Disney's POP CENTURY RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok thank you! We mainly use Disney transportation except for the occasional moments like when rope dropping if the bus lines are exceptionally long. This past November we Uber’d to Speedway when the skyliner line was really, really long. But we love Disney transportation!
Was this before BGs were distributed at 7 AM? When BGs were distributed at 10 AM there was a really long line at Pop for the Skyliner but now that BGs are distributed at 7 AM it’s easier. That being said, there can still be a line when you get to CBR.

Pop guests are most welcome to take the bus to Epcot or DHS from AoA. If you're hoping to be on one of the first buses, it's recommended you arrive at the bus stop 90 mins before park opening.

You may take an Uber to Swan/Dolphin and be let off there as they do not have security to go through if you're just being dropped off.

Thank you!!!

Does anyone know if the Swan or Dolphin entrance is closer to the IG?

Was this before BGs were distributed at 7 AM? When BGs were distributed at 10 AM there was a really long line at Pop for the Skyliner but now that BGs are distributed at 7 AM it’s easier. That being said, there can still be a line when you get to CBR.
It was after.... but we probably should’ve been in line a bit earlier. There was quite a wait at CBR one of the mornings we were there.

ETA: this was also on Thanksgiving week so extra busy.

Last edited:
Hope someone can help - is the food court at Pop open ? I`m worried about finding a table to eat at when I pick up our mobile order or will I have to pick up food and go to our room to eat it. Also at quick service at Downtown Disney (Earl of Sandwich) are tables plentiful ? Trying to plan a trip in early May and I see reservation at table service at a lot of sit down are gone already - just don`t want trying to eat to be a big hassle. Thanks for any input.

Hope someone can help - is the food court at Pop open ? I`m worried about finding a table to eat at when I pick up our mobile order or will I have to pick up food and go to our room to eat it. Also at quick service at Downtown Disney (Earl of Sandwich) are tables plentiful ? Trying to plan a trip in early May and I see reservation at table service at a lot of sit down are gone already - just don`t want trying to eat to be a big hassle. Thanks for any input.
Yes, the food court is open at Pop (7 AM - 10 PM) with socially distanced tables available.

In general, you will want to plan your dining ahead in the parks if possible. Many report choosing their QS choice, approx pickup time and meal early in the morning. Once your time arrives and you’re ready to eat you would click ‘here now’ and the QS will prepare your meals.

If you wait up order when you’re hungry you may have troubles finding a pickup time that isn’t an hour or more off.

Dining right now just requires a bit more planning due to reduced locations being open.

Yes, the food court is open at Pop (7 AM - 10 PM) with socially distanced tables available.

In general, you will want to plan your dining ahead in the parks if possible. Many report choosing their QS choice, approx pickup time and meal early in the morning. Once your time arrives and you’re ready to eat you would click ‘here now’ and the QS will prepare your meals.

If you wait up order when you’re hungry you may have troubles finding a pickup time that isn’t an hour or more off.

Dining right now just requires a bit more planning due to reduced locations being open.
Thank You for the quick response !

We ate at Earls in January. We didn’t have to do mobile ordering and there were plenty of tables outside. They had removed some of the tables inside but all the booths were available. Truthfully we didn’t feel comfortable eating inside as it was just to crowded for us but outside was fine.

Trying to finish online check in for our April trip. Thinking of requesting 70’s section. We have a standard room and are wondering if anyone had a room that your would recommend?

We really enjoy building 6, rooms in the 6x13 - 6x24 range. (Replace the 'x' with the floor number you want.) Those are close to Classic Hall and transportation.

The red arrow shows where these rooms are located:

I may be strange but I find the noise level at Pop, and other "motel" style places to be less than ANY hotel I have stayed at that has inside halls and doors. The doors do not have a gap under them that allows sounds in. As long as there is no connecting door, you don't have that open space and a towel in a connecting door dampens that sound. I have no desire to stay at a Deluxe for just this reason. We stayed at Shades of Green once and could hear every door open in the hallway, every word spoken even if they weren't clear...we find the same thing at every Holiday Inn, every Comfort Inn, every other hotel we have stayed at including the HRH at Universal. Give me a motel style with an outside door for privacy and quiet.

Putting a towel down in between the connecting doors took care of it. I am not saying I will never have a bad noise situation at Pop, only that I haven’t in a dozen stays (even one during Pop Warner season).
What a great idea!! I had never thought to put a towel between the doors but that makes so much sense!! Thanks for sharing this tip!

Just a few more questions before our May trip. This will be our 3rd time staying at POP but our last trip to WDW was in 2016! I know with COVID things have changed as well.....

Do they still hold your luggage for you on the last day after checkout? I know we did that the last 2 times we were there. We usually go to Disney Springs our last day after we check out before Magic Express picks us up.

Has anyone used Amazon Prime Now to deliver to POP? This would be our first time doing any sort of grocery delivery. This one seems the best for us. Nothing crazy just water and sodas and some breakfast items. Just wanted to make sure we didn't have to be there when it was delivered.

Excited and counting down the days!!

Last edited:
Just a few more questions before our May trip. This will be our 3rd time staying at POP but our last trip to WDW was in 2016! I know with COVID things have changed as well.....

Do they still hold your luggage for you on the last day after checkout? I know we did that the last 2 times we were there. We usually go to Disney Springs our last day after we check out before Magic Express picks us up.

Has anyone used Amazon Prime Now to deliver to POP? This would be our first time doing any sort of grocery delivery. this one seems the best for us. Nothing crazy just water and sodas and some breakfast items . Just wanted to make sure we didn't have to be there when it was delivered.

Excited and counting down the days!!
Yes when we were there this past November, they held our luggage while we went to the park on our departure day. Also we’ve used Amazon prime now at All Star Sports a year or two ago and it was convenient and easy. We did not have to be there for it’s arrival unless the order contained alcohol. I would imagine it would be the same setup at Pop.

Has anyone used Amazon Prime Now to deliver to POP? This would be our first time doing any sort of grocery delivery. This one seems the best for us. Nothing crazy just water and sodas and some breakfast items. Just wanted to make sure we didn't have to be there when it was delivered.
My wife used Prime Now when she was at POP in February, it was held at Bell Services. She isn't sure if Bell Services was still willing to deliver the order to the room for a small fee, it was either $3 or $5 before the pandemic. She says she would absolutely do it again.

My wife used Prime Now when she was at POP in February, it was held at Bell Services. She isn't sure if Bell Services was still willing to deliver the order to the room for a small fee, it was either $3 or $5 before the pandemic. She says she would absolutely do it again.

They delivered our groceries to our room last November. I can’t remember what the fee was, but I think it was $5-6.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter