Disney's PORT ORLEANS FRENCH QUARTER RESORT Information & Questions

Oh my! That was it! Thanks so much, @CJK.

I thought perhaps they could be in the back and then thought "naaahhh."

Here's to unfrozen milk tomorrow morning! Thanks again.

Yay! We'll be back at POFQ in early Nov. This time with 2 rooms ( fingers crossed for connecting) because we'll have DD, DSIL & DGS with us.

I think Li'l Guy will lose his mind over the new splash pad. I see they've added fencing around it and gated the pool. Can anyone tell me the hours now?

There were new fridges installed a year or so back after a safety issue, but they may vary from room to room (no one supplier was able to supply the necessary quantities to cover a number of resorts at WDW at the same time). Prior to that there certainly used to be controls, but they removed the knobs as guests kept fiddling with them.

Andre

It looks like we will be staying at POFQ for the first time in July for the podcast anniversary (7/21-27). We have stayed at Riverside before but not French Quarter. Looking forward to trying the beignets and taking the boat to Disney Springs.

Going in Sept. and had to convince the family to try a different resort. Stayed at POR the last three times. Guess who won?

Going in Sept. and had to convince the family to try a different resort. Stayed at POR the last three times. Guess who won?

You will love it! Nice and compact, everything close by! Everyone was friendly, and the grounds were nice, even in January. In September, it should be gorgeous!

We'll be there in 19 days!! Can't wait. I was just looking at Andre's Port Orleans website and saw that the Movies under the Stars no longer happens every night anymore? Darn! I thought last time I was there that I saw a schedule on a sign post announcing movies every night, but that was a few years ago now...

The movies (and campfires) run on alternate evenings between POR and POFQ during the low season. Hopefully they will be back to nightly at both resorts during the summer, but this could just be another one of those budget squeezing exercises that we are hearing so much about these days.

Andre

The movies (and campfires) run on alternate evenings between POR and POFQ during the low season. Hopefully they will be back to nightly at both resorts during the summer, but this could just be another one of those budget squeezing exercises that we are hearing so much about these days.

Andre
Thanks, Andre. Oh well, guess we'll have to make due with the whirlpool, pool and maybe a little wine back in our rooms! :)

They don't need to included POFQ because they can fill the rooms without discounts. It is the smallest Moderate and very popular so the rooms book up at rack rates. POFQ is usually included in room only discounts but POFQ rooms are usually 5% off and the other moderates 20-25%.

I have to admit, I'm disappointed to hear this. I was hoping to snag a discount for our next trip and stay at POFQ. But the discounts don't work here, then I guess I'll have to look more at POR.

I'm just home after my 14th stay at French Quarter over the past 11 years. I do still love it there but I have definitely noticed the changes that have taken place over the years.

On this most recent trip I really disliked being fenced in around the pool, and the recent addition to the kids splash area used up a lot of the previous chairs/lounges area of the main pool. The seating area (with the tables and umbrellas ) near the pool bar seems to have gotten smaller too, but that might just be an illusion because of being fenced in. The three times that I spent an hour or so at the pool I noticed very few kids actually using the kids splash area.... I wish they had come up with a way to accommodate those needs without impacting the main area quite so much.

And although I have never been a big fan of the beignets it seems as though there has been a change to those as well... now they appear to be a lot doughier (more like a doughnut than just fried dough.)

Buses came quickly both to and from the parks... loved that!

Magical Express luggage service worked well although our rooms were not available on our arrival at noon - we hit the parks and received our "room ready" text with no problems.

Housekeeping was fine - my daughter had requested the deep cleaning service as her son had just finished chemo treatments and that room was spotlessly clean - they were very happy with this extra touch. My connecting room to hers was clean enough with just the routine servicing.

The walk up to Riverside was pleasant, but I do wish that they could continue the boat service there in the evenings.

I will continue to stay at POFQ but wish that some things hadn't changed along the way......

I'm going there this September, it will be my very first time at any Disney resort so I'm super excited! We've decided on a King bed room and will be staying there for two weeks. This might be silly, but I'm really hoping to find a towel Mickey or similar animal in the hotel one day. I've seen it on so many photos and would love to see one!

I'm going there this September, it will be my very first time at any Disney resort so I'm super excited! We've decided on a King bed room and will be staying there for two weeks. This might be silly, but I'm really hoping to find a towel Mickey or similar animal in the hotel one day. I've seen it on so many photos and would love to see one!

They don't do towel animals anymore. This ended last year some time, I believe...sorry :(

We've received actual animals in the past but this trip- a couple weeks ago- we did get a towel Mickey when we arrived. Then Mouse Keeping moved it around and even over the headboard during our stay.
IMG_8653 - Copy.JPG

I'm just home after my 14th stay at French Quarter over the past 11 years. I do still love it there but I have definitely noticed the changes that have taken place over the years.

On this most recent trip I really disliked being fenced in around the pool, and the recent addition to the kids splash area used up a lot of the previous chairs/lounges area of the main pool. The seating area (with the tables and umbrellas ) near the pool bar seems to have gotten smaller too, but that might just be an illusion because of being fenced in. The three times that I spent an hour or so at the pool I noticed very few kids actually using the kids splash area.... I wish they had come up with a way to accommodate those needs without impacting the main area quite so much.

And although I have never been a big fan of the beignets it seems as though there has been a change to those as well... now they appear to be a lot doughier (more like a doughnut than just fried dough.)

Buses came quickly both to and from the parks... loved that!

Magical Express luggage service worked well although our rooms were not available on our arrival at noon - we hit the parks and received our "room ready" text with no problems.

Housekeeping was fine - my daughter had requested the deep cleaning service as her son had just finished chemo treatments and that room was spotlessly clean - they were very happy with this extra touch. My connecting room to hers was clean enough with just the routine servicing.

The walk up to Riverside was pleasant, but I do wish that they could continue the boat service there in the evenings.

I will continue to stay at POFQ but wish that some things hadn't changed along the way......
How has the evening boat service changed?

How has the evening boat service changed?

In the evenings, both POR and POFQ have their own separate boat services to and from Disney Springs. The one downside of this is that there is no option to get a ride directly between the two resorts at night.

Andre

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter