Disney's POP CENTURY RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
The 11:00 PM close is during "Spring/Summer Season".

The 11:00 PM close "probably" won't start until sometime in April.:)

It will probably "progress" from the 8:00 PM close to a 9:00 PM close to a 10:00 PM close and finally the 11:00 PM close that will probably last into most of September.:)

Ah makes perfect sense! This is our first time not coming in the summer!

Regarding the severe amount of pillows: use those extra ones to prop up your feet at night while you sleep! It'll help the blood in your legs move away from your feet, which helps to alleviate foot and leg pain - a huge help for me on busy back-to-back park days.

That’s so funny we had to request extra pillows! We’re using both beds, but I’m pregnant and needed to elevate my feet, one for inbetween my knees and one under my belly lol. Plus one to cuddle with! I’m sure our mouse keeper thinks I’m insane.

I want them to take away pillows! My daughter and I bring our own, my sin won't use one so we literally only need one for my husband. I hate having to find places to stash pillows!

That’s so funny we had to request extra pillows! We’re using both beds, but I’m pregnant and needed to elevate my feet, one for inbetween my knees and one under my belly lol. Plus one to cuddle with! I’m sure our mouse keeper thinks I’m insane.
Well this pretty much describes everyone in my crew minus the pregnant part.

They just started refurbing building 3 in the 50’s building. We are in one half of building 3, it really isnt an issue with anything, except the elevator on occasion. The bowling pin pool is down for cleaning. The computer pool only opens at 11 am, the hippy dippy at 10 am. Both close at 8 pm. It has turned cool today, very nice, even a bit chilly in am and pm but perfect with a little sweatshirt. We have taken the Art of Animation bus several times if it was there at the parks before Pop. It is a short walk back to Pop and you can check out there food court as they have more offerengs to choose from. The bus waits have been fairly short, except for one night to MK for some reason. There doesnt seem to be any chance to get a 4 th FP+ for 7DMT or Toy Story...we had to rope drop for both of these. We are here another night and one more day if anyone has any questions.

They just started refurbing building 3 in the 50’s building. We are in one half of building 3, it really isnt an issue with anything, except the elevator on occasion. The bowling pin pool is down for cleaning. The computer pool only opens at 11 am, the hippy dippy at 10 am. Both close at 8 pm. It has turned cool today, very nice, even a bit chilly in am and pm but perfect with a little sweatshirt. We have taken the Art of Animation bus several times if it was there at the parks before Pop. It is a short walk back to Pop and you can check out there food court as they have more offerengs to choose from. The bus waits have been fairly short, except for one night to MK for some reason. There doesnt seem to be any chance to get a 4 th FP+ for 7DMT or Toy Story...we had to rope drop for both of these. We are here another night and one more day if anyone has any questions.
You are currently there at POP?? Have you posted this note in the refurb thread by chance? I know those updating status would appreciate it - including thread link in case you don't have it

https://www.disboards.com/threads/pop-century-room-renovations.3573071/

@scrappinginontario

We’re in building 6, in the 70s section. The weather today was perfect, I had long sleeves on all day. We might have to start hoping on the AoA buses, were right by the bridge. We’ve had a different experience with buses, we’ve gotten lucky twice I think? Every other time it’s been 35mins+ for a bus. I think the times we’ve gotten lucky is to MK cause they seem to only be running the stretch buses. I think half the issue is the buses themselves, and that there seems to be a lot of groups of teens for different things this week which are filling up the buses a lot.

We are staying at Pop in May :flower1:
This will be our first time back since 2012! :yay:
Does anyone know if they now have towels by the pool?

Huh. So I'm on MDE at the airport waiting to board my flight and it asked me if I wanted to sign up for Minnie Van. It led me to a page to sign up. I'm wondering if they asked automatically because they know I'll be checking in at Pop later today. That's a lot better than going to the front desk to unlock it.

Huh. So I'm on MDE at the airport waiting to board my flight and it asked me if I wanted to sign up for Minnie Van. It led me to a page to sign up. I'm wondering if they asked automatically because they know I'll be checking in at Pop later today. That's a lot better than going to the front desk to unlock it.

We were on our way to VGF last month, driving across the Florida panhandle, when I got the same email. DH already had & has used the Lyft app, but the VGF reservation was linked to my email address. So yes, you got it because they knew you’d be checking in to Pop later.

We came in Wednesday night and the airport was a nightmare! Our flight was almost 45mins early, and it took us almost 3hrs to physically leave the airport! First our luggage was MIA, I was planning on gathering it ourselves because our flight was later and didn’t wanna wait 3hrs for our bags. So I didn’t put the tags on our bags, buttttt my husband did and I didn’t notice. So we went to get our luggage from the belt, there were TONS of Disney tagged luggage on the belt. Just not ours, so after asking 4+ people someone finally found it. Turns out it was the ONLY Disney luggage from our flight pulled off the plane and put aside. Go figure! Then there was 1 person working the DME check in counter. Of course a huge line that was half way through the rental care section, because the people at the head of the line didn’t understand how anything worked and thought they just got on the bus and booked a room at the hotel. So that was a huge wait. Then alllll of the bus lines were packed because of teens coming in on school trips plus everyone else. It didn’t take us long to get on the ME, but they literally filled every seat on the bus. We waited over an hour on the bus till we left. I’ve never ever had that experience with the ME, most of the time they’re half empty. I made a joke after the luggage debacle that we should of got an Uber. But I’m seriously wishing we would of, as it just kept going downhill.

Is this something new with the Minnie van and Pop resort?

We came in Wednesday night and the airport was a nightmare! Our flight was almost 45mins early, and it took us almost 3hrs to physically leave the airport! First our luggage was MIA, I was planning on gathering it ourselves because our flight was later and didn’t wanna wait 3hrs for our bags. So I didn’t put the tags on our bags, buttttt my husband did and I didn’t notice. So we went to get our luggage from the belt, there were TONS of Disney tagged luggage on the belt. Just not ours, so after asking 4+ people someone finally found it. Turns out it was the ONLY Disney luggage from our flight pulled off the plane and put aside. Go figure! Then there was 1 person working the DME check in counter. Of course a huge line that was half way through the rental care section, because the people at the head of the line didn’t understand how anything worked and thought they just got on the bus and booked a room at the hotel. So that was a huge wait. Then alllll of the bus lines were packed because of teens coming in on school trips plus everyone else. It didn’t take us long to get on the ME, but they literally filled every seat on the bus. We waited over an hour on the bus till we left. I’ve never ever had that experience with the ME, most of the time they’re half empty. I made a joke after the luggage debacle that we should of got an Uber. But I’m seriously wishing we would of, as it just kept going downhill.
Sounds terrible! My flight was 22 minutes late getting off the ground (they were very specific about this!) due to the plane arriving late. Hoping there are no other issues, still in the air.

We’re in building 6, in the 70s section. The weather today was perfect, I had long sleeves on all day. We might have to start hoping on the AoA buses, were right by the bridge. We’ve had a different experience with buses, we’ve gotten lucky twice I think? Every other time it’s been 35mins+ for a bus. I think the times we’ve gotten lucky is to MK cause they seem to only be running the stretch buses. I think half the issue is the buses themselves, and that there seems to be a lot of groups of teens for different things this week which are filling up the buses a lot.
It’s really hit or miss...the night i went solo i got right on at Pop, no wait, and right on back from MK with literally no wait. My son said he waited 25/30 min. I ran into a couple who said they waited 45 min. At AK to go to AOA. So you just never know. We ubered several times after late dining reservations and waited 4 to 6 min. for a driver. It was great! Weather cooler today...perfect, but very cool getting out of pool! BRRRRR....lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter