Disney's PORT ORLEANS RIVERSIDE RESORT Information & Questions

Yes. You can pay the room only balance prior to your arrival with Gift Cards. I've done that multiple times.

Excellent, so you just call the reservations center anytime and quote them the Gift Card numbers and they'll credit them against your outstanding balance?

Andre

We are going to POR in October and have 2 rooms but they are under separate reservation numbers. Were your 5 rooms under separate reservations or one? If under separate, how did you request the connecting rooms...by listing each reservation number, last name, etc. Just wondering the best way to communicate it to them. We do have our reservations linked if that makes a difference.

Sounds like you had a great trip, this will be our first time at POR and we are so excited!

I hope you love it as much as we do!
Sounds like your room reservations are like ours. We each had our own confirmation number and were linked as traveling together. The majority of our trips are as a big family and we've never had an issue getting rooms near each other.

We just returned from our four day stay at POR. We had four groups of families in four rooms. I had booked a preferred room for our son and grandsons and a King room for us. I had called central reservations yo request connecting or as close as possible. The only other request was AB and a corner room for the king room. I had sent in a fax request using Andre's suggested format. I faxed it five days ahead of arrival and we got our requests. We were in room 1401 and our son was in 1408. Both of them were corner rooms. They were also close to the food court which was great. We could not have been happier with the rooms.

We spent a lot of time at the main pool. We loved how it had plenty of shade. We found the pool bar to be convenient, too. Our grandsons had a great time and found lots of friends to hang out with.

We saw Tiana in the lobby two days in a row. And Cinderella was there on one of the days.

But we had some huge bus lines when trying to leave DHS and Epcot. They were up to six bus loads long at park close. The buses sometimes stopped at French Quarter which made the trip back longer. But going to the parks was usually better. And we had some good bus karma, too

We really enjoyed staying at POR. The bus situation was the only negative thing we experienced. The CMs and services were great.

Edited to correct the room number.

Last edited:
It's going OK as far as I know, due to be completed mid-July. Don't worry, they won't place you in a section where work is currently going on.

Andre

They may not place you where work is going on but they will put you overlooking the construction storage area. We just returned from a trip and our room was 8794 in Magnolia Bend. I don't mind a parking lot view but hated the construction pit view!

Wonder why the princesses were there? Has anyone ever seen them at POR before?

Thanks Andre! I appreciate all that you do on this board and on your website. By the way, I have to completely agree with your saying about your second home. It is ours as well.

Mine too. I call it my vacation home. I think about other resorts I'd like to stay in, but I don't know when I'll do it. I think I'd miss POR.

10-15 minutes or so. Portions are shaded. You can also take the boat between resorts.

It sure seemed farther than that to me! Though it was really hot and I was in a lot of pain already.

Good to know!

It sure seemed farther than that to me! Though it was really hot and I was in a lot of pain already.

It kinda depends on where within POR your room is. From the closest of POR's rooms (Parterre Place) to the POFQ pool is 600 yards (7 mins walk), but from the furthest point it could be nearer 1400 yards (16+ mins). From the POR central marina, by the main building, it's about 800 yards (about 9 mins walk, or take the boat if it's before 5pm).

However in the Florida heat, and stopping to see stuff en route, the 'feels like' distance could be a lot more... :)

Andre

I'm brand new to this thread. I've spent the last 4 months researching CBR, finding out exactly what section I wanted to be in, pros/cons etc. I was booked in a water view room, with plans to get Jamaica 45 in May 7 of 2017. But when I called yesterday to move my reservation up by one day, they couldn't put me in the same category room. The only category that was available was preferred. I didn't see the value of spending an extra $60 per day, so I cancelled CBR and booked POR instead.

I've never been to POR before. I've watched the videos and read through this thread a little. It will be me, DS 11, DS 9, and of course DW. We are going in May with plans on spending two days at the resort. Quick and easy access to pool is important. Access to food is second priority, bussing third. We are driving in, so we will have our car. I'm booked in a standard room. Is there any section that's better than the others. I see a lot of AB mentioned in the thread. If AB is better than Magnolia, why is that so? If I'm booked in a standard room, is there any building that gives better access than any others? Two boys, so we don't want princesses.

I appreciate the feedback.

I'm brand new to this thread. I've spent the last 4 months researching CBR, finding out exactly what section I wanted to be in, pros/cons etc. I was booked in a water view room, with plans to get Jamaica 45 in May 7 of 2017. But when I called yesterday to move my reservation up by one day, they couldn't put me in the same category room. The only category that was available was preferred. I didn't see the value of spending an extra $60 per day, so I cancelled CBR and booked POR instead.

I've never been to POR before. I've watched the videos and read through this thread a little. It will be me, DS 11, DS 9, and of course DW. We are going in May with plans on spending two days at the resort. Quick and easy access to pool is important. Access to food is second priority, bussing third. We are driving in, so we will have our car. I'm booked in a standard room. Is there any section that's better than the others. I see a lot of AB mentioned in the thread. If AB is better than Magnolia, why is that so? If I'm booked in a standard room, is there any building that gives better access than any others? Two boys, so we don't want princesses.

I appreciate the feedback.

I think it's just a matter of opinion. Look at pics of both rooms and decide what appeals to you more. Your boys might enjoy AB better because of the woodsy feel and rustic rooms. I think the quiet pools in AB are prettier but otherwise I prefer MB rooms because of the sights and sounds of the river and carriage rides along the path along with the walk to the rooms from the main area. I like the decor in MB better too but that's just me!

Any idea as to why?

Characters have been showing up at the resorts on and off. They are not scheduled and just pop in. Seems to happen more when the weather is really bad. A couple weeks ago Goofy and Captain Jack Sparrow were at CBR.

Characters have been showing up at the resorts on and off. They are not scheduled and just pop in. Seems to happen more when the weather is really bad. A couple weeks ago Goofy and Captain Jack Sparrow were at CBR.

Correct. POR is designated as a rainy-day character location. It's generally not pre-planned, but if the weather is so bad that it is keeping people at the resort rather than going to the parks, they put these visits in place.

Andre

That's hardly "close or connecting" though, building 24 is right out of the edge of the resort, a long way from the preferred location rooms.

Andre
Oops - we were in 1401 and our son in 1408. I didn't do a good job of proof reading before I posted. ;)

Correct. POR is designated as a rainy-day character location. It's generally not pre-planned, but if the weather is so bad that it is keeping people at the resort rather than going to the parks, they put these visits in place.

Andre

No idea! So good to know!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter