Disney's PORT ORLEANS RIVERSIDE RESORT Information & Questions

We have stayed here a few times and love it! Does anyone know what section we may end up in if we booked a preferred room this time? Going for new year's and wanted to stay close to things, so figured preferred may help with that.
The Alligator Bayou section. Check out map and info on page 1.

We have stayed here a few times and love it! Does anyone know what section we may end up in if we booked a preferred room this time? Going for new year's and wanted to stay close to things, so figured preferred may help with that.
You will be in the Bayou section. The map at www.portorleans.org has the preferred buildings noted.

Last edited:
Hello,

Trying to plan to see yeehaw Bob. Do people usually stay from 8-12 or does he have separate shows each night?

Thanks

I have booked a Preferred Room and showed DH some of the views from various rooms on the Touring Plans website. I have a two year subscription. Can anyone who has used their room request service tell me how to do this? I am not very savvy with the site and now DH really, really wants a particular room. Well, there are four he really likes.

Hello,

Trying to plan to see yeehaw Bob. Do people usually stay from 8-12 or does he have separate shows each night?

Thanks
He takes a break in the middle. During our visits the songs in the 2nd half are different from the 1st part of his show. We usually go for about 2 hours or so.

Hello,
My family of four is staying at POR in a month and we reserved a Garden View room. Is there a specific building that is preferred and I should request? I know not all requests are guaranteed.

Also, I searched on other websites, but I am looking for someone's recent bus experience. What bus depot is preferred for getting to MK or Epcot? I read that the South Depot is the last stop, and often times can be full, so our best bet is the West Depot. Is this true?

Thanks again!

My TA emailed me and told me they will have agency exclusive rates here during my possible dates for next year. The only bummer is that they are only offered on standard view rooms, and I would prefer a garden view. Oh well, you take what you can get.
I would send a room request fax and state something about how you are excited to stay at POR and give them some info about your traveling party, ex. our boys first trip, celebration, etc. We booked an agency exclusive standard room this past May and ended up in a preferred room. The CM who checked us quoted my fax verbatim.

Hello,
My family of four is staying at POR in a month and we reserved a Garden View room. Is there a specific building that is preferred and I should request? I know not all requests are guaranteed.

Also, I searched on other websites, but I am looking for someone's recent bus experience. What bus depot is preferred for getting to MK or Epcot? I read that the South Depot is the last stop, and often times can be full, so our best bet is the West Depot. Is this true?

Thanks again!

Yes. It's West, North, East, South. We used North. Two times in a week the bus skipped the South Depot after the East Depot and went directly to the park, because the bus was already full. But there are always more busses coming. The monitors will tell you when the next bus is coming for each park, and in the mornings, they averaged 10-12 minutes between busses to each park. If it says 12 minutes till the next MK bus, you just missed one.

Some people need to worry about getting a seat, but we are able bodied and ages 10-47 in our family, so we always stood if the bus was full. We used North because it was closest, but there usually were seats when we got on.

It took roughly 30 minutes from arriving at the bus stop to scanning in the park for Epcot and DHS and 45 minutes for MK and AK.

Portorleans.org is the best source of info if you haven't looked there. Great info on the bus and boat transportation.

Yes. It's West, North, East, South. We used North. Two times in a week the bus skipped the South Depot after the East Depot and went directly to the park, because the bus was already full. But there are always more busses coming. The monitors will tell you when the next bus is coming for each park, and in the mornings, they averaged 10-12 minutes between busses to each park. If it says 12 minutes till the next MK bus, you just missed one.

Some people need to worry about getting a seat, but we are able bodied and ages 10-47 in our family, so we always stood if the bus was full. We used North because it was closest, but there usually were seats when we got on.

It took roughly 30 minutes from arriving at the bus stop to scanning in the park for Epcot and DHS and 45 minutes for MK and AK.

Portorleans.org is the best source of info if you haven't looked there. Great info on the bus and boat transportation.
Just want to add that, generally, when the bus skips South it is because South is getting it's own bus, that doesn't stop at any of the other depots.

Of course, there's no way of knowing if you go to South, whether it'll be the last or only stop. Or, if it was supposed to be the last stop, was skipped, and a bus was dispatched for South, meaning a longer wait. Or, if it was planned to be the only stop.

I think the best strategy is just go to the closest stop from where you're coming from.

I know this has been discussed before, but I'll add my recent experience. We just stayed in Alligator Bayou building 36, in room 3657. We were a minute walk to the quiet pool, two minutes to the North Depot, and 5.5 minutes to the food court. I did walk with purpose, but even being out as far as we were, it's not a 15 minute walk like some people think.

We prefer to be closer to a bus stop than the food court, because we go to the bus stop more often, so that is what we requested.

Here now and the resort and the room (mansions) is beautiful. One bit of frustration-we checked in around 11 and didn't expect a room to be ready and it wasn't. They also told us they couldn't honor my request of an upper floor. They told us we would get a text within a couple of hours. We went for lunch and to explore then relaxed on a couch in he bar area. We never got a text, so at 3:30 I went to inquire about it and the CM said, "Oh yeah your room was ready at 1:30. You should have gotten a text." Just a little annoying. Hopefully that is our biggest issue of the week.

Debating between POR and POFQ for a stay this coming May. Was wondering for those that have stayed at both, why you prefer POR? (We have stayed at POR but never POFQ)

Debating between POR and POFQ for a stay this coming May. Was wondering for those that have stayed at both, why you prefer POR? (We have stayed at POR but never POFQ)

My family stayed at both over the years (Dixie Landings back in the day), and each is just a different "feel." POR has a bigger food court and a bigger layout, and different buildings, whereas FQ is more compact, and the buildings are similar throughout the resort. The pools are different, so I'd look at pics of those too when deciding. My family is open to both resorts and we truly like them both. It is usually the number of people they/we want in one room that decides whether to go for Riverside (for the little bed in AB) or FQ. Honestly though the real difference that strikes me is the "compactness" of FQ vs. the larger spread of River. What I want in a hotel tends to change from trip to trip...

Last edited:
Someone just asked me on Twitter about a direct bus service between POR and Fort Wilderness after 4pm (for Hoop Dee Doo) which apparently All Ears mentions. I've never heard of such a thing, has anyone else ever seen a direct bus for Ft Wilderness, or is it a mistake on the AE site?

Andre

Hey guys. Staying here 15th-26th October this year but we are now arriving on on the 14th (flying from UK) so need 1 night somewhere. The only room left is the Royal Room and we are booked into a garden view room. If we were to stay at FQ would they move our luggage across the next day or could we walk with it over to Riverside? Thanks! (I've only checked online as to what rooms were available)

Hey guys. Staying here 15th-26th October this year but we are now arriving on on the 14th (flying from UK) so need 1 night somewhere. The only room left is the Royal Room and we are booked into a garden view room. If we were to stay at FQ would they move our luggage across the next day or could we walk with it over to Riverside? Thanks! (I've only checked online as to what rooms were available)
They will move your luggage for you. You would have Bell services pick it up from your first resort and they will deliver it to your second resort, usually by 3 or 4pm. You could also walk over to Riverside with it if you want it sooner.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!