Disney's POP CENTURY RESORT Information & Questions

Good Morning. My bf is not a morning person, and I would like in the morning to get to the transportation as soon as possible, as well as perhaps get food for him in the morning ( I am a morning person).

I booked a standard room. Would you recommend in this situation for me to request a ground floor room in this case? I feel like even if I get a far 90s room, it would still save time vs being on the highest floor. We are young so can walk, but would like to make it easier if possible. Thank you! :)
If you’re back and forth to the food court a lot I’d request a ground floor. Going up and down the stairs or waiting for an elevator gets old fast IMO.

Honestly I don't think a ground floor room makes a huge difference. I would focus more on requesting a specific building. We like to be in the 60's where it's pretty much right in-between the skyliner and the lobby. Top floor 60's is going to be a lot closer than bottom floor 90's in my opinion.

Oh wow youre allowed to request the 60s building? I thought that those buildings were only reserved for preferred rooms? Am I wrong? :0

Honestly I don't think a ground floor room makes a huge difference. I would focus more on requesting a specific building. We like to be in the 60's where it's pretty much right in-between the skyliner and the lobby. Top floor 60's is going to be a lot closer than bottom floor 90's in my opinion.
You may request a specific decade (multiple buildings in the same area) or, even a specific building. We request 60’s and 70’s. (Please see map on pg 1.)

The main thing to remember at Pop is that these are requests and not guarantees. If you are assigned a room and you’d prefer a different one, you may visit the front desk and they will do their best to accommodate but again, not a guarantee. Pop is an extremely popular resort and runs at near capacity most of the time so accommodating changes may not happen but most times they can work with you to find you a location you like.

Hope this helps. Have a great trip!

Agreed! First floor does not save much time at all at Pop. The 60's is a very solid choice!

Our Nov visit we've got 3 rooms since we'll be going with our adult kids. I think I need to link our reservation #s, but any advice for method to request rooms? I have a TP sub, but I haven't had great success on room requests with them on last 2 visits (was perfect on the visit prior).

We requested 50's because it's one of the two decades we haven't stayed in yet. We're afraid to stay in the 90's because my DW and I don't want to confront the fact that our teenage years are now retro. Staying in the 80's was scary enough all by itself.

Ok we arrived at Pop and got off the sunshine flyer (1st stop and only 3 families on board)! Anyway we checked our bags and my daughter ran into the bathroom to put in contacts. I finished checking the bags and turned around and Daisy Duck was getting into the little fake car they have out front. It was so cool. They let me sit beside her. She gave me a huge hug and they used my camera for some pics. Texted my daughter and she was shocked. (“I walk away one minute!” We went to front desk to sort out magic band plus issue (of not having it) and I think the CM name was Jenn. She was so nice. Even volunteered to look for a ready room. I told her it was fine. But she said oh I see you requested 50’s first floor. So I knew they had that request from touring plans - 50’s first floor water view. Anyway she said that is where we put you but it isn’t ready. I said leave it alone. We will go in after our long day. Did AK and Disney springs and our room is the very back of building 2 facing the water. Far away I guess but happy with it. Room was clean. Also got an email from the general manager with a link to provide any feedback. All positive so far. We did take Minnie van to park and later to springs. Bus back to resort. That was quick surprisingly. All stars was kind of a mess last night at springs sadly. We did notice Pop/AoA busses dropping off at the Epcot bus stop at Pop It was storming so I believe the skyliner was down.

Staying several nights at POP in Sept just for the skyliner so hoping to be able to use it.
If you are there several days in Sep you will definitely be able to use it, especially in the mornings. It will be the afternoon/evening trips that will likely be be more challenging due to almost daily storms that roll in that time of year. They often don’t last long but will cause the Skyliner to be closed for a period of time while they’re in the area.

If you are there several days in Sep you will definitely be able to use it, especially in the mornings. It will be the afternoon/evening trips that will likely be be more challenging due to almost daily storms that roll in that time of year. They often don’t last long but will cause the Skyliner to be closed for a period of time while they’re in the area.
Yes that’s what I’m thinking and planning on going back and forth early to HS and Epcot. Staying 6 days prior at CSR so planning on MK/AK while there. Will have an ECV so hoping it’s easy to use skyliner...

Storms delayed Harmonious tonight til 9:30. We were not sure if skyliner was running after the show but since we were close to UK we decided to walk back - there had not been lightning or rain for quite a long time. More than 45min. No signs or anyone telling us skyliner was not running until we got to the beginning of international gateway exit and they had a signboard up. Very dismayed as we always hated Epcot Pop transportation through most because it was so slow and the bus stop was almost as far as possible away. Well they moved the Pop bus stop to one of the closest spots so we were greatly relieved our walk was significantly shorter. It is a combined bus to all of the skyliner resorts though.

Storms delayed Harmonious tonight til 9:30. We were not sure if skyliner was running after the show but since we were close to UK we decided to walk back - there had not been lightning or rain for quite a long time. More than 45min. No signs or anyone telling us skyliner was not running until we got to the beginning of international gateway exit and they had a signboard up. Very dismayed as we always hated Epcot Pop transportation through most because it was so slow and the bus stop was almost as far as possible away. Well they moved the Pop bus stop to one of the closest spots so we were greatly relieved our walk was significantly shorter. It is a combined bus to all of the skyliner resorts though.
I thought you could get a bus at the Beach Club back to Pop when skylines is down...

Random question, does the gift shop at POP sell postcards? and is there a mailbox at the resort to send postcards? We are heading to WDW on Friday without our littles this time. I was hoping to send them a post card, I think they will love it!

Random question, does the gift shop at POP sell postcards? and is there a mailbox at the resort to send postcards? We are heading to WDW on Friday without our littles this time. I was hoping to send them a post card, I think they will love it!
I’m not 100% sure of post card availability at Pop (assuming they have them) but when I was at WDW in February 2020, I sent a postcard from the Fab Five to the young grandchildren of a friend and took the postcard into Magic Kingdom’s Chamber of Commerce to be postmarked from Main Street USA. So thats a fun thing you might want to consider. In my lifetime of going to WDW, I never knew about this until that trip.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter