Disney's PORT ORLEANS RIVERSIDE RESORT Information & Questions

More questions about Riverside- we are bringing a twin blowup mattress (raised) for my one daughter. Will this fit in the royal room with a stroller? I can also plan on leaving the stroller in the car overnight. Sometimes when we travel, we move the two beds apart and put the mattress in the middle- will the beds move with the special headboards?
Also, are the beds raised enough to put suitcases underneath (Royal room)?

The beds don’t move. They are on a platform, so you won’t be able to store anything under them either.

A twin blow up mattress won’t fit between the two beds. I doubt it would fit between the end of the beds and the dresser. Your best bet will be over between the bed and the door, but if it does fit there, there will not be room for a stroller.

The beds don’t move. They are on a platform, so you won’t be able to store anything under them either.

This is being changed in the refitted rooms by the way. With the wooden floors they are bringing back the bed legs so you can store stuff underneath again.

Andre

Just got back and had this. A few days prior to checking in I faxed a request for an AB refurbished room in the 30s section. We were in building 34 with a garden view and 5th sleeper. We usually stay deluxe and I was so pleasantly surprised how nice the room was. Great rustic theming, comfortable bed and nice big screen tv. We were also steps away from the West Depot bus stop, which was the first pick up and drop off. Always had a seat.

West depot is the best stop so you're always getting on the bus with a seat, picking up the bus at the lobby or east depot sometimes can be difficult. We were in AB room 26 on our last visit and it was our first AB room, we really liked it. My younger daughter loved the pull down sleeper too. POR is nice but coming from deluxe, it's hard when it comes to the bus stop situation.

Just checked out of POR today from our first stay here. We stayed for 5 nights in the Magnolia Terrace building. I didn't really like the room, it felt a bit dated and lacking in places to plug in electronics. Plus we constantly heard toilets flushing. Grounds were beautiful, the food court was okay and the CMs great. Loved the boat ride to Disney Springs too. Bus service was pretty poor, we were near the East Depot and getting on buses was a bit hit or miss.

Not sure I would stay here again without a car.
I think there are still some room renovations going on at POR, but I agree, there are not enough charging USB ports in these rooms. The bus stop at East depot and the lobby are a pain in the neck. Even when we stayed in the royal rooms right next to the east depot, we'd sometimes hike over to the west depot instead to make sure we'd get on the bus.

Doing a Girls Getaway at the end of April. Just 2 of us. We are staying at POR for the first time. We have a garden view room -- we are less concerned with location to buses and more concerned with a quiet area. We are planning pool time, spa time, around the world time and disney springs time. :) Can anyone suggest a section or building since we have no idea.

Also, what about walking from POR to Disney Springs or Epcot? Possible?

Thanks!

Doing a Girls Getaway at the end of April. Just 2 of us. We are staying at POR for the first time. We have a garden view room -- we are less concerned with location to buses and more concerned with a quiet area. We are planning pool time, spa time, around the world time and disney springs time. :) Can anyone suggest a section or building since we have no idea.

Thanks!

I can't really answer the quite part except to say we've never had problems with noise unless you are unlucky and have a very loud group next door or upstairs. Top floor would avoid noise from above, corner room gives you one less shared wall, plus extra light and windows that I like a lot. No connecting door also helps with neighbors noise. I find the soundproofing of exterior doors better against outside noise than soundproofing of interior hallway doors at the deluxe resorts.

As for walking, the only place you can walk to is POFQ. You can take a boat or bus to DS and Bus to Epcot. It is a very relaxing and enjoyable walk between resorts, though. Just not the same as walking to your actual entertainment destination.

Take a night to see YeeHaw Bob at River Roost Lounge Wed - Sun. It's not quiet or relaxing, but it is a lot of fun!

Hi! My family of four, plus our pooch, are booked at POR at the end of March. I made the reservation online, then called Disney reservations to let them know (1) we are bringing our dog and (2) request AB building 24, as it is designated as one of the dog friendly buildings. First question, has this building been renovated yet or in process at the present time? Next, what are my chances of receiving my request? Have any of you had an experience with a dog at POR? Thanks so much for any info!

I can't really answer the quite part except to say we've never had problems with noise unless you are unlucky and have a very loud group next door or upstairs. Top floor would avoid noise from above, corner room gives you one less shared wall, plus extra light and windows that I like a lot. No connecting door also helps with neighbors noise. I find the soundproofing of exterior doors better against outside noise than soundproofing of interior hallway doors at the deluxe resorts.

As for walking, the only place you can walk to is POFQ. You can take a boat or bus to DS and Bus to Epcot. It is a very relaxing and enjoyable walk between resorts, though. Just not the same as walking to your actual entertainment destination.

Take a night to see YeeHaw Bob at River Roost Lounge Wed - Sun. It's not quiet or relaxing, but it is a lot of fun!
I think I'll just be less concerned about room location then. We won't be in a hurry to get anywhere so we'll just go with the flow. And thank you for the River Roost suggestion. We are also looking for some fun! :)

Hi! My family of four, plus our pooch, are booked at POR at the end of March. I made the reservation online, then called Disney reservations to let them know (1) we are bringing our dog and (2) request AB building 24, as it is designated as one of the dog friendly buildings. First question, has this building been renovated yet or in process at the present time?

Building 24 has not started yet according to https://www.portorleans.org/rehab.php

Next, what are my chances of receiving my request?

Impossible to say as that is completely dependent on occupancy and how many others requested the same. Only WDW knows the answers to both of those.

Thanks!
We always have requested second floor corner rooms and have been lucky enough to get them. Overall I find POR very quiet and peaceful. We’ve stayed in the alligator bayou and magnolia bend area and find all the different room categories quiet. We really only sleep in our room and don’t spend too much time during the day but overall it’s gwnerally very serene. You should definitely do the boat ride to Disney Springs and check that area out. It’s nice shopping and good eating. You can walk over to Port Orleans FQ but you can’t walk to epcot. That’s a bus ride or uber over there.

We just got back from a 8 day, 7 night stay at POR during President's Week. We haven't been to WDW in two years (last trip February 2017) but WOW, quite the difference experience than we have EVER had. So, we have been going to "the world" every two-years since my now 14 DD was 3. However, this trip (and stay) was unlike one we have ever experienced. This was our third stay at POR. We have stayed in a Royal Room, Alligator Bayou, and back to Alligator Bayou this past trip. The Good: The food court, the weather. Unfortunately, that is about it. Let me begin with we are an easygoing, nothing-bugs-us family. We are low-maintence and can roll with just about anything. We arrived at the resort on our first day at about 11:00 AM. Our room was not ready (understandable...check-in is at 3:00) so we stored luggage and took the boat down to Disney Springs for lunch at Art Smith's (delicious btw). We came back at 3:00. Room was not ready. I had sent in a fax four-days prior for a room request...nowhere to be found. I went back to the desk and the they suggested we sit in the food court and wait for our text that the room was ready. we received a text at 4:15. Room was ready. We had booked a preferred room. We were sent to our preferred location (which as building 14) and there was bushes being removed from the front of our room and we had a clear, unobstructed view of the parking lot (about 10 yards away). We decided not to ask for a room change because we spend very little time in the room. We unpacked and headed to the park. Upon waking the next morning, we went back to the parks and returned to our room at 6:00 PM and it was not serviced. We called the front desk and they said that staff had gone home(?) and that we could have towels if we needed them. They delivered towels and were not that concerned that our room was forgotten. The next day, we returned to a serviced room, but also an invitation on our table to ANOTHER FAMILY welcoming them to our room. This was day 2 of our 8-day stay!I called housekeeping and they came and got the invitation and asked us when we checked in and when we were checking out. We did not feel like welcomed guests. Finally, the next night was our EMH at Magic Kingdom. We got back to the room at 1:00 AM and heard a loud noise coming from our room. Upon entering, we found an industrial fan blower (loudly) blowing our carpet dry that had been shampooed earlier. YES, they shampooed our carpet (while we were staying in the room) and left an industrial fan blowing our carpet dry at 1:00 AM in the morning. Our carpet was soaked. I called the front desk and they sent a manger to our room. Upon opening the door, he looked at us like this was a joke. He found it very hard to believe that our carpet was shampooed and being blow dryed at (now) 1:45 AM! I assured him that this is was not a joke, and then told him about all of our issues during the past few days. Again, let me reiteirate, I am not exaggerating any of this. He was very apologetic and promised to get to the bottom of this in the AM. In the morning, we were called by the housekeeping manager and she had informed us that they had not had us even assigned to the room and that all of the paperwork had that room listed as unoccupied. So, for three days, housekeeping went into our room, saw all of our stuff, and continued to service (or not service) the room as if no one was there. Twilight Zone stuff. Needless to say, they were more than apologetic and offered fastpasses and many other special amenities to make up for the issues, but at that point, half-way through our vacation, it just didn't feel "special". If this was the only situation we encountered I would write it off to just a fluke, but between bus service and boat issues, it certainly felt as if we were "just another family" and I have NEVER felt this way at ANY Disney resort. The night at the Holiday Inn Express airport hotel the night before we flew to Orlando was, by far, the best night we spent on our $6,200 Disney vacation. I hope that no one ever has another experience like we had, but I did want people to know and be aware that if it can happen to us, it can happen to anyone.

Thanks for that story that is hard to believe that happened at a place like Disney I agree this should never have happened, Disney is suppose to be a magical place that is for sure. You tolarate much more than I would have. I would have been all over them from the moment your room was not ready at check in time of 3:00. I hope you next visit is a better experience

Oh my word. This sounds terrible! I'm sorry this happened. I'm starting to feel worried about my favourite resort losing its loveliness ....

We just got back from a 8 day, 7 night stay at POR during President's Week. We haven't been to WDW in two years (last trip February 2017) but WOW, quite the difference experience than we have EVER had. So, we have been going to "the world" every two-years since my now 14 DD was 3. However, this trip (and stay) was unlike one we have ever experienced. This was our third stay at POR. We have stayed in a Royal Room, Alligator Bayou, and back to Alligator Bayou this past trip. The Good: The food court, the weather. Unfortunately, that is about it. Let me begin with we are an easygoing, nothing-bugs-us family. We are low-maintence and can roll with just about anything. We arrived at the resort on our first day at about 11:00 AM. Our room was not ready (understandable...check-in is at 3:00) so we stored luggage and took the boat down to Disney Springs for lunch at Art Smith's (delicious btw). We came back at 3:00. Room was not ready. I had sent in a fax four-days prior for a room request...nowhere to be found. I went back to the desk and the they suggested we sit in the food court and wait for our text that the room was ready. we received a text at 4:15. Room was ready. We had booked a preferred room. We were sent to our preferred location (which as building 14) and there was bushes being removed from the front of our room and we had a clear, unobstructed view of the parking lot (about 10 yards away). We decided not to ask for a room change because we spend very little time in the room. We unpacked and headed to the park. Upon waking the next morning, we went back to the parks and returned to our room at 6:00 PM and it was not serviced. We called the front desk and they said that staff had gone home(?) and that we could have towels if we needed them. They delivered towels and were not that concerned that our room was forgotten. The next day, we returned to a serviced room, but also an invitation on our table to ANOTHER FAMILY welcoming them to our room. This was day 2 of our 8-day stay!I called housekeeping and they came and got the invitation and asked us when we checked in and when we were checking out. We did not feel like welcomed guests. Finally, the next night was our EMH at Magic Kingdom. We got back to the room at 1:00 AM and heard a loud noise coming from our room. Upon entering, we found an industrial fan blower (loudly) blowing our carpet dry that had been shampooed earlier. YES, they shampooed our carpet (while we were staying in the room) and left an industrial fan blowing our carpet dry at 1:00 AM in the morning. Our carpet was soaked. I called the front desk and they sent a manger to our room. Upon opening the door, he looked at us like this was a joke. He found it very hard to believe that our carpet was shampooed and being blow dryed at (now) 1:45 AM! I assured him that this is was not a joke, and then told him about all of our issues during the past few days. Again, let me reiteirate, I am not exaggerating any of this. He was very apologetic and promised to get to the bottom of this in the AM. In the morning, we were called by the housekeeping manager and she had informed us that they had not had us even assigned to the room and that all of the paperwork had that room listed as unoccupied. So, for three days, housekeeping went into our room, saw all of our stuff, and continued to service (or not service) the room as if no one was there. Twilight Zone stuff. Needless to say, they were more than apologetic and offered fastpasses and many other special amenities to make up for the issues, but at that point, half-way through our vacation, it just didn't feel "special". If this was the only situation we encountered I would write it off to just a fluke, but between bus service and boat issues, it certainly felt as if we were "just another family" and I have NEVER felt this way at ANY Disney resort. The night at the Holiday Inn Express airport hotel the night before we flew to Orlando was, by far, the best night we spent on our $6,200 Disney vacation. I hope that no one ever has another experience like we had, but I did want people to know and be aware that if it can happen to us, it can happen to anyone.
WOW, that is unbelievable. How awful!! I cannot fathom how housekeeping didn't even realize your room was occupied. Especially after the first incident of your room check in being delayed, they should have flagged you for special consideration. I know how that must have ruined your trip. I am not even sure those special fastpasses and other amenities would even matter. I am sorry your stay was so bad.

Hi! My family of four, plus our pooch, are booked at POR at the end of March. I made the reservation online, then called Disney reservations to let them know (1) we are bringing our dog and (2) request AB building 24, as it is designated as one of the dog friendly buildings. First question, has this building been renovated yet or in process at the present time? Next, what are my chances of receiving my request? Have any of you had an experience with a dog at POR? Thanks so much for any info!

We’ve done two trips to POR with our dog since the new dog policy was put in place and have a third coming up. Their official dog policy is linked as a PDF on the POR page on the main Disney World site. Dogs are not allowed in food and beverage locations, pool areas and fitness center at POR but anywhere else is fair game.

The resort is so well landscaped we really enjoy just walking our little guy around the property and sitting and watching the boats and horses come and go behind the Riverside lobby.

We’ve been in building 24 both trips and love the location. Relatively close to everything and next to a great quiet pool.

Hope you and the furry member of your family have a great time.

Wow! That is really awful. It's as if they never assigned a room to you. Were your room charges correct? Did you do online check-in? Sounds like the IT glitches going on are affecting more than just MDE and FPs.

My family and I will be going here in June of 2020 to celebrate our daughter's graduation from high school. Looking to surprise her in staying in a Royal Guest Room. Do all the rooms have the same theme? Would
you recommend me asking for a particular building, room and/or floor? Thanks pooh:

My family and I will be going here in June of 2020 to celebrate our daughter's graduation from high school. Looking to surprise her in staying in a Royal Guest Room. Do all the rooms have the same theme? Would
you recommend me asking for a particular building, room and/or floor? Thanks pooh:
They all have the same theme. I don’t know how that may change when they resume the renovations.

I would recommend a pool view royal room. When we booked it was only $3 more a night, and it guaranteed you a non parking lot view but more importantly it guaranteed you a room very close to the bridge that takes you to the main building. It was really close to get there, right across the bridge was the corner of the main building with the arcade and RAC, and a short walk around or through the building to the gift shop/lounge/food court. Look on touring plans or portorleans.org to see where the rooms are. We had a stroller so asked for first floor and didn’t get it so we had to backtrack to the elevator every time, which was a tad annoying but we got over it lol. The views are better from 2nd or 3rd floors, I think convenience better first floor (although if you don’t need an elevator there were steps right there from the second floor as well).

I liked the royal rooms, they had cute touches, I’m glad we tried them (but honestly for the price difference I would probably not do them again, we booked them because that was what was available over New Years).

I would request Oak Manor with a resort fax room request about 3-4 days before you plan on leaving. We had an Oak Manor Pool View Royal Room (2nd Floor) and it was quiet and a short walk over the bridge to the main food court. Also, the bust stop was a short walk over behind our building.

Enjoy your planning and trip :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter