Disney's POLYNESIAN VILLAGE RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
We have the ability to park hop because we have AP's, but for our 7 days trip next month I had my parents by 7 day base tix because they way we decided to plan the trip didn't need hoppers. We plan a lot of midday breaks to go back to the Poly but no multi-park days. IF we decide at some point that hopping is a necessity they can upgrade their tickets there on property.

Now our last trip in May was a short 4 day trip for F&G and we stayed at BWV and we took advantage of hopping almost daily.

@johnsonet Those are great photos. We arrive soon and I can't wait. Your photos made us feel like we are there already.
Thank you so much :hug: Hope it's a magical trip.

Whew! Made it through the whole thread! And am extra excited about our Feb trip now ☺️. I am 180 days out tomorrow so today I'm trying to make park plans so I can make our ADRs. I have noticed that transportation can sometimes be an issue - which is making me debate whether I should plan on park hoppers or not. We'll be there in Feb, so the hours will be more limited in any case. Do y'all find that you tend to take advantage of park hopping more with the TTC right there?
I have taken short trips without park hoppers, when trying to keep costs down. But we used the heck out of our park hoppers a couple of weeks ago. We visited at least 3 parks per day party:

Do they have make up mirrors in all the rooms now?
yes :) We did in Fiji.

Anyone have any current info on renting boats at the marina? The info seems to be missing from the Disney pages. Are you still able to rent boats?
I remember reading that boat rentals are back in operation after the terrible tragedy at the Grand Floridian.

Whew! Made it through the whole thread! And am extra excited about our Feb trip now ☺️. I am 180 days out tomorrow so today I'm trying to make park plans so I can make our ADRs.

The time will go fast and you will be checking into the Poly before you know it! Enjoy the planning :).

Checking in 13 days, so excited! Silly question, if staying in the studios with two bathrooms, do we get two sets of shampoo and conditioner?

I can't answer about the shampoo/conditioner, but wanted to say I hope you have a great trip! :wizard:

10 days until we check in! so excited!

Have a great time! :yay:

This will vary depending on your personal park touring style, but for us, park hoppers are a must (many people will disagree with this though). For us it's not because "transportation is an issue" but rather it's 100% for the flexibility of moving around and (gasp) being spontaneous if the mood hits. Specifically at Poly, we've often hopped over to Epcot at the last minute for dinner, or MK late just in time for Wishes, etc. The reason hoppers work at a place like Poly is that the transportation IS so convenient (just my opinion!).

This is us as well as we find the hoppers to provide more flexibility :goodvibes.

OP - you could always wait until you get there and decide. If you see the hopper would be more feasible, you can always add it. If you get hoppers now, you can't change after you arrive as the hopper option can't be taken off/refunded, but you can add that option later if you decide it's something you want/need. Just a suggestion if you are torn about spending the extra now and not needing to hop once you get there.

Whew! Made it through the whole thread! And am extra excited about our Feb trip now ☺️. I am 180 days out tomorrow so today I'm trying to make park plans so I can make our ADRs. I have noticed that transportation can sometimes be an issue - which is making me debate whether I should plan on park hoppers or not. We'll be there in Feb, so the hours will be more limited in any case. Do y'all find that you tend to take advantage of park hopping more with the TTC right there?

I agree with the others about park hopping being so easy while staying at Poly. One thing to add is now that you can book 4th FP's on your phone, it makes park hopping even that more appealing. Last trip, we found that we would go on our favorite rides in one park, then quickly snag a FP for a favorite ride in a different park so off we went! It was spontaneous and fabulous! Another night, we had been at AK all day and went back to Poly around 5ish, didn't have an ADR and we wanted to have a sit-down meal, so we got on the app and found a restaurant in MK so we booked it and hopped over there to eat. While at it, we decided to make a FP on the app and we went on more rides too! So, for us, now that we can book additional FP's on our phone, we find it quite necessary to have hoppers! In the past, not so much.

10 days until we check in! so excited! We are thinking about the Twilight Feast. Any recommendations on how to order (like 1 adult 1 kid meal) We are a family of 4 (2 adults and a 7 and 5 year old).
Thanks for your help!

We ordered two adult meals last August and had some leftovers. We're a family of 4 with two kids (7 and 5 also). I don't know if one adult and one kid order would have been enough for us.

We *really* appreciate the flexibility of being able to pop to a different park for a little bit in the afternoon, or for the fireworks or something. But then, we are very relaxed park attenders, and don't stay all day or anything, we just stop when we start to feel overwhelmed (we have an ASD child) and then we can rest for for a bit, and maybe do something else later, it really works for us. I would feel restricted with single park tickets...

We always get park hoppers because we like the flexibility. With park hoppers we can go to a different park if we want after our afternoon rest/swim. We enjoy hoping over to Epcot a lot because we like to eat around WS. We also always seem to end a lot of our evenings at the MK; we just love it there at night. Obviously without park hoppers this wouldn't be possible. We don't hop everyday but hop parks probably 75% of our trip. On our last trip we went to three parks several days. We don't like to be restricted to just one park per day.

I didn't know adding the hopper option later was possible - thanks so much!

At this point I'm thinking we might as well, what's another few hundred dollars? . I'm also glad to see the responses about deciding on a whim to go to another park for dinner or FPs, I do tend to feel like I have to have EVERY SECOND planned and that we are locked in to that.

I didn't know adding the hopper option later was possible - thanks so much!

At this point I'm thinking we might as well, what's another few hundred dollars? . I'm also glad to see the responses about deciding on a whim to go to another park for dinner or FPs, I do tend to feel like I have to have EVERY SECOND planned and that we are locked in to that.

We had no trouble booking 4th and sometimes even 5th FPs on our trip in June. I scheduled all our FPs before we'd leave for our afternoon break so I could schedule another FP for the evening (often in a different park).

Checked in a few hours ago. The room is huge! And this is a standard view? Holy cow! I'll take it! We are in Aotearoa on third floor, room 3225.

Awesome! My favourite Poly room!! We stayed in 3225 exactly 2 years ago this week :) after 4 nights at the YC on the Magical deal that year.

Enjoy!! it is the perfect location.

Checked in a few hours ago. The room is huge! And this is a standard view? Holy cow! I'll take it! We are in Aotearoa on third floor, room 3225.

LOVE! Poly has the greatest room views in Disney! You are off to a great start by getting that awesome room -- can't wait to hear all about it. Enjoy!

Awesome view!
I just looked on Touring Plans and they have your room categorized as "Garden" view; the room to your left 3224 is categorized as "Lagoon" view :thumbsup2

So I have a DVC reservation booked for this january, we were only able to secure 5 nights and would love to extend it 2 more nights. If I were to book a "villa studio room" what are the chances that we would be able to just stay in the same room? What are the steps I would go through to request that?
Thank in advance :goodvibes

Which of the 3 Studio Villa long houses do you like the best and why? We'll be doing two standard view studios and requesting connecting rooms, so I'm trying to figure out which of the long houses to request as my other option. I was thinking Moorea or Pago Pago to be close to the TTC but Tokelau puts us closer to the GCH, but further from the TTC and I'm worried about pool noise.

We are all so excited - we check-in in less than 2 weeks. This is a celebration of our oldest DD turning 21. She knows we are going to DW because that is where she wanted to spend her 21st birthday but doesn't know where we are staying (Hawaii). Also we are surprising her with 4 of her good friends joining us for the week. They fly down the day after we check in. Our other kids know and it has been so hard keeping it a secret. We are planning so much that we will be sad once the planning is over. Each day will have a theme and everyone will wear something that matches. Whether it will be a tie dyed shirt, or flowers in their hair (hats for my DH and DS), bow ties, bandanas, etc and last is the MNSSHP - our DD is Snow White and the rest of us are the Prince, Evil Queen and the 7 dwarfs (10 in total). All her friends are so excited, we are just debating how to surprise her with her friends. We are thinking in front of Cinderella's castle (her favorite place).
We had a tough year with illnesses and now that everyone is healthy we are so excited that the summer is ending in such a fun way. Now I am off to go finish decorating all of the magic bands.

We are all so excited - we check-in in less than 2 weeks. This is a celebration of our oldest DD turning 21. She knows we are going to DW because that is where she wanted to spend her 21st birthday but doesn't know where we are staying (Hawaii). Also we are surprising her with 4 of her good friends joining us for the week. They fly down the day after we check in. Our other kids know and it has been so hard keeping it a secret. We are planning so much that we will be sad once the planning is over. Each day will have a theme and everyone will wear something that matches. Whether it will be a tie dyed shirt, or flowers in their hair (hats for my DH and DS), bow ties, bandanas, etc and last is the MNSSHP - our DD is Snow White and the rest of us are the Prince, Evil Queen and the 7 dwarfs (10 in total). All her friends are so excited, we are just debating how to surprise her with her friends. We are thinking in front of Cinderella's castle (her favorite place).
We had a tough year with illnesses and now that everyone is healthy we are so excited that the summer is ending in such a fun way. Now I am off to go finish decorating all of the magic bands.

Wow! What a special trip you have planned. I think this is one of the most fun ideas I've heard of here on the Dis!
It's going to be an INCREDIBLE vacation!
pixiedust::wizard:party::cheer2::wave::cool1:

Which of the 3 Studio Villa long houses do you like the best and why? We'll be doing two standard view studios and requesting connecting rooms, so I'm trying to figure out which of the long houses to request as my other option. I was thinking Moorea or Pago Pago to be close to the TTC but Tokelau puts us closer to the GCH, but further from the TTC and I'm worried about pool noise.
We stayed in Tokelau back in July. It was wonderful! We had a side view of the lake and a view of the pool. We never heard any noise from the pool and enjoyed being closer to the GCH and the drink refill station at the Oasis pool. The walk to the TTC was not bad at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter