Disney's POP CENTURY RESORT Information & Questions

Thanks!

What about Uber? I'm trying to avoid going to MK and then taking the ferry as from what I've read this could take 2 hours.

One more thought, we will be at AK on our HDDR day (haven't gotten HDDR ADR yet but hope to). I assume we could also take a bus from there? I understand about taking the internal Ft Wilderness bus. I remember doing this on a previous trip.

How fast is the walkway? does it extend to FW?
I think it's best to ask these questions on the Transportation board as they are outside of the Pop resort information.

This thread is intended to assist guests with questions about Pop. Some basic transportation questions work when asking about going to/from Pop but outside of that it's best to ask on the Transportation board. Thanks.

Last edited:
Does anyone have a good way to get to HDDR from PoP? I assume Minnie Vans or Lyft would be the most direct option, but costing us money. If we were to take boats from Magic Kingdom, what time frame would you say is needed to make our 8:30 reservation.
I would Skyliner to Studios and grab a bus to HDDR.

What is the best (easiest) way to travel from Pop to Boatwrights? Also, what about to Olivia's? Having dinners there on our two "rest" days. I figure we will need to take buses to a park or Disney Springs and then to the resort. Hope someone has a short cut. But Uber and Minnie Vans are not an option. Thanks in advance.
Again, I would use the Skyliner to Studios and then take a bus to POR for Boatwrights and a bus to OKW for Olivia’s.

Skyliner streamlines a lot of transportation, I think.

I would like to be close to the Skyliner (ideally lakeview) so I booked preferred. But looking a tthe maps, it looks most lakeview rooms are actually standard view. Should I switch my category (and save a little money)? Or give up the chance of lakeview so that I don't risk being too far from the Skyliner. Opinions? :)

I would like to be close to the Skyliner (ideally lakeview) so I booked preferred. But looking a tthe maps, it looks most lakeview rooms are actually standard view. Should I switch my category (and save a little money)? Or give up the chance of lakeview so that I don't risk being too far from the Skyliner. Opinions? :)
You should keep your preferred and give up the chance of lakeview so that you don't risk being too far from the Skyliner.

You
Every building has "standard" rooms. The closest rooms would be in buildings 3 (50's), 4-5 (60's), or 6 (70's). So you could request these four buildings when you check-in, as well as a lakeview. Obviously, no guarantees but always worth a try!

I'm personally planning on booking a preferred pool view next time because it 100% guarantees I'll be placed in the 60's building, which is really important to me. But in the past, I have always booked standard and it has always worked out!

I would take a chance on standard and request buildings 4 or 5.
I’d request a move if I ended up in the 80’s or 90’s buildings.
Many of the preferred rooms face an inner court yard where the maid carts are.. I don’t enjoy those locations.

I was in a Standard room last October. I requested lake view in the ‘60s and got it. It was very close to everything, including the Skyliner.

I just booked preferred. I’m going to request the 60’s. Are there any water view rooms in preferred?

I just booked preferred. I’m going to request the 60’s. Are there any water view rooms in preferred?
No, there are not any preferred rooms that are water view. (Map on page 1 shows locations of all room types.)

There are a few preferred rooms in the 60’s where you can see the water from the walkway outside the rooms if you look to the side.

You will find most rooms at Pop cannot see the water, even those that are ‘lake view’, due to foliage outside the rooms.

This was our ‘lake view’ room in Jan.

This room was 4th floor so rooms lower had an even more obstructed room. Lake view is often by name only.

Attachments

• BB57050D-B644-4302-8DFB-4B9353FA0182.jpeg
    BB57050D-B644-4302-8DFB-4B9353FA0182.jpeg
    72.4 KB · Views: 132
Last edited:
No, there are not any preferred rooms that are water view. (Map on page 1 shows locations of all room types.)

There are a few preferred rooms in the 60’s where you can see the water from the walkway outside the rooms if you look to the side.

You will find most rooms at Pop cannot see the water, even those that are ‘lake view’ due to foliage outside the rooms.

View attachment 685762

This room was 4th floor so rooms lower had an even more obscured room. Lake view is often by name only.
Okay thank you.

You will find most rooms at Pop cannot see the water, even those that are ‘lake view’, due to foliage outside the rooms.

This room was 4th floor so rooms lower had an even more obstructed room. Lake view is often by name only.
Room 3236 standard room
1658393376209.jpeg

Checkout pool question - we are doing a split stay, 3 nights at POP and 5 at WL. Our transfer day is also our rest day. We'll send all our luggage except a backpack with pool/day supplies thru bell services, but how long can we stay at the POP pools? Also, are there shower facilities at the pool/s? We'd likely sleep in, drop off our luggage, get breakfast at the food court and then spend a few hours at the pool until we go someplace for lunch (haven't decided if we are going to go to another resort for lunch, Springs, or whatever) so we'd like to clean off before we head to lunch and then WL since I know we can't check in there usually until 3.

Checkout pool question - we are doing a split stay, 3 nights at POP and 5 at WL. Our transfer day is also our rest day. We'll send all our luggage except a backpack with pool/day supplies thru bell services, but how long can we stay at the POP pools? Also, are there shower facilities at the pool/s? We'd likely sleep in, drop off our luggage, get breakfast at the food court and then spend a few hours at the pool until we go someplace for lunch (haven't decided if we are going to go to another resort for lunch, Springs, or whatever) so we'd like to clean off before we head to lunch and then WL since I know we can't check in there usually until 3.
Legal at the Pools entire day.

Showers at all 3 Pools.

Hello 👋 I've just moved our August/September 23 trip to Pop it will be our first time at the resort. We have 2 rooms booked as a family of 5 I'll be glad for the extra room. We will be travelling with a 3-year-old does Pop have bed guards available? I did look on the 1st page but might have missed it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter