Disney's PORT ORLEANS RIVERSIDE RESORT Information & Questions

I am looking at a split stay for next spring 2016 between POR and BC. I think one of the main things holding me back from staying at POR the entire stay is the lack of restaurants. I can only do the food court so many times. I wish they would open Boatwright's for breakfast and lunch.

Does anyone have any tips to make breakfast or lunch special?

~Cari~ pluto:

My first night at Disney will be at Pop and then transfer to POR. I'm traveling solo and not renting a car, what will be the best way to do the switch?

Disney will transfer your luggage for you, you could bus to DTD for some shopping and then take the boat to POR. You could just get taxi on over to POR, if you have nothing else to do take a bus to your favorite park, even if you don't go in you still get to see it, then hop on bus to POR.

Disney will transfer your luggage for you, you could bus to DTD for some shopping and then take the boat to POR. You could just get taxi on over to POR, if you have nothing else to do take a bus to your favorite park, even if you don't go in you still get to see it, then hop on bus to POR.
Thanks for your reply Angela. All options sounds good, especially the one visiting DTD. Do you have an idea how much will a taxi be if I decide to take a taxi from Pop to RS?

I have a question about the refillable mugs at POR. It sounds like some rooms can be quite a walk from the main dining hall - just wondering if there are refill stations around the resort or should we consider bringing in drinks to keep in our room? Our first time staying at POR so everything is new to me!

I am looking at a split stay for next spring 2016 between POR and BC. I think one of the main things holding me back from staying at POR the entire stay is the lack of restaurants. I can only do the food court so many times. I wish they would open Boatwright's for breakfast and lunch.

Does anyone have any tips to make breakfast or lunch special?

~Cari~ pluto:
I'm never at the resort for lunch, or rarely. Most of the time we are in a park for lunch. For breakfast we pack instant oatmeal to make in room. And occas go to food court for a breakfast, I don't like the extra time it takes to go out for breakfast. If you're at the resort for lunchtime, it's always fun taking the boat to DTD to eat.

I have a question about the refillable mugs at POR. It sounds like some rooms can be quite a walk from the main dining hall - just wondering if there are refill stations around the resort or should we consider bringing in drinks to keep in our room? Our first time staying at POR so everything is new to me!
I'd have a look at the resort map and make a room request that's close to main buildings. We like the mansion section and request to be close to a foot bridge. Easy to get mug refils. Buying a mug then not using it kinda defeats the purpose?

My first night at Disney will be at Pop and then transfer to POR. I'm traveling solo and not renting a car, what will be the best way to do the switch?
I like to check in early when I switch resorts, and I like bringing my luggage with me, so I take a cab with my luggage to new resort. I'm not sure how much cab costs, but nowhere in WDW is over $20
Sometimes our room is ready early. If not I just use Bell service to store it.

Thanks for your reply Angela. All options sounds good, especially the one visiting DTD. Do you have an idea how much will a taxi be if I decide to take a taxi from Pop to RS?

Around $10-$15 plus tip, it's not too long a journey.

Andre

Thanks you Sue M and Andre.

I like a lot the option of taking a taxi and bringing my luggage with me when changing resorts.

I like to check in early when I switch resorts, and I like bringing my luggage with me, so I take a cab with my luggage to new resort. I'm not sure how much cab costs, but nowhere in WDW is over $20
Sometimes our room is ready early. If not I just use Bell service to store it.

I think we paid $10 and a $2 tip for a cab from Pop to POR.

I like both! Like the colours of new one, and reflections in old one! Must download my pics from camera, been lazy :-)

Last edited:
How was your trip Sue? Did you have a blast?
I loved being at por!! I wish my knee was better so I could have walked around more. It's truly a beautiful resort.
First stay in a Royal Room, we loved it! Super cute. There wasn't a day gone by that I wasn't pushing the button in headboard haha!! Fireworks! Got Oak Manor central courtyard. Great location.

Took it slow at parks. Did DTD boat 2 nights for dinner. Otherwise we were in at night, me with an ice pack on knee ::yes::.

Got sick our last 2 days, ugh. I had saved going to Bob Jackson show to end of trip, then I got too sick to go,
Sheech!!
But we did see small parts of his show stopping in hallway to listen to a song or two on the way back to our room. And it's not like we've never seen it.

But even with convalescing knee and bad cold at end, still, we were in our happy place & it was all good!

I tried to duplicate some of your beautiful pics of Riverside Mill water wheel, lol. I don't know how I did, as I still haven't downloaded my photos ;-). I don't have your skill or eye, that's for sure!

Thanks for asking Mike.

Hi all.

Are there any refurbs planned for POR this year? Specifically in the September/October time frame?

It looks like we need to switch from POFQ to POR in Sept. Kinda bummed. :( Our in-laws can't go, so it's just our family of 5 now, and the Alligator Bayou rooms are by far the best option for us since they hold 5. We really like POR, but were looking forward to something new at POFQ. At least we can still walk over there and enjoy it and the pool. :thumbsup2:goodvibes

Thanks,
Dan

Hi all.

Are there any refurbs planned for POR this year? Specifically in the September/October time frame?

It looks like we need to switch from POFQ to POR in Sept. Kinda bummed. :( Our in-laws can't go, so it's just our family of 5 now, and the Alligator Bayou rooms are by far the best option for us since they hold 5. We really like POR, but were looking forward to something new at POFQ. At least we can still walk over there and enjoy it and the pool. :thumbsup2:goodvibes

Thanks,
Dan
We've stayed at both, and while I like POFQ, I enjoy Riverside more. And think Riverside has the better pool, depending on the ages of your children.

Maybe next trip in laws can go, and you can get to experience POFQ.

We've stayed at both, and while I like POFQ, I enjoy Riverside more. And think Riverside has the better pool, depending on the ages of your children.

Maybe next trip in laws can go, and you can get to experience POFQ.

Thanks Sue M. Yeah, we toured POFQ this past September and really liked the small size, the brick paver streets and the tree covered walkways. We like the manicured gardens too. However, I really didn't care much for the tiny food court, and especially the decor in there. It's personal preference, but I just don't like the 6 foot tall faces hanging from the ceiling or the juggling jesters, etc...

Our last two WDW trips were to POR, which we love, but we were just looking for something a little different. The good thing is, it's just a short walk over there (POFQ) to use the pool, show the kids the resort, etc...

Dan

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter