• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney's PORT ORLEANS FRENCH QUARTER RESORT Information & Questions

2) Is the water pressure as bad as they say? Am I gonna come home tired from the park and spend 30 minutes washing my hair?

3) I dislike they have shower curtains. Do the curtains attack you? You know what I mean, lol, grosses me out

5) Do you get face clothes?
Stayed in 2019 and am excited to stay again in September! I can answer a couple of these :) I also have thick hair and felt like the water pressure was good, similar to at home. I don't use a blow dryer so can't answer that, sorry. The shower curtains don't attack you, the tubs are wide enough you should be fine. If you mean wash cloths (?), they had them in 2019 so I would think they still do.

What kind of food/beverages can be purchased in the gift shop? Flying for this trip and would love to have some quick snack/breakfast foods in the room to help us in the mornings? We have stayed at POFQ before but not for five years and we've never gone in the gift shop. TIA!
I was there a couple of weeks ago and they had small tubs of cereal you could buy in the food court. In the gift shop they had food like chips and candy. They probably had more food but I can't remember. I remember seeing at riverside they had big boxes of cereal which pofq didn't have so you could walk over to buy that if you wanted.

Is coffee available at Sassagoula before 7:00 am ? I’ll be using a refillable mug. Since I’m the early riser in the family, I’m the designated LL getter. I don’t want to use the coffee maker in the room because I don’t want to wake people up. But, dang I need coffee before I tackle Genie+ 🤪

Hi all! Hopefully (plane has already been delayed an hr) flying in very late tonight and we want some GF beignets 😁 A bit confused about where and at what time we can pick some up tomorrow. Any help would be appreciated!

Hi all! Hopefully (plane has already been delayed an hr) flying in very late tonight and we want some GF beignets 😁 A bit confused about where and at what time we can pick some up tomorrow. Any help would be appreciated!
Scat Cat's Club Cafe is located directly off the lobby. This is where they are serving up the biegnets now. They are open 6AM to Midnight.

Is coffee available at Sassagoula before 7:00 am ? I’ll be using a refillable mug.
Yes. It opens at 6AM.

I see people mentioning shrimp & grits. I don't see it on any menus at FQ, am I just not seeing it? Help a girl out :)
Boatwright's at POR had it on the menu in February, but the recipe wasn't as good as what we enjoyed at Sassagoula Floatwork's in POFQ (the grits were mixed with some gravy or cheese).

Opinions on this resort for a couple in their 30’s (no kids)? We stayed at CSR last time and we loved it. My husband really likes the feel of this resort from the videos and pictures we have seen.
My husband and I love this resort. We stay with and without our daughter

Just pointing out that Sassagoula definituely USED to open at 6am, but Disney lists opening as 7am. @StageTek, what do you think?

They do change hours. When I was there in December it opened at 6.
I wish they'd keep the 6am opening all the time. I typically take a super early trip to the food court for my half and half while I make my room coffee, and I'm going to have to remember to do it the day before now!

I wish they'd keep the 6am opening all the time. I typically take a super early trip to the food court for my half and half while I make my room coffee, and I'm going to have to remember to do it the day before now!
I recently stayed at SSR and food court didn’t open until 8 for coffee. It was painful. I made coffee in the room but it wasn’t the same

Never stayed POFQ (very excited!!) and am deciding on my room request. I generally like a top floor rooms so I don’t have the noises of people above me. That looks like it’s the 3rd floor here. Do all the buildings have elevators? Are the hallways extra noisy? I’ve stayed in some motels where kids running up and down the hallways can sound like a heard of elephants so I don’t want to bite myself in the behind here with my request 😂

Never stayed POFQ (very excited!!) and am deciding on my room request. I generally like a top floor rooms so I don’t have the noises of people above me. That looks like it’s the 3rd floor here. Do all the buildings have elevators? Are the hallways extra noisy? I’ve stayed in some motels where kids running up and down the hallways can sound like a heard of elephants so I don’t want to bite myself in the behind here with my request 😂
The rooms are accessible from outside-like a motel. The walkway is concrete. So, the running won’t be loud but you will be able to hear people if they are moderately loud. You will hear pool noise if you have a pool view and you will hear the boat horn if near the dock.

I personally like the bottom floor because it is less foot traffic because the rooms are off the garden (garden view).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter