Disney's POLYNESIAN VILLAGE RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
May I ask how you go about booking one of these "cabanas"? Thanks! :)

It was easy enough - I called the Disney Reservation number as if I was booking any other activity. :-) 407-939-7529 - They are called Oasis Patios at the Oasis pool and can be booked for a full day 10-7pm or half day - 10-3 or 3-7pm. Price varies on season. Ours was more expense as it is on the 4th of July.

It was easy enough - I called the Disney Reservation number as if I was booking any other activity. :-) 407-939-7529 - They are called Oasis Patios at the Oasis pool and can be booked for a full day 10-7pm or half day - 10-3 or 3-7pm. Price varies on season. Ours was more expense as it is on the 4th of July.

Thank you!

We will be staying at the Poly for the first time this fall (eek!!). Do they still pipe the music for fireworks in on the beach and allow for viewing from that area? The first night we arrive we are planning a Narcoossee's dinner and I'm trying to decide if I should plan that ADR to watch from the restaurant or book a smidge earlier to allow us time to get back to the Poly and enjoy from the beach. Thanks in advance for any feedback/insight!

Staying at the Poly for the first time in June for two nights. Originally, the plan was for me to arrive around 11 am Thursday morning, go to Epcot all day, and then meet up with my boyfriend in the evening (he's at a conference all day) for dinner at Ohana. Then, Friday we'd rope drop 8 am EMH at the MK and then hop over to Epcot for a drinking/snacking around the world afternoon and dinner at Biergarten. Sounded fun, but exhausting.
Now we've totally revamped that--my boyfriend now thinks he'll be done with the conference around 3 pm. I think for only around four hours, while going to a park would be great, it's unnecessary. I keep thinking about how beautiful the Poly is and we're paying a premium to stay there....so why not stick around to enjoy the amenities?! My boyfriend totally agrees. So I'll be hanging out at the pool, probably consume a Lapu Lapu or two, have lunch at Captain Cook's...just relax and enjoy the resort. May or may not go to Hollywood Studios when my boyfriend is done with the conference, just for a few FP+. We'll make a game-time decision depending on what time he actually gets to the Poly.
We'll do the same thing Friday morning and skip the MK--sleep in and enjoy the resort before going over to Epcot whenever we feel like it.
I've never had this much resort time during a trip! It just seems like the Poly is the place to do it. And I really don't think I'll miss my park time--coming back in July for 5 days with a friend!

We will be staying at the Poly for the first time this fall (eek!!). Do they still pipe the music for fireworks in on the beach and allow for viewing from that area? The first night we arrive we are planning a Narcoossee's dinner and I'm trying to decide if I should plan that ADR to watch from the restaurant or book a smidge earlier to allow us time to get back to the Poly and enjoy from the beach. Thanks in advance for any feedback/insight!

lol!! love it! amyhow. there is a balcony surrounding Narcosse's and they paip in the music there. you can leave your table, go out and watch, and then return to your table. (of course, there may be other guests not eating at the restaurant there ahead of time. from inside the restaurant,it may be difficult to see through the people on the balcony.

however, if you eat early, I would make it early enough to get to the beach ahead of time if you want a lounger. if you're ok sitting (or standing) in the sand, no worries. anthoer thing.. sometimes we have been able to hear the music from the beach and sometimes is was very faint.. hard to predict. we';; be ther in 8 days yay!so we'll let youknow when we get back!

Can a person get a Lapu Lapu or other alcoholic drinks to take to the pool? If so where do you go to order them?

Can a person get a Lapu Lapu or other alcoholic drinks to take to the pool? If so where do you go to order them?

Lapu Lapus are only available at the Tambu Lounge. It's a natural to-go cup, so yes - you can get one there and take it to the pool. You can get any drink at Tambu to go.

The main pool has the Barefoot Pool bar and the Oasis Pool has the Oasis Bar/Grill. Both are pretty much full service bars, but you can't get "signature" drinks like a Lapu Lapu or Backstratcher at those bars.

Lapu Lapus are only available at the Tambu Lounge. It's a natural to-go cup, so yes - you can get one there and take it to the pool. You can get any drink at Tambu to go.

The main pool has the Barefoot Pool bar and the Oasis Pool has the Oasis Bar/Grill. Both are pretty much full service bars, but you can't get "signature" drinks like a Lapu Lapu or Backstratcher at those bars.
Ok thank you. I know they have the Tiki Terrace is that also where you can get drinks?

When did they stop making Lapu Lapu and Backscratchers at the Barefoot Bar? I used to get them sans pineapple and the long handled backscratcher, but rather in a plastic cup. You can also get the Lapu Lapu in a plastic cup rather than in the pineapple from Tambu and that used to be a bit less pricey. Maybe that has changed? If so, when Tambu opens, you are able to get the full effect from Tambu and take it wherever you wish.

lol!! love it! amyhow. there is a balcony surrounding Narcosse's and they paip in the music there. you can leave your table, go out and watch, and then return to your table. (of course, there may be other guests not eating at the restaurant there ahead of time. from inside the restaurant,it may be difficult to see through the people on the balcony.

however, if you eat early, I would make it early enough to get to the beach ahead of time if you want a lounger. if you're ok sitting (or standing) in the sand, no worries. anthoer thing.. sometimes we have been able to hear the music from the beach and sometimes is was very faint.. hard to predict. we';; be ther in 8 days yay!so we'll let youknow when we get back!

OH I didn't even think about the quality of the sound on the beach... Hm... Yes, please let me know your thoughts once you get back! Have an awesome time!!!

When did they stop making Lapu Lapu and Backscratchers at the Barefoot Bar? I used to get them sans pineapple and the long handled backscratcher, but rather in a plastic cup. You can also get the Lapu Lapu in a plastic cup rather than in the pineapple from Tambu and that used to be a bit less pricey. Maybe that has changed? If so, when Tambu opens, you are able to get the full effect from Tambu and take it wherever you wish.

You know, that's a good point, you're probably right. I was more referring to the 'real' way with the pineapple, backstratcher, etc. I suspect either Barefoot or Oasis can and will make the actual drinks, just without the various vessels/toys like you say - but I've never tried.

We were able to stay at CR once when my parents took us to Disney, but have been on budgets and in Moderate Resorts since. Found out we love POR. That said, I had been thinking about taking my kids to Polynesian - it looked like someplace I'd really like, too. A couple of questions - my kids are 11, 8 and 8 (they love Stitch, so we've been to 'Ohana and will probably do that again)... what are your favorite reasons for booking at Polynesian Resort?

And, does anyone know what the cheapest rates (ballpark) can be for Polynesian? We are looking at 3/10 park level days in December right now - Polynesian Resort seems to be over $500 - didn't know if there might be any savings from that at other low-level crowd times of year. I know luxury resorts are high end, but I've seen some lower rates for CR, so I am hoping. pixiedust:

Okay I just have an opinion question. DD and DSIL want to go to DW this fall and I would love to stay at the Poly again. With their work schedule and mine the first two weeks of October works but to do Saturday-Saturday they have no rooms available. Do you guys think this is because of the popularity of the resort or like Pete said people have multi reservations in anticipation for free dinning? To me I think of September being more for free dinning, i don't know weather to wait till next week to see if anything opens up or get another resort before it is gone too! Actually there isn't a lot out there for standard views. Thanks for opinions!

We were able to stay at CR once when my parents took us to Disney, but have been on budgets and in Moderate Resorts since. Found out we love POR. That said, I had been thinking about taking my kids to Polynesian - it looked like someplace I'd really like, too. A couple of questions - my kids are 11, 8 and 8 (they love Stitch, so we've been to 'Ohana and will probably do that again)... what are your favorite reasons for booking at Polynesian Resort?

And, does anyone know what the cheapest rates (ballpark) can be for Polynesian? We are looking at 3/10 park level days in December right now - Polynesian Resort seems to be over $500 - didn't know if there might be any savings from that at other low-level crowd times of year. I know luxury resorts are high end, but I've seen some lower rates for CR, so I am hoping. pixiedust:
I know the cheapest rate you will get at the Polynesian is in the middle of August through the first week in September. That is with a travel agency that I cannot mention on the disboards because it is against the rules. Our rate this year for a standard view was 266.63 a night.

Last edited:
OH I didn't even think about the quality of the sound on the beach... Hm... Yes, please let me know your thoughts once you get back! Have an awesome time!!!

Yeah, I was going to say the same thing about the music. In Feb the sound was pretty darn low. Audible, but low. You could easily be too far out on the beach and not hear it.

Small caveat to your question in that no one quite knows what the new fireworks are going to be like from the out-of-park places like Poly, Narcoooses, etc. Hopefully will still be similar and they will still play the music.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter