Disney's PORT ORLEANS RIVERSIDE RESORT Information & Questions

I know routes change frequently depending on crowds, but for those of you who have taken the Magical Express from the airport to POR, what stop was POR? What resorts did you share with?

I know routes change frequently depending on crowds, but for those of you who have taken the Magical Express from the airport to POR, what stop was POR? What resorts did you share with?
We took ME from the airport at around 11am on Saturday, August 29th (just a couple weeks ago) and the first stop was POR. We really made fast time going from the airport to the resort. According to my notes it took 26 minutes from the time the bus pulled out of the airport until it reached POR. I have a feeling that might not be the normal time, though.

Last edited:
I'm not 100% positive, my memory is escaping me, but when i took ME last year from MCO we stopped at Saratoga Springs/OKW (I can't remember which, it was definitely a DVC resort though), and then POFQ and then POR.
Like you said, I don't believe it is the same every time, someone else might be able to confirm that though!

EDIT: BTW this was August 26th of last year!

August 23, 2015: DME route was OKW, SSR then onto Port Orleans (not sure is they went to Riverside or French Quarter first as I was off the bus by that point.)

We have stayed at POR and POFQ many times and every time we took DME, the lineup for stops was exactly the same- Old Key West, Saratoga Springs, French Quarter and then Riverside. All in that same order. That could vary by day, but that is how it was for us each time.

Has anyone stayed in Building 15? Looks like we have a room by the parking lot and worried about noise, etc.

Has anyone stayed in Building 15? Looks like we have a room by the parking lot and worried about noise, etc.
I have never stayed in 15, but I have stayed in 17. Similiar location. Very peaceful. No noticeable noise from parking area.

We stayed there last time & no noise at all. Great location. Close to buses, quiet pool & food court. I asked for building 14 or 15 for next months trip & can't wait.

We took ME from the airport at around 11am on Saturday, August 29th (just a couple weeks ago) and the first stop was POR. We really made fast time going from the airport to the resort. According to my notes it took 26 minutes from the time the bus pulled out of the airport until it reached POR. I have a feeling that might not be the normal time, though.

August 29th at about 2-3 pm POR was the 3rd stop. OKW and SSR came first but were very quick with one party each. POFQ followed POR.

Building 15 is a Preferred Location, and does not have any Standard View or Garden View category rooms, so if you have booked Preferred Location and you end up in building 15 you could just as easily be facing into the inner grassy bayou area rather than the parking lot. The only reason you might be pre-assigned a specific building 15 parking lot view room would be if you have mobility issues and have been assigned the Accessible rooms 1501/1502.

Anyway, noise and view really aren't problems there at all. Here are two photos of building 15 - the closest ground-floor room to the camera in the first photo is 1501, and the second photo is taken from right outside there. As you can see, even though technically you are facing a parking lot, it's still a lovely view and you won't be disturbed much.

POR-AB-2013b-2611_large.jpg

POR-AB-2013b-2616_large.jpg

Andre

Just got back and our ME stopped only at French quarter and riverside!

On our way to POR now!!! I wasn't going to do a room request, but when my 10 year heard we could he really wanted to. It was fun to sit down with him and look at the map. I let him pick the area and we sent it via Touring Plans 2 days before. I just got our room text and we got the exact room he requested. He is thrill!!

Hi there! Gearing up for our first POR stay and I wanted to call in room requests. If I say "Bldg 85, as close to bridge as possible" (or some condensed version of that), I just want to verify that they will know which bridge I am talking about? Should I specify pool bridge? Sort of silly, but just want to make sure I get it right! Thanks for any assistance!

On our way to POR now!!! I wasn't going to do a room request, but when my 10 year heard we could he really wanted to. It was fun to sit down with him and look at the map. I let him pick the area and we sent it via Touring Plans 2 days before. I just got our room text and we got the exact room he requested. He is thrill!!
I hope you all have a great time. Congrats in getting
congrats on getting your room request. What is Touring Plans? I'm not familiar with this

We will be staying at POR in the Royal Rooms in a few weeks, and my mom, who is undergoing chemo and has stamina issues, just finally agreed to use an ECV if we can rent one. Does anyone know if the Royal Rooms will accommodate an ECV? She can walk for very short distances on her own, so wouldn't be using it within the room, but gets lightheaded quite a bit so we would want it at the resort and not just in the parks. I will look on the Disability forum as well but thought this would be the place to ask about it fitting in POR rooms. Thanks!

We will be staying at POR in the Royal Rooms in a few weeks, and my mom, who is undergoing chemo and has stamina issues, just finally agreed to use an ECV if we can rent one. Does anyone know if the Royal Rooms will accommodate an ECV?

Yes, they all will. It might make life easier to ask for a ground-floor room though, ideally in Oak Manor as I think there are more step-free access pathways there than at Parterre Place where you might have to double-back on yourselves a bit.

Andre

Hi there! Gearing up for our first POR stay and I wanted to call in room requests. If I say "Bldg 85, as close to bridge as possible" (or some condensed version of that), I just want to verify that they will know which bridge I am talking about? Should I specify pool bridge? Sort of silly, but just want to make sure I get it right! Thanks for any assistance!
My fav location! Either Magnolia Terrace or Acadian House close to foot bridge! And the POR room assignors are the best.

Latest posts

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter