Disney's PORT ORLEANS FRENCH QUARTER RESORT Information & Questions

Allears is reporting that Bonfamille's Cafe at POFQ will be operating during the busy Christmas season.

For a limited time, this holiday season, the former Bonfamille's restaurant has been turned into Scat Cat's Cafe! The cafe serves dinner nightly from December 21-30 from 5 - 10pm night. Reservations can be made at the podium from noon - 10pm.

I hope someone staying at POFQ is able to take photos/videos of the old Bonfamille's Cafe.

http://land.allears.net/blogs/dnews/2015/12/scat_cats_cafe_holiday_dining_1.html

We arrive Wednesday. I'll try to take a photo if I remember. LOL DD was able to get more time off than she originally thought, so the first plan of just relaxing and seeing her before her shifts is now more of a family vacation! I'm thrilled, since I miss her, but it meant making some more concrete plans and reservations! Poor DH isn't going to get his rest, that's for sure!! :earboy2:

I'd love to see photos of the old Bonfamille's Cafe!! It closed before I got to see it.

Thanks!!
Carla

Sounds like you might know a "secret" Andre!!! Can you share?
My family and I will be there May 14-25 so I'd love to see it open!! :thumbsup2

Thank you!!
Carla

Does anyone have any details on the kiddie pool. DH and I were there for a few days in November and it was under construction. Thinking about a quick may trip with kids. Assuming would be done and just a kiddie pool or maybe splash pad area?

Does anyone have any details on the kiddie pool. DH and I were there for a few days in November and it was under construction. Thinking about a quick may trip with kids. Assuming would be done and just a kiddie pool or maybe splash pad area?

From Andre's awesome and very informative http://www.portorleans.org/

French Quarter Children’s Interactive Water Play Area
Estimated Completion Date: 19 January 2016

Beginning in early October 2015, work commenced on removing the original children’s splash pool at Doubloon Lagoon in order to install a new Interactive Water Feature play area. You may have seen these popping up at other Disney resorts, and now it will be French Quarter’s turn — and I hear from someone who has seen the plans that it should be rather impressive. Don’t worry though, the construction work won’t impact on the main swimming pool facilities at all, including the water slide and the hot tub.

Work was originally scheduled to be completed by 24 December 2015 but permitting issues have delayed the re-opening until 19 January 2016.

From Andre's awesome and very informative http://www.portorleans.org/

French Quarter Children’s Interactive Water Play Area
Estimated Completion Date: 19 January 2016

Beginning in early October 2015, work commenced on removing the original children’s splash pool at Doubloon Lagoon in order to install a new Interactive Water Feature play area. You may have seen these popping up at other Disney resorts, and now it will be French Quarter’s turn — and I hear from someone who has seen the plans that it should be rather impressive. Don’t worry though, the construction work won’t impact on the main swimming pool facilities at all, including the water slide and the hot tub.

Work was originally scheduled to be completed by 24 December 2015 but permitting issues have delayed the re-opening until 19 January 2016.

Great info, Thanks!!

Sounds like you might know a "secret" Andre!!! Can you share?

I might :) but unfortunately I'm not at liberty to discuss anything yet as plans can alter. Not a permanent change though - although finding a long-term use for that now-available space is being discussed.

Andre

I might :) but unfortunately I'm not at liberty to discuss anything yet as plans can alter. Not a permanent change though - although finding a long-term use for that now-available space is being discussed.

Andre

No worries....
After asking you I spoke with my dear friend David and he filled me in!! :thumbsup2
I'm really hoping for a permanent change so fingers are crossed.

Carla

Off Kilter's Jason Thomas and Billy Varnes are currently appearing live several evenings a week at Scat Cat's Club at Port Orleans French Quarter. There will be three sets each evening, 8pm-11pm. Bring your requests - and they might throw in an Off Kilter tune or two!

Planned dates through the end of January are:
Monday, Dec 21
Sunday, Dec 27
Monday, Dec 28
Saturday, Jan 2
Sunday, Jan 3
Monday, Jan 4
Tuesday, Jan 5
Sunday, Jan 10
Sunday, Jan 17 (after the Highland Games!)
Monday, Jan 18
Sunday, Jan 24
Monday, Jan 25
Sunday, Jan 31

See https://www.facebook.com/events/462361727302964/

Allears is reporting that Bonfamille's Cafe at POFQ will be operating during the busy Christmas season.

For a limited time, this holiday season, the former Bonfamille's restaurant has been turned into Scat Cat's Cafe! The cafe serves dinner nightly from December 21-30 from 5 - 10pm night. Reservations can be made at the podium from noon - 10pm.

I hope someone staying at POFQ is able to take photos/videos of the old Bonfamille's Cafe.

http://land.allears.net/blogs/dnews/2015/12/scat_cats_cafe_holiday_dining_1.html

I just got back... sadly it never occurred to me to take a picture!! It was lovely inside, just as I remember from years ago!

It is open, but they are not very busy. :( Offerings were Cajun-inspired, but looked really good. If we had been there for Christmas I would have eaten there gladly.

Ok, have changed the plans completely around. Since my college daughter is refusing to miss any school for "another" Disney trip, I have decided to change our dates to December 11th-17th of next year. Well my magical TA does'nt seem to have any offers for those dates so that means I will have to book a rate through Disney or through Orbitz. I am thinking that the discounts that were offered mostly on rooms during this time frame this year were the river view rooms, but not sure.

Ok, have changed the plans completely around. Since my college daughter is refusing to miss any school for "another" Disney trip, I have decided to change our dates to December 11th-17th of next year. Well my magical TA does'nt seem to have any offers for those dates so that means I will have to book a rate through Disney or through Orbitz. I am thinking that the discounts that were offered mostly on rooms during this time frame this year were the river view rooms, but not sure.

MouseSavers historical discounts page says that Disney released General Public discounts for the comparable 2015 dates on 7/20/15, to give a ballpark idea of when the Disney discounts may come out for that time frame in 2016. I've not had luck getting Disney discounts for POFQ (don't remember if/what room categories were available this year). I still really really really miss the AAA room only discounts! :sad: I've never dealt with Orbitz, but I know a lot of folks here have, and can hopefully advise on that.

I have booked AKL and POFQ with Orbitz in the past year. It's very easy. There is a code in the confirmation email to link it up to MDE. The only thing you need to remember to do is to set up ME on your own and change the shipping address for your Magic Bands (the shipping address will default to the Orbitz corporate address after you link it up). I think that most of the time there is a max discount (like $250?) now this year on most of the discounts that you can use with Orbitz that I did not have when booking AKL last year, but it didn't affect me with POFQ because the rates were lower and it was a shorter trip.

MouseSavers historical discounts page says that Disney released General Public discounts for the comparable 2015 dates on 7/20/15, to give a ballpark idea of when the Disney discounts may come out for that time frame in 2016. I've not had luck getting Disney discounts for POFQ (don't remember if/what room categories were available this year). I still really really really miss the AAA room only discounts! :sad: I've never dealt with Orbitz, but I know a lot of folks here have, and can hopefully advise on that.

Ya, Orbitz is great. I've used them in the past. May use them for this trip. You just never know anymore. I did read of some people getting discounts for some dates, but not all dates available. But of the ones I read, they were river view rooms, one of the higher priced options.

We stayed at POFQ Dec 13 thru Dec 18 this year I booked as soon as Disney came out with the discounts but Disney at the time didn't have any rooms at POFQ so I booked through Orbitz. I booked garden view and they also had standard view available.

We stayed at POFQ Dec 13 thru Dec 18 this year I booked as soon as Disney came out with the discounts but Disney at the time didn't have any rooms at POFQ so I booked through Orbitz. I booked garden view and they also had standard view available.

Probably what I will have to do.

Does anyone know....

If my flight is due to arrive in Orlando at 10:35am, and we plan to take DME, about what time should we expect to arrive at POR? At what time could we expect to make it to MK? I know there are no guarantees, but I am trying to do some tentative planning and having an idea on times would help tremendously!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter