• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney's PORT ORLEANS FRENCH QUARTER RESORT Information & Questions

In case folks haven't read my news piece, from tomorrow there will be a $5 per item handing fee for receiving any mail and courier deliveries at Port Orleans (and all WDW resorts). This expands from the trial they ran at the values a month or two back. Garden Grocer, Owner's Locker, florist, and basically anyone who drops stuff off in person at Bell Services (including travel agent gifts) are exempt.

http://www.portorleans.org/news.php?first=100217

Andre

I'll be arriving April 19th and am thinking of placing an "Amazon Prime Now" order. Has anyone ever done this here (or any other) resort? I'm guessing that there will be a $5 fee.
See the post above, if it's not one of the services that drops at the desk, it's got a fee. If it is dropped in person, it doesn't. Prime Now is more like GG, right?

same here cannot wait havent been to wdw in 25 years

Oh wow. You'll have such a great time.

You'll probably be wrapping up your vacation while we are getting there. We're at 15 days.

Actually almost exactly.

I'm excited as although DH and I have been a fair bit we always stay off property. This trip it's just me and DH's mum, my first on site stay and her first ever trip. I'm taking her for her 75th birthday. I can't wait to see it new through her eyes. It's something she's always wanted to do, and I'm so excited we could do this for her.

I'll be arriving April 19th and am thinking of placing an "Amazon Prime Now" order. Has anyone ever done this here (or any other) resort? I'm guessing that there will be a $5 fee.

We did Amazon Prime Now for our trip a few weeks back at CBR, and thought it was great. Would do it again. The $5 fee is worth it.

I will mention that Dizzy Dolphin Delivery told me their deliveries are not charged the $5 fee. They are just like Garden Grocer. I'm using them for the first time next month.

What is the coffee situation in the rooms? Are the kcup type or what. My husband needs his coffee and since we are driving we can bring some of what he wants/needs. Just need to have an idea of what we need to bring.

What is the coffee situation in the rooms? Are the kcup type or what. My husband needs his coffee and since we are driving we can bring some of what he wants/needs. Just need to have an idea of what we need to bring.

They're a circular pod style.

after a long ordeal with CBR having contrcution, we are going here later in the year, secretly we wanted to book POFW but went for CBR as we wanted to try a new resort but tbh we cant wait and are looking forward to it, we last came for honeymoon (2012), and now bringing our little boy for his first disney visit, so looking to make good use of the new splash pool. il be scouring this thread for tips and information.

I take there still isnt a TS resturant here? also are the breakfast items normal QS items, pancakes mickey waffles etc?

after a long ordeal with CBR having contrcution, we are going here later in the year, secretly we wanted to book POFW but went for CBR as we wanted to try a new resort but tbh we cant wait and are looking forward to it, we last came for honeymoon (2012), and now bringing our little boy for his first disney visit, so looking to make good use of the new splash pool. il be scouring this thread for tips and information.

I take there still isnt a TS resturant here? also are the breakfast items normal QS items, pancakes mickey waffles etc?
Still no TS but you can stroll up to POR to eat at Boatwright's plus you have the boat to Disney Springs (nice change from the buses). The foodcourt does have the regular QS breakfast items. Check out www.portorleans.org for additional info.

Last edited:
Does anyone know how far it is to get to Cooper's Hawk Restaurant from POFQ and what cab/ Uber fare would be? We are going to be staying at POFQ before our Disney cruise and would love to pick up a couple bottles of wine there before we go.

Does anyone know how far it is to get to Cooper's Hawk Restaurant from POFQ and what cab/ Uber fare would be? We are going to be staying at POFQ before our Disney cruise and would love to pick up a couple bottles of wine there before we go.

Or does anyone know of a good place to get a couple bottles of sweet wine in Disney Springs?

The one on international drive is probably 20 minutes or so. Not sure of uber cost

Can you select AB section as a request? Is it selectable as a request in inline check in? Or can my TA request for me?

We just moved our reservation from CBR to POFQ and we have a pool view. After checking on touring plans it looks like all the pool view rooms are on the 2nd and 3rd floor of building #2 and #5. Is this correct? Also does the gift shop sell half gallons of milk. Thank you!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter