Disney's PORT ORLEANS RIVERSIDE RESORT Information & Questions

If the start/finish is in the same place as it is for Princess (I think it is?), she'll be fine. It's actually a very short ride. I'd suggest booking preferred, so that you won't have far to walk though.

The start and finish for all the races are in the Epcot parking lot. I looked at the course maps for the Princess weekend, and the Marathon weekend, and the courses for the same-length runs are very close, if not outright identical.

When pricing a room, she wanted the cheapest room possible. I suggested getting at least a garden view, since it was only like $25 more for the entire trip. She knows how expansive the resort can be, and she said she's fine anywhere.

Woot, DW finally came around to my point of view and we just switched our two room reservation from Pop Century to POR in November!

Really stoked, last trip we stayed a FQ and it quickly became my fave resort, tho DW still likes C. Springs the best.

One quick Q: we have garden view rooms, and my family all wants the magnolia bend rooms vs gator bayou.. Do they usually honor that sort of request or should I prep family for possible disappointment?
We prefer Magnolia Bend and always request that. I've never been put in AB.

I did my online check in last night and my only request options were: corner room, higher floor and lower floor.

That is left in the hands of the Room Assignors. You can put in a request for a mansion room, but as the standard disclaimer for every request: it's never guaranteed. For something this simple, just saying "I'd like to have a room in a Magnolia Bend Mansion," that shouldn't be an issue. It's when you ask for "room 8231" with no reason as to why that causes issues.

That's what I was figuring.. I think with a broad request will be ok. Mansions are waaay more into DW's tastes.. :)

I've never been given an AB room in the numerous times I've stayed at POR. I always request Magnolia Bend and that's what I get. I'm going to go find some wood to knock on right now.

Good to hear, we don't normally sweat the rooms much but honestly I'd rather go back to FQ than do the AB rooms... Just grown to love that style. Even my 3 yr old is a fan..

I assume since you've been "numerous times" that you are a POR fan? :)

Does Magical Express stop at any other resorts before it drops off at Port Orleans? This is our first trip to this resort and we are so excited! We have stayed at value resorts every other time that we have been.

Does Magical Express stop at any other resorts before it drops off at Port Orleans? This is our first trip to this resort and we are so excited! We have stayed at value resorts every other time that we have been.

It varies, but often The Disney Springs area resorts can be done in one run (Saratoga Springs, Old Key West, Port Orleans French Quarter and Riverside). But it depends on how many guests there are waiting for each.

Andre

I think it changes depending on ME's needs. I think that we stopped at OKW, definitely POFQ, maybe another one before OKW, a few years ago. POR was last, but we enjoyed looking at the grounds at the other resorts.

We'll be there at the same time! POR is really pretty.

Good to hear, we don't normally sweat the rooms much but honestly I'd rather go back to FQ than do the AB rooms... Just grown to love that style. Even my 3 yr old is a fan..

I assume since you've been "numerous times" that you are a POR fan? :)
Oh Yes! I love POR! It's my favorite winter home away from home! Enjoy!

I am so excited ...we were booked at CBR where we always stay but switched due to th Renovations there and I am now so very excited. We have a royal room standard view booked and I will ask for not a disabilities access room based on what I have read here. Is one building nicer than the other ... I know the rooms will be exactly the same inside. Also if you are placed near an elevator ... We don't need one ... Are they noisy In your room?
We are from the UK and staying for 13 nights after touring on a road trip taking in Atlanta, Alabama, Nashville, St Louis, Memphis, Natchez, Baton Rouge and New Orleans. We are staying in two plantations as part of the trip so staying in Riverside is totally in keeping and the highlight at the end. It will also be the first time in 13 visits we will ever see it decorated for Christmas. I feel like I am going To burst

I always request a room away from the elevators as I feel they are too noisy. Hope your stay is wonderful.

We're in POR in August having switched to a POR preferred room when we learned about the construction work at CBR.
Only issue is that my preference would actually be for a Mansion room. The preferred room was the only alternative we were offered and had I known when I accepted that al the preferred rooms were in AB.
Do you think that if I did the room request fax and offered to forgo the preferred room for a mansion room we would be successful? As we're there for 24 days I can't really commit to a Royal room which would obviously guarantee us a mansion room. $$$

We're in POR in August having switched to a POR preferred room when we learned about the construction work at CBR.
Only issue is that my preference would actually be for a Mansion room. The preferred room was the only alternative we were offered and had I known when I accepted that al the preferred rooms were in AB.
Do you think that if I did the room request fax and offered to forgo the preferred room for a mansion room we would be successful? As we're there for 24 days I can't really commit to a Royal room which would obviously guarantee us a mansion room. $$$
Maybe it will work if you explain like you did here and offer to pay the preferred rate even though you want to be in Magnolia Bend.

I'll take your preferred room and you can have my mansion room (if I get one);):rotfl:

The start and finish for all the races are in the Epcot parking lot. I looked at the course maps for the Princess weekend, and the Marathon weekend, and the courses for the same-length runs are very close, if not outright identical.

When pricing a room, she wanted the cheapest room possible. I suggested getting at least a garden view, since it was only like $25 more for the entire trip. She knows how expansive the resort can be, and she said she's fine anywhere.

She might not think that after she's run a marathon and has to walk clear to the other side of the resort! lol "Not that far" seemed a lot farther to me after my half.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter