• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney's POP CENTURY RESORT Information & Questions

Love Pop but this is my biggest complaint about that resort...lack of yummy desserts! They need an ice cream/bakery counter like the other values have.
They used to have desserts pre-Covid! Pop was our family's "home resort" for many, many trips, and the kiddos used to spend lots of time looking the fancy cupcakes, edible cookie dough, and even an ice cream/sundae station.

The last several times we were there it was bleak. Maybe 2 tired cupcakes in the refrigerated case. We had to take our cupcake habit to the parks, or to other resort restaurants we would explore. After all, what's a Disney trip without at least one fancy cupcake?

visiting next week for our 2nd annual father/son trip. 1/17-1/22. i looked through the last few pages but didnt see anything earth shattering. anything i may have missed that i need to know about pop that changed just recently (we stay there last year too so it hasnt been that long of a gap)?

visiting next week for our 2nd annual father/son trip. 1/17-1/22. i looked through the last few pages but didnt see anything earth shattering. anything i may have missed that i need to know about pop that changed just recently (we stay there last year too so it hasnt been that long of a gap)?
No, no big changes since your visit last year. The only thing that may or may not affect you is that the Skyliner is scheduled to close from Jan 22 - 29, 2023.

The posts on page 1 are current if there are any specific questions you have. If you don't find your answer there, please let us know and I can update page 1 if required.

We're just back from our 3 days at POP. We arrived at the hotel around 10am and rooms were not ready, but the front desk found one available so that we could all at least drop our luggage in a room and change before heading to DHS (it was also nice because 1 of us had to travel with a work laptop and figured leaving at bell services was probably not what their employer would want (they are in corporate law). They had us in 3 adjacent rooms but that wasn't necessary (3 sets of adults). We had "preferred" rooms booked (all that was available when we scrambled to resched a Nov trip). We ended up in Building 1 and boy that was convenient. We all ended up in the same building and my DHs+SOs had connecting.

Hi -- we're arriving tomorrow and while I've seen a few posts here and other threads about waiting until 5pm or later for rooms, wondered if anyone has recent experience at POP for timely room readiness or even better, early.

We'll probably be at POP by 10:15am or so tomorrow (airlines willing) and don't expect rooms to be ready, but it would be nice if we got them a *smidge* early after a few hours at the parks, it'll be an early morning for us.

I do know that of the 3 times we've been at POP (2020, 2021, 2022) we got "room is ready" once VERY early (8am!) and the other 2 times did not get a notification but stopped at the desk and was able to find a room that was early each time (probably midday). We've got 3 rooms in our group, so perhaps the odds are really against us.

Anyway -- just curious about recent arrivals.

We arrived on 1/5. I think I put down our arrival time as around 10:30 (we landed at MCO at 9:30ish). We got the room ready text at 11:56am, not long after we had gotten on the bus to go over to the runDisney Expo, lol.

Building 1 remains my favorite. :-)

Only been assigned Building 1 once but loved it. I like Buildings 4 and 6 also because I like seeing the lake.

Since we had 3 rooms of adults, it was nice to just have our "meeting point" be at the tables outside the Petals Pool Bar and it was simple if someone forgot something in their room or grab a bottle of water from the food court before we struck out to the parks. It was also nice because someone was always running a few mins behind so the others could just sit at a table in the sun and it was just a few steps for the people that were "late".

I need to go to the front desk to check in anyway (Canadian who ordered Magicband plus - they ship to resort). Should I even do online check in at all? I have a TA and she already put in my requests (top floor with a tub). Standard room

I need to go to the front desk to check in anyway (Canadian who ordered Magicband plus - they ship to resort). Should I even do online check in at all? I have a TA and she already put in my requests (top floor with a tub). Standard room
Personally, I would. Included in your check-in are things like how they contact you (email and text) when your room is ready as well as providing your arrival time. If you don't check-in, it could take longer to get your room assignment as others who have provided arrival time could be given priority.

Does anyone know if there is a big rush at dining right at 7am open? interested in grabbing a quick grab and go prior to skyliner for ETPE and wondering how early I would need to line up for breakfast

Does anyone know if there is a big rush at dining right at 7am open? interested in grabbing a quick grab and go prior to skyliner for ETPE and wondering how early I would need to line up for breakfast

As mentioned, it's not crowded.

On a prior trip, we made our 7am G+/ILL selections in our room, walked to the food court (from a 50s building), grabbed a diet coke, then headed to the skyliner and there was no line. We went to DHS and were #6 & 7 for RnRC.

As mentioned, it's not crowded.

On a prior trip, we made our 7am G+/ILL selections in our room, walked to the food court (from a 50s building), grabbed a diet coke, then headed to the skyliner and there was no line. We went to DHS and were #6 & 7 for RnRC.

That's great!!! thanks

Yes and no. Just before 7, there's a queue outside both the gift shop door, and the "back" door next to the drinks that opens out onto the Hippy Dippy Pool.

People go in, grab their drinks, and go. You can mobile order your breakfast ... but I can't honestly decide if it's any faster than just ordering at the counter and paying at the till. It's about the same.

Personally, I would. Included in your check-in are things like how they contact you (email and text) when your room is ready as well as providing your arrival time. If you don't check-in, it could take longer to get your room assignment as others who have provided arrival time could be given priority.
My travel agent had already put in requests for me. If I do online check in with no requests, is that going to over ride what she told them?

My travel agent had already put in requests for me. If I do online check in with no requests, is that going to over ride what she told them?
Totally up to you. You can provide the exact same details or, choose not to complete the online check- in.

We always have a couple special requests that need to be called in. I’ve added requests to my reservation in the past on the phone but MDE was still asking me to complete my check-in. For me it’s better safe than sorry so I do online check-in as it takes moments.

It’s your choice to do it or not but we don’t have any experiences shared in this thread by people who chose not to check-in.

If you do check in advance- and pick the earliest time possible- if you get there earlier, is it still possible to get room early?

If you do check in advance- and pick the earliest time possible- if you get there earlier, is it still possible to get room early?
Possibly. You can select an arrival time but this is just a heads up that you will be arriving then. It is not a guarantee your room will be ready.

Check-in is officially 3PM and even that means they will do their best to have you room ready by then but it’s not a guarantee.

If your room is not ready when you arrive, luggage services will care for your luggage if you wish to do something else.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter