Disney's PORT ORLEANS RIVERSIDE RESORT Information & Questions

I think AB and the mansions are very, very different areas, and while I don't think separating them completely would work because all the facilities areas are common, I do think that they are different enough for it to be better to allow people to specifically book one side or the other (like you can at Saratgoa Springs with the regular sections or the treehouse villas)

Andre

I never thought about that, where other hotels have different areas like that. at Saratoga, is there an "I don't care" option at booking, also, or do you have to choose when you book?

A morning walk from my Riverside room to the French Quarter food court to get some beignets was a big highlight of my trip. It was so quiet, even on New Year's Day (I think everyone else was still hungover :D)

Looking forward to that walk after our late night at the DIS party! Nothing planned for the next day until dinner so we can soak up all of our relaxing kid-free vacation time!

Looking forward to that walk after our late night at the DIS party! Nothing planned for the next day until dinner so we can soak up all of our relaxing kid-free vacation time!

This is one of those walks where you want to take the time to absorb the theming of the area. When I walked that path, part of me actually forgot, for that moment, that I was in WDW. The immersion is so good, it felt like I was actually in Louisiana and not a theme park.

That was the moment for me where this was no longer just a hotel, but it's now my home away from home.

Well if a picture speaks a thousand words...

POR-AB-2011-3995_forum.jpg

POR-AB-2013-0239_forum.jpg

POR-AB-2011-3522_forum.jpg

POR-AB-2011-3422_forum.jpg

POR-AB-2013-0309_forum.jpg

Andre

That pretty much covers it! I also love the log furniture!

I think AB and the mansions are very, very different areas, and while I don't think separating them completely would work because all the facilities areas are common, I do think that they are different enough for it to be better to allow people to specifically book one side or the other (like you can at Saratgoa Springs with the regular sections or the treehouse villas)

Andre

That's not a bad idea! I really don't care which section I'm in, but I know a lot of people have strong feelings about it.

This is one of those walks where you want to take the time to absorb the theming of the area. When I walked that path, part of me actually forgot, for that moment, that I was in WDW. The immersion is so good, it felt like I was actually in Louisiana and not a theme park.

That was the moment for me where this was no longer just a hotel, but it's now my home away from home.
Yes! It's my winter oasis away from winter in Maine.

is there a way i can get a room confirmed after I book with the murphy bed. it is me, my husband, my 14 year old son and my 18 year old daughter. My husband dont want to share a bed with my son and dont think my 2 kid will share a bed (yuck ) Can I call disney and let them know i need the room with the murphy bed?

is there a way i can get a room confirmed after I book with the murphy bed. it is me, my husband, my 14 year old son and my 18 year old daughter. My husband dont want to share a bed with my son and dont think my 2 kid will share a bed (yuck ) Can I call disney and let them know i need the room with the murphy bed?

The only way to guarantee getting a Murphy bed is to book preferred, since all preferred rooms are in Alligator Bayou, and all Alligator Bayou rooms have the Murphy bed. Otherwise, it's just a request. And actually, the Murphy bed is only 63" long, so it may not be a good option for either of your kids anyway. A better option would be to bring an inflatable twin size mattress.

Last edited:
Is there any advantage to checking in online? I figure if it speeds up the process I could do so when we get off the plane, but it's our honeymoon so I wanted to mention it while checking in. Should we just go to the desk or should we do it on the app?

Is there any advantage to checking in online? I figure if it speeds up the process I could do so when we get off the plane, but it's our honeymoon so I wanted to mention it while checking in. Should we just go to the desk or should we do it on the app?

If you're planning on going to the front desk anyway then there's not very much advantage other than getting two chances of being allocated a good room location (once a few hours before you arrive, and again when you get there if you ask them to have another look). The queue at the desk is the same either way.

However there is no downside to doing online checkin, so why not do it anyway?

Andre

If you're planning on going to the front desk anyway then there's not very much advantage other than getting two chances of being allocated a good room location (once a few hours before you arrive, and again when you get there if you ask them to have another look). The queue at the desk is the same either way.

However there is no downside to doing online checkin, so why not do it anyway?

Andre

It doesn't hurt anything to check in online and then go to the desk when we get there anyway right?

If we would really like to be in the Mansions would it be ok to do online check in? That is not an option. Or would I need to fax in a request? We have a late flight so I would like to skip the actual check in process but the Mansions sound super neat.

We just switched to POR for next weekend..can you swim at POFQ or is that considered "pool hopping" and not allowed?

We just switched to POR for next weekend..can you swim at POFQ or is that considered "pool hopping" and not allowed?

POFQ and POR are considered "sister resorts" As such, all amenities in both resorts can be used by people staying at either hotel. So you can go into Doubloon Lagoon with no problem.

It doesn't hurt anything to check in online and then go to the desk when we get there anyway right?

They'll probably ask you to take all your things and leave! :headache:

Just kidding of course! I'm one of those people who does both if I can just to get the map and a celebration badge if we need one.

I booked a King Room..but it doesn't tell me the view...Garden, Pool, River... How do I know?

I booked a King Room..but it doesn't tell me the view...Garden, Pool, River... How do I know?

King rooms transcend all categories - you could get any category. We stayed there a few weeks ago in a King room and requested (and got) room 8742, which is right by the bridge to Ol Man Island and looking out over the river. It was a gorgeous view.. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter