Disney's PORT ORLEANS RIVERSIDE RESORT Information & Questions

We haven't stayed at POR since.... 2015, I think, and I had NO idea it was a pet-friendly resort now. We're booked in a 5th sleeper woods view room but we need to be as far away from dogs as possible due to my terrible allergies. I was going to request that in MDE but the only options I see for room requests are in the check-in process and are limited to "near bus stop" and "pet friendly". What's the best way to insure I'm not miserable our entire stay? 😣

What's the best way to insure I'm not miserable our entire stay? 😣

Might be worth contacting the WDW Special Needs department on 1-407-939-7807, they have more control for medical situations than simply added a request to your booking (although I would do that too).

Andre

Just got back from a wonderful four night stay at POR… it was my fourth time staying there but it’s been a long time since I’ve been there (1995 when it was still Dixie Landings, 2012, and 2015), and I’m happy to say it’s still as charming as ever. We had a first floor, two queen, pool view room in Magnolia, and my sis and brother in law were across from us in a third floor, two queen, pool view room in Acadia…. and they were both absolutely perfect locations to meet in the middle at our quiet pool.

We ate at Riverside Mill three times - one lunch, one breakfast, and got a pizza to eat by the pool - and everything was fresh and delicious. Three mornings, my hubby and brother in law were pixie dusted free coffee. Transportation was great; our longest wait for a bus was eight minutes. We also used Uber a few times and pick ups and drop offs were super easy. We loved the main pool (great drinks at Muddy Rivers Bar!) and our quiet pool was fantastic, too. We also walked up the beautiful path to POFQ for beignets one morning and it was lovely, too.

I’ve stayed at many deluxe resorts - AKL Kidani, AKL Jambo, Copper Creek, Boardwalk Villas, Saratoga Springs, and Yacht Club - all wonderful in their own ways, but POR ranks right up there at the top of my favorite resorts list for its charm, excellent staff, great location, and amenities.

How long is the boat ride from POR to DS? Also, is there any way to guarantee the bayou room? I think my DD would like the pull down bed (just 3 of us traveling though). Thanks!

How long is the boat ride from POR to DS? Also, is there any way to guarantee the bayou room? I think my DD would like the pull down bed (just 3 of us traveling though). Thanks!
The boat takes about 20 minutes. It sometimes stops first at Port Orleans French Quarter, but that’s the only extra stop. There are a couple of ways to guarantee an alligator bayou room. Book a preferred room or book any “fifth sleeper” category room.

How many stops does Mears make before dropping off at POR after picking up at MCO?
The number of stops that your Mears Connect bus will make varies according to many factors. It will be anywhere from 3 or 4 to a few more than that. Very late arrivals tend to have more stops, but there is no way to know for sure.

How many stops does Mears make before dropping off at POR after picking up at MCO?
Like the above poster said, it all depends - but last Monday we got a private van for the four of us, even though we paid the base price. We took it as pixie dust... not sure how often that happens!

On the way back to the airport, we got the regular large bus. We were the first pick up at POR and then we went to Fort Wilderness and Wilderness Lodge for additional pick ups.

I’m planning to pick up some groceries for our stay at the end of the month. We like to have some snacks for the room and breakfast items. We find it works better for us to eat breakfast as we get ready. I was thinking cereal would be good but I can’t remember if the fridges would accommodate a pint of milk. Does anyone know?

I’m planning to pick up some groceries for our stay at the end of the month. We like to have some snacks for the room and breakfast items. We find it works better for us to eat breakfast as we get ready. I was thinking cereal would be good but I can’t remember if the fridges would accommodate a pint of milk. Does anyone know?
They are large enough for your container of milk. :)

LIVE STREAM: Celebrate 25 Years With YeHaa Bob at Port Orleans Riverside on Thursday

The show will kick off at 7:45 pm ET LIVE for Disney’s Port Orleans Resort and Yehaa Bob’s shows typically last for around 90 minutes.

If you’re a fan of YeHaa Bob who has been delighting guests at Port-Orleans Riverside with his one-man Vaudevillian-style show will be celebrating 25 years of magic making with a special livestream this Thursday. Bob took to his Facebook page to announce the the stream will be broadcast in conjunction with YouTuber and friend of MickeyBlog, Cory Meets World.

You can check out the YouTube livestream landing page below and register for notifications!

OK- I love POR; one of my favorites. Next trip we have the chance to stay at POR or Caribbean. I've never stayed at Caribbean but I'm leaning towards it due to the skyliner access. I know it is more spread out, but other than that - will I miss staying at POR? This is an adult/no kid trip, so the "cool pool" factor isn't as big a deal either... but that straight to my resort access via the skyliner from EPCOT/HS is appealing. Last time I stayed at POR the buses were struggling. I literally waited 40 mins for an AK bus that never came (Oct. 2021), and drove us in our own car. Definitely don't want to end up with waits like that again.

OK- I love POR; one of my favorites. Next trip we have the chance to stay at POR or Caribbean. I've never stayed at Caribbean but I'm leaning towards it due to the skyliner access. I know it is more spread out, but other than that - will I miss staying at POR? This is an adult/no kid trip, so the "cool pool" factor isn't as big a deal either... but that straight to my resort access via the skyliner from EPCOT/HS is appealing. Last time I stayed at POR the buses were struggling. I literally waited 40 mins for an AK bus that never came (Oct. 2021), and drove us in our own car. Definitely don't want to end up with waits like that again.
If you won't be hanging around the resort a lot and skyliner access is important to you, give CBR a try. I am not a fan or CBR for the theming, resort size and room conditions (Right now I think they rooms are the worst of all mods right now). Just be aware that as long as the skyliner is running, there are no buses to Epoct/DHS. Also, when there's lightening in the area, the skyliner will go down and the buses that take over for Epcot and DHS are slow to arrive. The lobby was remodeled several years back and is very nice and I know Sebastian's reopened which is a perk. Sadly bus issues can happen everywhere and at every resort and while I know CBR has more stops than POR, I'd say it's a luck of the draw situation on your experience with buses. I just don't enjoy the resort and while I love the convenience of the skyliner, it's not enough to draw me back to CBR.

If you won't be hanging around the resort a lot and skyliner access is important to you, give CBR a try. I am not a fan or CBR for the theming, resort size and room conditions (Right now I think they rooms are the worst of all mods right now). Just be aware that as long as the skyliner is running, there are no buses to Epoct/DHS. Also, when there's lightening in the area, the skyliner will go down and the buses that take over for Epcot and DHS are slow to arrive. The lobby was remodeled several years back and is very nice and I know Sebastian's reopened which is a perk. Sadly bus issues can happen everywhere and at every resort and while I know CBR has more stops than POR, I'd say it's a luck of the draw situation on your experience with buses. I just don't enjoy the resort and while I love the convenience of the skyliner, it's not enough to draw me back to CBR.

Thanks! Just reading your message just makes me know, I'd rather just Uber if needed and give up the skyliner. :) And, I just found out with the Disney+ promotion I can stay at POR with park hopper for pretty much the same price I could stay at CBR with no park hopper. I'll save CBR for a kids trip with fancy pool/skyliner.

Excellent! Thank you 😊
They can accommodate but just know they don't get colder than 41 degrees so it's not great for a lot of food items. Milk for example is supposed to be kept colder than that. It was disappointing for me last week because it affected my dog's food because it didn't keep things cold enough!

They can accommodate but just know they don't get colder than 41 degrees so it's not great for a lot of food items. Milk for example is supposed to be kept colder than that. It was disappointing for me last week because it affected my dog's food because it didn't keep things cold enough!
Oh good to know ! Maybe I’ll just get some fruit and granola bars etc. We don’t eat a huge breakfast but I do like to have a little something before we leave the room and not waste park time looking for breakfast.
Just over two weeks to go. I’m getting soooo excited !!

Oh good to know ! Maybe I’ll just get some fruit and granola bars etc. We don’t eat a huge breakfast but I do like to have a little something before we leave the room and not waste park time looking for breakfast.
Just over two weeks to go. I’m getting soooo excited !!
We usually do bars and fruit for something quick to grab also. If you do decide you want cereal, you can do shelf stable boxed milk, it's not that bad. We have kept milk and yogurts in the fridge in the past and I guess we were lucky. We also do the instant oatmeals and use the coffee maker for hot water. Two weeks will be here before you know it. Have fun and enjoy POR!

Will security let you park at POR to see Yeeha Bob? Staying on property but not at POR and worried that transportation will have stopped if we stay late.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter