Disney's POP CENTURY RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
How did you do your request. I wonder if any way is better than another. I've called and added requests and I've also done through touring plans. I've found calling has been better for me but have no idea if this is just a fluke!

@scrappinginontario sorry for the bag issues, but glad they have all shown up now. Still debating whether to get our luggage or let them get it from the airport. I've only done it once before and it was fine, but seems there have been a lot of problems lately and with it being so busy right now I'm sure they are overworked.
I called in my requests as well as had identical requests on touring plans. We are very happy with our room location!

Also, while the luggage snafu was an inconvenience I won’t hesitate to use the luggage service again! We’ve stayed here often (25+ times) over the years and I think this is only the 2nd time we’ve had s minor problem.

That is cute. Those are not available at Pop.

Today we picked up the last black Christmas mug at Pop. Confirmed with CM that more would be put out tomorrow. They have a certain number of both colours for each day and when they’re gone they’re gone.

Saw both colours yesterday. I’m waiting until tomorrow to look for one.
I’m thinking they must just be at WL because of the new themed dining

Definitely not. The room assignors don't give any method more weight than another. What people don't understand is that assigning rooms at WDW resorts is so different than any other destination. They run at more than 85% occupancy every single day. There are guests checking in and out every single day with all different lengths of stay. It's impossible to grant everyone their requests.

It's like the biggest, most difficult game of Tetris ever.

This! And I hate to say it, but if they start getting a ton of people complaining at the front desk that they didn't get their requests (forgetting that requests means "I'd like this, but I know I may not get it" and not "This is what I asked for, so therefore I should get it") I could see Disney saying "Sorry. We will no longer take room location requests." And then it's just "you get what you get and you don't get upset".

Ugh! Bit of a frustrating start to our stay at Pop. Landed at 10:30am. Arrived at Pop via DME at 12:30, room not ready. Completely understandable.

Checked 4 things with luggage services then we headed to Typhoon Lagoon snd ‘Ohana. Luggage services assured us the 4 bags would be sent to room along with 2 checked bags as soon as they received room notification.

Received email at 1:41 with room number, stating it’s ready.

Arrived at resort at 8:00 pooched after being up since 2am. Enter (great!) room and it’s completely empty!! Had hoped to quickly unpack and get us to bed as we have an 8am BoG reservation.

We walked back over to luggage served as nobody seemed their phone.?? Thankfully he was able to locate 1 piece of luggage and 4 items dropped earlier. 2nd suitcase still MIA more than 8 hours after arriving at resort!

Took what we had unpacked and got my Ddauto bed much later than I had hoped.

2nd suitcase was just delivered as I typed this, at 9:40pm. The luggage staff are very friendly, just seems to be too much for them to do. Hoping my situation is an anomaly.

Better now. Time to get done sleep. MK tomorrow!
I’m wondering if the resort luggage service could use a few more employees. I transferred to pop fri from ASMo. Didn’t get my room until around 4, but when I called to ask about my suitcases at 5, they still hadn’t even been transferred even though pickup from the room was at 9:30. Had hoped to freshen up a bit but at least it showed up by the time I got back from the park. I was a little nervous.

This! And I hate to say it, but if they start getting a ton of people complaining at the front desk that they didn't get their requests (forgetting that requests means "I'd like this, but I know I may not get it" and not "This is what I asked for, so therefore I should get it") I could see Disney saying "Sorry. We will no longer take room location requests." And then it's just "you get what you get and you don't get upset".
Like I tell my students, “you get what you get and you don’t throw a fit”

Disney likes to please it’s girst so I don’t really see this happening. Also, I think the majority of guests don’t know room requests are an option or that they can request to move. when I was checking in yesterday 3 families checked in and all were assigned room locations I would have requested to change but none of them said a word.

Disney likes to please it’s girst so I don’t really see this happening. Also, I think the majority of guests don’t know room requests are an option or that they can request to move. when I was checking in yesterday 3 families checked in and all were assigned room locations I would have requested to change but none of them said a word.

Yes, they like to please guests, but the bottom line is they cannot always fulfill them and then people get even more upset. If they didn't allow requests, then it would be luck of the draw for everyone and not an "us vs. them" (the over-planners and obsessors vs. those who don't feel the need and have just as good of a time) situation.

It's clear from the complaints on here and the TP forums when people don't get their requests that they are upsetting far more people by taking them than if they didn't.

So cute! We returned to a little sign in our window and candy canes :p
afdpbr.jpg

Whats up with the pool opening hours? I thought it should be open till 22.00? Wanted to go for a quick swim but it was already closed, at 20.30. Theres no rain and i dont believe theres lighting in the area either. Are the hours always this unpredictable?

Whats up with the pool opening hours? I thought it should be open till 22.00? Wanted to go for a quick swim but it was already closed, at 20.30. Theres no rain and i dont believe theres lighting in the area either. Are the hours always this unpredictable?
I agree with @dansdad that they are unpredictable and it’s also difficult to find them out. They’re not published online and even on the resort tv station that talks about hours for everything only mentions the names of the 3 pools, times are not published.

I saw a post on another thread that AoA put their "winter pool hours" into effect beginning this past Saturday. Their quiet pools are now open 11am - 8pm and the main pool is open 10am-8pm. It sounded like those hours are now "standard" until spring (though I know weather/staffing/whatever can affect those hours). I would imagine that Pop might be following the same hours.

I didn’t get any of my requests either and am in 80s. On the upside where I’m at the walk to the bus is quick.

80's is my only request this time, just because I like the easy walk to the buses. But I have stayed in every section now, and didn't mind any of them, so I'll just be happy to be there. It's so nice not to have to request a refurbished room anymore. Only one more sleep!

Just got back last night from our three-night/four-day stay. The room wasn't ready when we got there on Thursday at approx. 12:30, but that was okay - we left our bags in the car, went to concierge to decline housekeeping (where she was nice enough to tell us what section we were in so I could go ahead and park), walked around the resort, and then popped over to wander around the Contemporary and Poly before our ADR at ohana. Got the room ready text around 3:40, but didn't get back there until almost 1 am (we did MVMCP).

We were in room 6463 (4th floor, building 6, 70s section - all requests I had made through TP). The room was great! It was a nice quiet location, everything was clean and tidy, and we didn't have the issues with the shower door not closing all the way that I had on my last trip. I also noticed that the floor was cleaner than on my last trip - I walked around barefoot every night without my feet getting gross and dirty.

I will also be sending an email to compliment the woman at the concierge desk who helped me yesterday morning...my brother got very sick on Saturday night (like, throwing up several times throughout the night sick) and was still feeling nauseous and dizzy, so I went down to beg for a late checkout. Barb at the desk was so sweet and was able to accommodate my request easily and asked if they could do anything else like call for medical attention or bring extra towels, bags, medicine, etc. It was a nice moment among a very stressful morning.

Overall, despite my brother getting sick, it was a great trip! I had worried a little because I had been reading increased reports on here and in other places of a decline in service and attitude property-wide, but we saw no evidence of that. Every single CM we interacted with was pleasant and helpful, and we were all over property during the four days we were there.

Feels weird ending a trip without having the next one already in the works, but I'm sure it won't be long!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter