Disney's POLYNESIAN VILLAGE RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes! I just saw this on Facebook too and had the same thought. Looking like rack rate it is lol. I really do love the renovations.

Yeah...even though rack for a Standard View at the Poly is more than that for a Water View at Yacht Club, I'm ok with paying it for my 2022 birthday trip. The Yacht Club rooms do look amazing, but I'd rather let people who give Remy's patootie about the pool (pools in general skeeve me out) and being able to walk to Studios (a skip it park for me) have the room.

I think Disney thinks/knows they crushed it with this room renovation. They’ve really been all in on info/social media with the rooms.

Meanwhile WL opens in like 6 weeks with new rooms, and not a peep.

Probably shows what the really money maker is for Disney.
So originally, my whole Disney journey started with me wanting to stay at WL. They upgraded me to Poly when they decided to close WL long term. I couldnt believe the hotel I booked & was in love with had to be closed. Ive been having the same thought, it seems the WL has been being renovated FOREVER, with no info, nothing?! Poly was such a quick turnaround and it’s GORGEOUS. They havnt even changed WL stock photos yet

Yeah...even though rack for a Standard View at the Poly is more than that for a Water View at Yacht Club, I'm ok with paying it for my 2022 birthday trip. The Yacht Club rooms do look amazing, but I'd rather let people who give Remy's patootie about the pool (pools in general skeeve me out) and being able to walk to Studios (a skip it park for me) have the room.
I'm still hoping a Poly room shows up for me. I currently have WL and YC booked😳 I didn't love the WL rooms but I like the peaceful feeling of the resort. YC rooms are nicer and cleaner but I don't get that relaxing feel. Hence the reason I have 2 things booked and can't decide. My kids and husband have no interest in GF. I check daily for a room at the Poly lol.

Oh, I had no clue they were even renovating the WL and I've been keeping up with news for a few weeks now. That's certianly an odd choice. XD
The Moana rooms look so good and balanced. I'm not a huge fan of Moana but I think the characters are integrated very well and they certainly do fit the theme of the resort. Looking at earlier rooms, it's not even a close competition, it's such an improvement.

I'm still hoping a Poly room shows up for me. I currently have WL and YC booked😳 I didn't love the WL rooms but I like the peaceful feeling of the resort. YC rooms are nicer and cleaner but I don't get that relaxing feel. Hence the reason I have 2 things booked and can't decide. My kids and husband have no interest in GF. I check daily for a room at the Poly lol.

I've gotta say, I'm with your husband and kids. The GF just looks and feels too stuffy for me to be able to relax. I'm not that fancy. LOL.

I've gotta say, I'm with your husband and kids. The GF just looks and feels too stuffy for me to be able to relax. I'm not that fancy. LOL.
I will say we (me and my kids) ate at the HF QS in march and my kids said its not terrible, lo
Lol. That's exactly what they said.

I have CC and Poly booked. DVC though so no new room renovations. Are all the resort side rooms at Poly getting those Moana rooms?

Hoping that monorail is running by the 4th of July. Who knows though. Things are possible

Was considering canceling CC and trying the new WL rooms but not sure it’s worth it with Only two people in the room

I have CC and Poly booked. DVC though so no new room renovations. Are all the resort side rooms at Poly getting those Moana rooms?

Hoping that monorail is running by the 4th of July. Who knows though. Things are possible

Was considering canceling CC and trying the new WL rooms but not sure it’s worth it with Only two people in the room

Yes, as far as we know all the resort side rooms are being redone.

We will be making a dining reservation at Kona for dinner when the time comes. Do you think we will need them for breakfast as well? Planning on at least two breakfast at Kona.

We will be making a dining reservation at Kona for dinner when the time comes. Do you think we will need them for breakfast as well? Planning on at least two breakfast at Kona.

Considering the challenges people have had with ADRs, yes you should make them. Alternatively, Kona is one of the TS restaurants offering to-go meals, so you could order breakfast that way and take it back to your room.

We did To Go for breakfast nearly every day on our last trip. Super convenient, in our experience. Pickup window times have been favorable in my opinion, but of course that could change when the hotel side reopens.

I would make it to be safe. The to go options are nice but who knows if that will still be an option in the future (I think it's staying but who knows).

Considering the challenges people have had with ADRs, yes you should make them. Alternatively, Kona is one of the TS restaurants offering to-go meals, so you could order breakfast that way and take it back to your room.
We did To Go for breakfast nearly every day on our last trip. Super convenient, in our experience. Pickup window times have been favorable in my opinion, but of course that could change when the hotel side reopens.
I would make it to be safe. The to go options are nice but who knows if that will still be an option in the future (I think it's staying but who knows).
Thank you everyone. Had no idea they had to go option. That definitely works for me. I'm an early riser and most likely DS and DSF will still be sleeping at the crack of dawn. 🤣

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter