Disney's POLYNESIAN VILLAGE RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello! We just booked our family of 6 (the baby is only 2) for the Poly. Our dates are 9/1-9/9. I saw that there are microwaves on request. Is that something I put in my room request or how would I go about requesting a microwave?

Christine

We have never requested in advance and never had a problem getting while we were there. You can try to request in advance but you can just request when you get there. Enjoy - we love the Poly.

No way! I have been off the boards for a while and hopped on because we're looking at planning a trip next April. That's ridiculous that you have to reserve them. We snagged one our last day and loved it. So there's a cost?

Yeah, it's sort of silly. "Cabana" certainly isn't the right term for those. I can't remember the cost, it's not that much though. I think you can do 1/2 day or full day rentals but I'm not sure about that, there was some recent discussion on here about it if I'm not mistaken.

Last July we saw pretty much the same three families come down at like 7AM every morning and throw towels down to reserve them. I guess Disney figured they could monetize this and folks will pay.

No way! I have been off the boards for a while and hopped on because we're looking at planning a trip next April. That's ridiculous that you have to reserve them. We snagged one our last day and loved it. So there's a cost?

I actually think this is a better system. That way I can reserve the days I want without having to hope a cabana is available when we get to the pool. I believe the cost is under $50 a day. I also prefer they aren't the fancy kind like the GF which look great but cost much more. I can bring my own drinks and towels.

Last July we saw pretty much the same three families come down at like 7AM every morning and throw towels down to reserve them. I guess Disney figured they could monetize this and folks will pay.

Or maybe they thought having a reservation system puts everyone on an even playing field. I for one absolutely cannot stand the towel-saving system that happens at resorts worldwide where people save chairs with towels at 7:00 am and don't use them until mid-afternoon.

Greetings from Hawaii 1518!

Hope you're having a great time :wizard:.

Hello! We just booked our family of 6 (the baby is only 2) for the Poly. Our dates are 9/1-9/9. I saw that there are microwaves on request. Is that something I put in my room request or how would I go about requesting a microwave?

Christine

Your question has been answered, but I wanted to say I hope you have a great trip :).

So happy to be able to join back in! Just booked our stay at the Poly for November. Disney's site didn't have our dates available but we got a good deal through a travel agent and was able to book for Thanksgiving week. (need to go over school breaks due to ds' school schedule). We stayed at the poly for our 1st trip in 2013. We were at the beach club in 2015 for Thanksgiving, which we loved, but we really really missed the poly, the monorail and being on the MK side. Can't wait to go back!

Congrats on booking another Poly stay! We feel the same about the BC. It's a nice resort, but we prefer the MK area and the beautiful tropical atmosphere of the Poly. Enjoy the rest of your planning, hope you have a great Thanksgiving trip :goodvibes.

I hate to say I'm wishing away my spring, summer and fall but I'm SO excited for our very first stay at the Poly in December! Actually our first Deluxe stay period. We've visited the Poly a couple times for dining at Ohana and Kona Cafe, but never really got the chance to check out the grounds other than walking over to the boat launch. 230 days and counting!!

I have never done online check-in. We are staying at the Poly in August. If you do online check-in do you just go straight to your room, or do you still need to stop at the front desk?

I have never done online check-in. We are staying at the Poly in August. If you do online check-in do you just go straight to your room, or do you still need to stop at the front desk?

Either can happen. It doesn't seem to always be one way or the other. Even if you get the email that you can go straight to your room (I check into Boardwalk on Thursday and got the email a few days ago), I have seen a lot of people report not getting the text at all even though they were selected for it.

I hate to say I'm wishing away my spring, summer and fall but I'm SO excited for our very first stay at the Poly in December! Actually our first Deluxe stay period. We've visited the Poly a couple times for dining at Ohana and Kona Cafe, but never really got the chance to check out the grounds other than walking over to the boat launch. 230 days and counting!!

I feel the same way. We will be going in September and I find myself wanting to hurry up the summer. I love summer though.

Either can happen. It doesn't seem to always be one way or the other. Even if you get the email that you can go straight to your room (I check into Boardwalk on Thursday and got the email a few days ago), I have seen a lot of people report not getting the text at all even though they were selected for it.
Thanks, I guess I will stop at the desk just in case.

Christine

We do this every trip. Because they are first come first serve, I wouldn't bother wasting a room request on the microwave as it would probably not transfer to the correct department. As soon as we are in our room, I call Housekeeping from the room phone and ask for a microwave and extra hangers. They bring them to the room typically within 30 - 45 minutes. Have a great trip!!

We will also be there in December. Everything about the Poly is absolutely fantastic that you will always want to stay there!

New to this thread. I'm happy to spend my weekend reading the past 50+ pages, but I'm more interested in the Poly "crew" helping me decide between GF (Garden View OB) or Poly (Standard View). I did get some good advice from one of my fav DISers (in this thread too), but I would appreciate any and all input.

Background info: 2A/4C (maybe 5C) ages 11,11,9,7 (maybe 16) - Staying Sep 2-9. We would book two rooms.

Any idea which resort would give my family the best chance of getting connecting rooms?

Thank you so much in advance.

I may have received incorrect info from a CM, but she told me that connecting rooms are guaranteed when just two adults are booking with multiple kids. We have 4 adults, 4 kids so that didn't work to guarantee for us.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter