Disney's PORT ORLEANS RIVERSIDE RESORT Information & Questions

Hi - I used to know this answer, but that was before fences, magic bands etc.
We are staying at riverside. My DS has autism and just started loving pools. He is 4. Specifically slides at pools. He isn't ready for the Riverside slide- it would scare him being out of sight. But the POFQ triton slide would be perfect.
It used to be ok to stay at Riverside and swim at POFQ because they were sister resorts. It wasn't in the pool hopping rule. Is that still ok?

Thank you

Parterre in the Mansion section is really close to POFQ, so you might request a room close to FQ.

Officially booked at POR for our second time for a quick weekend trip over Labor Day!!! We were originally going to book at Caribbean Beach since the deals are so good there righty now but by the time we got around to actually booking, there were only pirate rooms left that were too much.

Excited to be back at POR!!!

I *think* I know the answer to this, but I wanted to double check: In an alligator bayou room, we can't have 6 in the room even if two of those 6 are under 3? is that correct? we have one infant (under 1) and one 2 year old...we'd like to stick them in room with mom and dad in pack and plays, but I think we'll have to get another room for big sisters (5,6). Anyone know?

I have an open wound on my foot that may not be closed by my trip 8/18. I may rent an ECV I will have no idea until we get closer.

We are in a royal room river view. What should I put in my room request to make my stay easier?

Thanks

So excited! Here's my story. My husband has been wanting to see La Nouba for years but we kept putting it off. Well, we figured we had better do it before December 31 or it would never get done. We booked a room for December at All Star Music because it was a short trip and that's where we stayed for our honeymoon but hadn't been back since. We thought it might be fun to check it out again. Well, then Saturday at D23 it was announced that my favorite WDW ride, Great Movie Ride, would be closing August 13. I was so upset that I would miss out on riding it two last times (because you have to have one last time with the gangster and one last time with the bandit, of course) so my husband told me to book a trip for the first of August to bid it goodbye. Then, last night, he decided he wanted to come, as well, and to cancel our December trip and push everything up to August. And, since neither of us really WANTED to stay at All Star Music... we are finally going back to Port Orleans Riverside! We loved it 5 years ago when we were in a Royal Guest Room and are so excited to go back. We have a king bed this time so no real idea of where we will be, but we don't really care. Just excited to be back at Port Orleans Riverside.

But, let me ask this. When we stayed in 2012, our room was on the first floor and I don't remember it being loud at all, but last summer we were at Caribbean Beach on the first floor and our upstairs neighbors were VERY loud. I think that they were jumping off the beds onto the floor. Anyway, does anyone have experience with louder neighbors at POR? I didn't know if it was worth it to request a top floor room, if first floor is better for convenience and the sound isn't bad, or what.

I've had 2 1st floor rooms at POR, 1 in AB and the other in Magnolia Terrace. We have stayed on the 2nd & 3rd floors the other times. I loved the 1st floor! We did not have any noise issues and it made getting back to the room a tad bit quicker. I am going to request 1st floor from now on.

372 days til we celebrate my daughters 21st bday and staying at our fav resort!!!

I *think* I know the answer to this, but I wanted to double check: In an alligator bayou room, we can't have 6 in the room even if two of those 6 are under 3? is that correct? we have one infant (under 1) and one 2 year old...we'd like to stick them in room with mom and dad in pack and plays, but I think we'll have to get another room for big sisters (5,6). Anyone know?

Actually, you should be able to have 6 in an AB room (with only one under 3) since those rooms can accommodate 5 without one being under 3. (Normally, rooms can only have 5 if one is under 3, but those are rooms that only have 2 queen beds.) The question though is do you really want 6 in one room - that seems like that would be very cramped even with 2 being under 3.

I have an open wound on my foot that may not be closed by my trip 8/18. I may rent an ECV I will have no idea until we get closer.

We are in a royal room river view. What should I put in my room request to make my stay easier?

Thanks

What do you think would make your stay easier? I would probably request ground floor, close to a bus stop.

We have our 2nd POR stay booked for December 8th to the 16th and I am very excited! We stayed in Acadia last year but this trip it will just be me and DH and I am considering AB for something a little different. Do all the rooms have the extra bed instead of a full dresser? I don't need the extra bed and don't want to give up the extra storage space.
Thank you for any help!

Last edited:

We spent 6 nights at POR this week, our first on-site stay at Disney, and it was amazing. Our 10yo went on and on about how much he liked staying onsite. We had a pool view room and it was great to just walk out the door and straight to the pool. Our walk from the room to the main building was about 3-4 minutes. Although we were not on a meal plan we purchased two refillable mugs and often walked to the main building to fill them both before we went to the parks and at the end of the day.

Our mouse keeping cast member was great. We left notes for her every day with our tip and she always wrote back. The room did have a tub faucet that dripped, but that was about the worst issue we had.

Initially we had asked for an upper floor in the AB section, but in the end we got ground floor in Magnolia Terrace an upper floor pool view room in AB was not available when we checked in (even at 4pm on check-in day). We really enjoyed it, and the proximity to the bridge to Old Man Island was a huge bonus. I think I would still like to try out the AB section, but Magnolia Terrace was very peaceful.

And so begins our planning for our next Disney trips: our first-ever cruise next summer, and then a longer WDW trip in 2020 for my son's Grade 8 graduation!

We have our 2nd POR stay booked for December 8th to the 16th and I am very excited! We stayed in Acadia last year but this trip it will just be me and DH and I am considering AB for something a little different. Do all the rooms have the extra bed instead of a full dresser? I don't need the extra bed and don't want to give up the extra storage space.
Thank you for any help!

As part of the refurbishments from 5 years ago, virtually all the rooms in AB had the Murphy bed installed. The only rooms that didn't get a Murphy bed are the rooms that kept ADA compliancy.

Currently staying in AB bldg 16 and love how big the room is and how comfortable the beds are (anyone knows the mattress model?!?). My dd5 is a big fan of the murphy bed.

Currently staying in AB bldg 16 and love how big the room is and how comfortable the beds are (anyone knows the mattress model?!?). My dd5 is a big fan of the murphy bed.

We were there in the mansions over a week ago and loved the mattresses too!!! We wished we checked the mattresses for their model/brand info before we left. Can't you lift the sheets and check?

Hi! We are booked for our First stay at POR Royal Room garden view December 16-23. Is POR decorated special for Christmas? For those that have stayed here before what do you love about POR? TIA

Is POR decorated special for Christmas?

It is indeed.

PO.org-Guest-RiverRooster-20161120-183345_forum.jpg

PO.org-Guest-RiverRooster-20161127-104822_forum.jpg

Andre

You should be able to. Put your party info in the online booking system. It will show you what rooms work four your party size. If you don't know when you are going, put in dates for one night next summer so you don't get confused by there being no availability for a room type that would otherwise work.

In an alligator bayou room, we can't have 6 in the room even if two of those 6 are under 3? is that correct? we have one infant (under 1) and one 2 year old...

I just checked, the online system will allow you to book for two adults, two children and two infants. It doesn't like it if you set one of the infants to 2 years old, so might be an idea to simply state two infants.

Andre

We have 2 rooms booked at POR, preferred category. Do we need to request adjoining rooms, or does that happen automatically if they are linked in the reservations?

We have 2 rooms booked at POR, preferred category. Do we need to request adjoining rooms, or does that happen automatically if they are linked in the reservations?

To be honest, it may not even happen even if you do request it, remember it's just a request. But certainly worth asking anyway, you definitely stand a better chance that way. Also make sure your two rooms are linked on the reservations system in advance so they know it's one travelling party.

By the way, do you mean Adjoining (as in next door, or at least close to each other) or Connecting (which would mean you also get a connecting internal doorway between the two rooms)?

Andre

To be honest, it may not even happen even if you do request it, remember it's just a request. But certainly worth asking anyway, you definitely stand a better chance that way. Also make sure your two rooms are linked on the reservations system in advance so they know it's one travelling party.

By the way, do you mean Adjoining (as in next door, or at least close to each other) or Connecting (which would mean you also get a connecting internal doorway between the two rooms)?

Andre
Hi - thanks, Andre! I do mean adjoining, it's my parents & our family it would be nice to be in the same vicinity. Do you think if I request adjoining & they don't have it, they would put us in the same building?

Hi - thanks, Andre! I do mean adjoining, it's my parents & our family it would be nice to be in the same vicinity. Do you think if I request adjoining & they don't have it, they would put us in the same building?

As long as you don't have lots of other requests, you should be fine. When you fax, let them know you don't need connecting but just in the same area of the building so you are only a few rooms apart.

Andre

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter