• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney's POP CENTURY RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here's the link to a thread about the rooms after the refurbishments that might be helpful to you for future trips. Post 1 is a culmination of all the data collected. Hope it helps!

Also, if you have information to add to that post, please add a comment to the thread and I'll be sure to update Post 1 with your information. Thanks!
Thanks! I will check on what room we were in when I get home-we are on our way to pick our daughter up from college right now.

Yes, the 60's standard rooms are closest to the Skyliner and bus stops but there are not many of them. Second choice if you wish to be close might be the 50's or 70's.

As mentioned by @bffer the resort isn't too large so nothing is too far away. Personally I like 60's and 70's best but each family has their own preferences.
Thank you both so much! I appreciate your insights.

Heading to the POP next week. We have an early flight in so we will be spending the day at the resort. We are planning on using the skyline to resort hop as well. Any must sees at the others resorts to see or do or even to eat at?

Random question here but do the buildings in POP have elevators or stairs only? We decided last minute to rent a double stroller because it's so much walking & wondered if I need to request a first floor row now.

Perfect thank you! I thought I had read somewhere they didn't have elevators & was panicking!
Smart move with the stroller, when our DDs were younger the stroller (then sit-n-stand) was a game changer. Any time they were getting slow or tired we had them hop in and we did not miss a beat, and we used it for storage. We were able to stay at the parks late and not have any melt downs:)

Heading to the POP next week. We have an early flight in so we will be spending the day at the resort. We are planning on using the skyline to resort hop as well. Any must sees at the others resorts to see or do or even to eat at?

The QS (Primo Piatto I blelive is the spelling) at Riviera has yummy food! SO much better than anything POP has. We ate dinner there one night and breakfast one morning!

The QS (Primo Piatto I blelive is the spelling) at Riviera has yummy food! SO much better than anything POP has. We ate dinner there one night and breakfast one morning!
I can second this. Their QS is amazing! And Bar Riva too.

The skyliner opens up so many possibilities. We really enjoyed eating at the Banana Cabana as well. You could also take the skyliner to Epcot and walk to any/all of the Epcot resorts and enjoy Beaches and Cream or the Boardwalk Bakery. Lots of options.

This is great to know as I've never been a huge fan of the offerings at the POP food court and right now, even less.
I can second this. Their QS is amazing! And Bar Riva too.

The skyliner opens up so many possibilities. We really enjoyed eating at the Banana Cabana as well. You could also take the skyliner to Epcot and walk to any/all of the Epcot resorts and enjoy Beaches and Cream or the Boardwalk Bakery. Lots of options.
Do we know if Beaches and Cream walk-up is available? I remember they closed it around Christmas and hadn't heard that it had reopened.

CONFIRMED: Beaches and Cream is only a table service location right now. Walk-up window has not re-opened.

Last edited:
So how far in advance do y'all check in on the app? Any pros to checking in before arrival day?

So how far in advance do y'all check in on the app? Any pros to checking in before arrival day?
It is definitely worth checking-in early if you have any preference for room location. Many people check-in almost as soon as they book their vacation, many months in advance. There isn't any advantage to checking-in more than about 5-10 days before your trip but it's a step many people like to take early.

This is great to know as I've never been a huge fan of the offerings at the POP food court and right now, even less.

I did mobile order at Primo Piatto and picked it up on my way back to Pop from Epcot. I took it back to Pop and ate in my room. I like their flatbreads and the Croque Monsieur sandwich the best. I am hoping to hear that the Monte Cristo sandwich comes back to Bar Riva, but haven’t yet. It’s nice having extra food options that are easily accessible from Pop.

Sorry for the confusion! I didn’t mean to imply that Beaches and Cream was a walk-up. The Skyliner is a great way to access all of the restaurants and resorts around Crescent Lake.
Thanks. The only reason I wanted to clarify is that Beaches and Cream does have a walk-up window and it’s extremely popular but, is closed at this time.

That is such a shame. POP used to have a great food court but discovered the quality and selection had declined on my last trip in January 2020, EXCEPT the vanilla pancakes which are sadly no longer on the menu. I hope they come back!

I hope the food court at POP and especially the Landscape of Flavors at AoA have an expanded menu (and more normal operation) by the time of my POP stay in August. At least there are other good options with the skyliner if things don’t improve.

I'm so glad you posted this. Only standard is available for my trip in December. I've been stalking the web site every day for a preferred room. Maybe I'll just be happy with my standard!

I would stick with standard. We always book standard except once in 2019 we booked preferred due to an amazing AP discount and the preferred room we received was actually further then some of the standard rooms we’ve stayed in. Also my husband is weirdo and always times his walks from the furthest part of the resort to the busses/food court and it’s never longer then 7-8 mins to walk it. To us it’s just not worth it. We also always stay in 50’s building 1 or 3.

I would stick with standard. We always book standard except once in 2019 we booked preferred due to an amazing AP discount and the preferred room we received was actually further then some of the standard rooms we’ve stayed in. Also my husband is weirdo and always times his walks from the furthest part of the resort to the busses/food court and it’s never longer then 7-8 mins to walk it. To us it’s just not worth it. We also always stay in 50’s building 1 or 3.
I am your husband. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter