness Lodge. They don't have any complaints. :) The parks have been crowded but the weather is perfect. And Geyser Point is a wonderful addition to the resort. I love it.

The Epcot to WL bus is so nice because it goes directly to WL. I can imagine how fast you were able to get to Epcot this morning, which is a great way to start the day. You're making a great impression on your sister and friend with such a great start to your vacation. Does your sister go to WDW as much as you?

Do any other buses go direct? What about Hollywood Studios or Animal Kingdom (in the morning)

Okay, at what specific time of year does the bus run to MK directly?
It always runs direct to MK. It's busses to the other parks that vary. So we were there in February and, if I remember correctly, the AK bus went to GF as well, and the DHS bus went to Fort Wilderness.
When I went in Jan 2015, we stopped at Poly and GF for DHS.

@danikoski Thank for responding I edited my question. Even though your stay was in 2015 has any changes been made to the stops for 2017?

Last summer it depended on the time of day. We stopped at FW once on the way to MK to pick someone up from a Trail's End dinner. We stopped once on the way to Epcot at CR. Otherwise, we went directly to the parks. Maybe it is need-based??

So those dates are for WL, @AngiTN?
Yes our dates for WL

@danikoski Thank for responding I edited my question. Even though your stay was in 2015 has any changes been made to the stops for 2017?
The problem is the bus sharing is need based. It will vary all the time so what they did even yesterday may not mean a thing to what they'll do even tomorrow
MK is about the only one that doesn't share. Though if the monorail is out that may even change. Art least I'm pretty sure we shared when monorail was down

I honestly am not sure...As another poster posted, it may be need or crowd based. They did change between Jan 2015 to Feb 2017. I know the MK bus almost always goes directly to the park, especially in the morning. I also know we didn't have two stops at anytime this year like we did in 2015. Beyond that, not sure.

Hi all - we just switched from POR to WL for a stay with 12 people, Oct. 14-20, 2017. Our first time staying at WL, I am so excited! We will be celebrating my twin goddaughters' 2nd birthday, plus their dad's birthday the day before theirs - so lots of friends and family coming along, including all 4 grandparents!

This will be our first trip navigating with a stroller and a scooter for one of the grandparents. We will give ourselves plenty of time to get anywhere! :-) I've been reading up on transportation - it sounds like the bus may be the easier option to MK if only one of the two boat types can take scooters. We will also be meeting up one evening with friends staying at FW, having a big group dinner at Trail's End. I'll feel more prepared once the October park hours come out, and we book our ADRs - only a few more weeks to go!

Thank you so much Wood Nymph for taking time to update all of us here at home!! We'll be at the Lodge in 69 days for 10 nights and the excitement is definitely building.:thumbsup2

Thanks again!!

Carla
We will be in the villas in 69 days! See ya at WL! :)

What is the recommended timeline for submitting a room request? We'll be there June 9th-13th and I'm really hoping we can get a MK view!

@Wood Nymph hope you're enjoying your stay! Sounds like you are :) DH and I just came in from having drinks at Geyser Point-it really is beautiful sitting out there in the evening. I agree the parks are fairly crowded but having a great time and still loving the lodge. We had breakfast at Territory Lounge this morning, the CM's were so friendly and helpful and patient with other guests who were a bit confused as to exactly what was going on, what they could get, etc. FYI in case anyone is wondering, you can't get a Bloody Mary or Mimosa in there, no alcohol before 11. One guest wasn't too thrilled about that lol.

Can someone please tell me if there are any deluxe one bedroom rooms in the main lobby area? Thanks!

Can someone please tell me if there are any deluxe one bedroom rooms in the main lobby area? Thanks!
If you mean a deluxe one bedroom Villa at Copper Creek Villas, since the whole south wing of the main lodge was transformed into villas, it is likely. Although I do not think there is room type floor plan out yet that shows where rooms are.

However, if you mean Deluxe rooms that are part of Wilderness Lodge, all of those rooms are located at the very end of the north wing. None of them are on the lobby.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter