Disney's PORT ORLEANS FRENCH QUARTER RESORT Information & Questions

This may have been stated earlier but I didn't see it on the last few pages. Which buildings have now been renovated? I arrive on Nov. 1 and am trying to figure out if I want to make a room request or not. Any help is appreciated!!

This may have been stated earlier but I didn't see it on the last few pages. Which buildings have now been renovated? I arrive on Nov. 1 and am trying to figure out if I want to make a room request or not. Any help is appreciated!!
All renovations have been completed.

French Quarter is the one already done; they are still working on Riverside to my knowledge.

I did EMM in April 2018 staying at POFQ. I caught a bus right at 6:30am (only one on) and I was at MK super quick with a lot of time to kill. I'd suggest just being at the bus stop as early as you can...more chances to catch a bus and get on with your day.
Thank you all for replying. Very helpful! Can't wait !

Are Mickey waffles served until 11 am?

We land at 8:25 am and are taking DME to POFQ. DD really wants to try and get a Mickey waffle once we get to the resort. We are going to hit MK after.

To request or not request??? I am staying POFQ the first weekend in November for Wine and Dine Marathon weekend. My BFF and I are going for a girls weekend. We have booked a Garden View room. Since this is my first time staying at this resort I am unsure whether I should make a request or not. I have a subscription to Touring Plans and have made requests through them before, but I cannot figure out if I need to do that for POFQ. Advice??

On the EMM for DHS thread, reports are that buses are running as early as 6 AM, with lots of people catching one around 6:20. Sounds as reliable as anything else, but people are also checking on the app that morning for bus arrival times.

We aren't going until March so I can't verify, but you can check the thread here:https://www.disboards.com/threads/d...scussion-see-post-3-for-review-links.3701980/
On the same thread people have pre-booked Mears taxi’s online the day before with no issues. It’s been said you can order exactly what you need, so wheelchair lift or car seats. The one person ordered one with car seats. They were texted when the driver arrived (15 minutes early) and the seat was already in place. So if in doubt this may be the way to go. My understanding is the Minnie Van app doesn’t open until 6:30 so you’d have to be on it straight away and competing with the others who were after the same ride.

To request or not request??? I am staying POFQ the first weekend in November for Wine and Dine Marathon weekend. My BFF and I are going for a girls weekend. We have booked a Garden View room. Since this is my first time staying at this resort I am unsure whether I should make a request or not. I have a subscription to Touring Plans and have made requests through them before, but I cannot figure out if I need to do that for POFQ. Advice??
My MIL and I stayed in a garden room in Building 4. Literally a 2 minute walk to the food court and a 2-3 minute to the buses. I’ve only been the once, but the grounds are beautiful and nothing is really that far, so unless you have a need to be super close to food or buses (we have mobility issues) I would let them choose for me.

This time I’m going with hubby, so he can do a run to the food court without me if needed, so a room request isn’t high on my list of priorities. I’ve booked an accessible room, and I may pop a fax over for the one I’ve seen that’s on a corner so has two windows, but will say if it's not available I’ll be happy with any other room of that type.

I have a question for the experts about the boats. What times do they start and end? I’m worrying about hearing the boat horns while trying to sleep in, as we have booked a River View room (at a discount, so I can’t change type).
Are there any requests I can put in to minimize the noise I’ll hear?

I have a question for the experts about the boats. What times do they start and end? I’m worrying about hearing the boat horns while trying to sleep in, as we have booked a River View room (at a discount, so I can’t change type).
The boats to DS start at 10AM and end around midnight - the last boat leaves DS at 11:30PM.

The dock is near Building 2 and that's where they blow the horn. River View in Building 7 is as far from the dock as you can get.

We have done River View in all the buildings with that category in POFQ. Never bothered us, however we live on one of the landing approach paths of Philadelphia International Airport & many nights fall asleep with jets overhead in 2 minute intervals ( the late afternoon group is overhead as I type) . As a PP noted they are done before midnight and don't start till late morning. Plus they only sound the horn approaching the dock or passing another boat . If you are worried ask for buildings 1, 5, 6 or 7. The dock is closest to building 2.

I personally never send requests.

I personally always send requests.

Is there a specific building you would like to stay in? Make a request.
If there isn't; you don't need to make a request. All the Garden View rooms in all the buildings are nice.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter