Disney's PORT ORLEANS FRENCH QUARTER RESORT Information & Questions

I saw on TP lines chat that FQ lifeguards just got called back. Hope this means PO resorts will be opening soon!!

Interesting, seems odd though. Lifeguards would perhaps need some refresher training before starting back at work, but that would apply to most CM positions too, and would only be needed very close to an opening date. Were any dates for them to re-start their employment discussed?

Andre

I'm honestly hoping that they'll start to ramp up Port Orleans for their 50th Anniversary kick off. But I guess we shall see!

They are going to have to drastically increase park capacity to be ready to open more rooms. As it is now there are people who have room reservations who are unable to get park reservations during Spring Break weeks. To open more rooms without increasing capacity limits will just exacerbate that problem.

Interesting, seems odd though. Lifeguards would perhaps need some refresher training before starting back at work, but that would apply to most CM positions too, and would only be needed very close to an opening date. Were any dates for them to re-start their employment discussed?

Andre

Unfortunately, no. But they did say for certain that they knew they were being called back to FQ. Of course, it's all just hearsay. Who knows what is really going to happen.

They are going to have to drastically increase park capacity to be ready to open more rooms. As it is now there are people who have room reservations who are unable to get park reservations during Spring Break weeks. To open more rooms without increasing capacity limits will just exacerbate that problem.

That's a really good point. If I'm being honest, I really wouldn't expect much more to open up this year. I'm just being hopeful because I'm sick of staying at the same resort over the last few trips! ETA: This makes me wonder if they're actually going to reopen AS Movies next week. It's supposed to reopen on the 22nd, so either they expand park capacity (or have after the 22nd) or they won't open it for the reason you stated. It'll be interesting to see what happens.

Last edited:
This makes me wonder if they're actually going to reopen AS Movies next week. It's supposed to reopen on the 22nd, so either they expand park capacity (or have after the 22nd) or they won't open it for the reason you stated. It'll be interesting to see what happens.

I'm torn on this. Booked at ASMo for early May. I prefer it over POP for the size. But I really hope park capacity isnt increased too much. Its likely either park capacity will be increasing or I get moved. I am prepared to make the best of it and its a solo trip so only my thoughts and feelings to contend with. In a perfect year I would have been staying at POFQ for this trip. Ironically it was one resort I never desired, having walked through it once and being scared off by the Jesters!!! However after booking CBR before a major renovation being announced led to a super discount here. I was hooked and cant wait to stay again!

I'm torn on this. Booked at ASMo for early May. I prefer it over POP for the size. But I really hope park capacity isnt increased too much. Its likely either park capacity will be increasing or I get moved. I am prepared to make the best of it and its a solo trip so only my thoughts and feelings to contend with. In a perfect year I would have been staying at POFQ for this trip. Ironically it was one resort I never desired, having walked through it once and being scared off by the Jesters!!! However after booking CBR before a major renovation being announced led to a super discount here. I was hooked and cant wait to stay again!
Disney bloggers have been tweeting/noting that Disney had updated the AS Movies website with what would be open and available when the resort opened, which makes it seem likely. If so, then they almost have to increase capacity in the parks -- or at least you'd think.

Sorry for getting OT, I just really want PO to reopen!

Last edited:
I drove there March 13 2020 just to get a beignet when I heard they were closing. Can’t believe it’s been a year!
Don't know why I never thought to do this! Maybe when they open back up again. Thanks for the tip!

Here's a pic for you old timers out there.
1992, back when they were Port Orleans and Dixie Landings...........

We are going early to mid June and reservation are at POFQ. I’ve been hearing around 90 days out, Disney has been contacting people to change their reservations from a resort that is still closed to one that will be open in time for their vacation. We are about two months out from our trip.

We are going early to mid June and reservation are at POFQ. I’ve been hearing around 90 days out, Disney has been contacting people to change their reservations from a resort that is still closed to one that will be open in time for their vacation. We are about two months out from our trip.

You might want to call Disney... Your possible alternative choices will only keep narrowing between now and then.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter